“Nice Staff--But a Kind of Tired Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #87 of 129 hotels in Miami
Wauwatosa, WI
“Nice Staff--But a Kind of Tired Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard the night before we were flying out of Miami.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, but the rooms and hallways look like they could stand a refresh. Doors squeaked and windows were hard to open.

We stay at a lot of Marriott and Courtyard properties and this one was not up to standard.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlos P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the incontinences you experienced during your stay. Our property recently went through public space renovations and will soon be doing the same with all of our rooms in order to bring the property up to current standards that all of our guests can enjoy. I will be sure to share your comments about of staff with our entire team and we certainly hope you will visit us again once our rooms are renovated.

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Where do I begin the entire staff from housekeeping to the front desk were A+, the room was clean, quiet and comfy. I only wish I had the courage to tell the breakfast girl I saw every morning how hot she was... Her name is Angelica and she is super sexy, was always smiling and was just a sweetheart! It made it easy to wake up early and get ready to start my day. So anyone looking for a clean, safe, great priced hotel you have won't go wrong booking here. It was also located very close to many food options and shopping including a Wal-Mart super center 15mins away. It was about 30min from the beaches as well.

If anyone knows her please email me at: realityworldlc@yahoodotcom

Room Tip: All room were great!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Carlos P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your kinds words regarding our entire staff. I will be certain to share your comments with them and insure that their level of service continues to exceed all of our guest’s expectations. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of our Bistro and various restaurant and shopping in our area. We certainly hope that you return to our property very soon.

Carlos Perez
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel for one night. We only stayed here because it was the closest available Marriott to Santas's Enchanted Forest. We arrived at the hotel around 7pm and waited at the front desk about 5 minutes and finally a gentleman by the name of Raul surfaced from the back to check us in. He was very welcoming and very nice. Our room was on the first floor. The carpet in the hotel was dirty, the sliding door to our room appeared to be broken; the screen on the outside was falling off the door. The sheets on the bed were hard and the shower did not drain well. The entire night all we heard were airplanes flying over the hotel. We could not sleep. Chances are we will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the incontinences you experienced during your stay. Unfortunately our property is in direct line with one of the runways that feed Miami International Airport; this in turn does create air traffic over the hotel. I certainly hope that you will give us the opportunity to accommodate you in the future after our property is completely renovated. Thank you again for your comments.

Sincerely
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have never written a review about a hotel but, this one was so bad that I had to. Dirty, rusty, and overpriced. I've stayed in pay by the hour hotels that had nicer rooms. The blanket on the bed was stained with an unidentified liquid. The balcony was filthy and had a big pool of water. The door to the balcony had some scum that you couldn't see through. The clock radio came on in the middle of the night. The tub in the shower did not drain, it was nearly full when I finished taking a shower. Never in my life will I stay at this hotel. The only positive thing I can say is that the guy at the desk was really nice.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I assure that all of your concerns will be addressed with our entire staff in order to avoid future issues with any of our guests. We are currently working very closely with our ownership in order to renovate our rooms and offer our guests the atmosphere they have come to expect at a Courtyard. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I actually stayed here a little over a year and a half ago and found it to be average. I stayed again and they renovated the lobby but the rooms have still not been touched! I actually had a worm on the roof of my room. Probably because I was on the first floor.
Other than that, the room was very comfortable. Great bed, TV and everything else was clean.

One thing that is very strange and unprofessional is that none of the employees I saw were wearing name-tags. I remember when I was here last time it was the same thing! I do not know why on earth that is? That is a MARRIOTT POLICY and is not being followed! Especially the Front Desk Agents!

Another false advertisement I noticed was about the bistro they have. They say that offer starbucks coffee drinks 24 hours a day. When I went at 9am they said "Were closed and can't get anything!".

Everything else was fine but I feel that management really needs to tighten up with the staff and require them to where name-tags because if a Marriott inspector sees what I saw they will not be happy!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Carlos P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will share your comments with our entire staff in order to make each and every future guest experience the best it can be. Please accept my apologies for the service failures you experienced during your stay as we definitely strive to keep our standards up to both our guests and our own expectations. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

There's a Latino music bar across the street with super loud music and the windows of the Hotel are not sound proof. After asking to move to a room far away from the music they told me to wait since the music normally stop at 11;30pm. I had to check out at 2:00am in the morning in order to get some sleep and cancel my 3 day stay there, but guess what even though I told them since the beginning that the music was loud and they knew it, they charge me for the night, no matter I'm a gold rewards member with more than 50 nights per year for the last 3 years. If they know they have a loud bar across the street they should at least upgrade the windows and make them sound proof. The reason to get a Hotel is to be able to sleep! If you're planning to stay here ask for a room away from the street

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room away from the Latino bar across the street, or if you want to...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carlos P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We take all our guest comments seriously and always strive to improve our service and product. Please accept my apologies for the noise levels you endured during your stay. Unfortunately we are unable to control the noise levels produced by our surrounding businesses however we strive to accommodate our guests in any way we can. Our rooms are equipped with insulated windows however I can certainly understand how the vibrations from our neighbors can be distracting and uncomfortable. We certainly hope that you will offer us the opportunity to fulfill your lodging needs the next time you are in our area.

Providenciales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Attended a conference at the hotel and found the entire staff is extremely efficient and helpful. Some of the best I have seen and surpassed many 5 star hotels. Quiet and bed very comfortable and clean. Special thanks to energetic and very competent Marianna, who also did an excellent job of managing the conference event.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will share your wonderful comments with Mariana and our entire staff in order to make each and every future guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral? Share your experiences!