“A little better but still kinda the same” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #86 of 130 hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“A little better but still kinda the same”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I actually stayed here a little over a year and a half ago and found it to be average. I stayed again and they renovated the lobby but the rooms have still not been touched! I actually had a worm on the roof of my room. Probably because I was on the first floor.
Other than that, the room was very comfortable. Great bed, TV and everything else was clean.

One thing that is very strange and unprofessional is that none of the employees I saw were wearing name-tags. I remember when I was here last time it was the same thing! I do not know why on earth that is? That is a MARRIOTT POLICY and is not being followed! Especially the Front Desk Agents!

Another false advertisement I noticed was about the bistro they have. They say that offer starbucks coffee drinks 24 hours a day. When I went at 9am they said "Were closed and can't get anything!".

Everything else was fine but I feel that management really needs to tighten up with the staff and require them to where name-tags because if a Marriott inspector sees what I saw they will not be happy!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Carlos P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will share your comments with our entire staff in order to make each and every future guest experience the best it can be. Please accept my apologies for the service failures you experienced during your stay as we definitely strive to keep our standards up to both our guests and our own expectations. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

There's a Latino music bar across the street with super loud music and the windows of the Hotel are not sound proof. After asking to move to a room far away from the music they told me to wait since the music normally stop at 11;30pm. I had to check out at 2:00am in the morning in order to get some sleep and cancel my 3 day stay there, but guess what even though I told them since the beginning that the music was loud and they knew it, they charge me for the night, no matter I'm a gold rewards member with more than 50 nights per year for the last 3 years. If they know they have a loud bar across the street they should at least upgrade the windows and make them sound proof. The reason to get a Hotel is to be able to sleep! If you're planning to stay here ask for a room away from the street

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room away from the Latino bar across the street, or if you want to...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carlos P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We take all our guest comments seriously and always strive to improve our service and product. Please accept my apologies for the noise levels you endured during your stay. Unfortunately we are unable to control the noise levels produced by our surrounding businesses however we strive to accommodate our guests in any way we can. Our rooms are equipped with insulated windows however I can certainly understand how the vibrations from our neighbors can be distracting and uncomfortable. We certainly hope that you will offer us the opportunity to fulfill your lodging needs the next time you are in our area.

Providenciales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Attended a conference at the hotel and found the entire staff is extremely efficient and helpful. Some of the best I have seen and surpassed many 5 star hotels. Quiet and bed very comfortable and clean. Special thanks to energetic and very competent Marianna, who also did an excellent job of managing the conference event.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will share your wonderful comments with Mariana and our entire staff in order to make each and every future guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed with a group of friends for the Miami Carnival weekend and it was in a great location of the turnpike....the hotel was very clean as well as the rooms.

The area for breakfast and dinner is small, but the meals are prepared very well and tasty....

Reception area and people are very helpful.

You definitly need a vehicle if staying at this hotel to move around comfortably, but don't worry as the parking is free :)....wireless internet as well.

A sure stay next time if not looking for the hustle of miami

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Carlos P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will share your wonderful comments with our entire staff in order to make each and every future guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel twice, once going to the Dominican Republic and once on the return. Overall, the rooms themselves and the staff were very good. The staff was helpful in suggesting restaurants and went so far as to write down in Spanish their favorite Cuban dishes. Both at chech-in and check out they were smiling and personable. I would return just to get a chance to talk to them.
The downsides were: a noisy room where you could hear talking, etc. from the room next door, noisy A/C and a shuttle that was slow on airport pick ups. For the last pick up, we were told the shuttle would be there in about 30 minutes, it arrived an hour and three calls to the hotel later. The morning shuttle was on time. There were different drivers in the morning and afternoon/evening.

Room Tip: The airport shuttle runs on a 45 minute (More or less) schedule. Plan accordingly.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlos P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We take all our guest comments seriously and always strive to improve our service and product. Please accept my apologies for the noise level you endured and the transportation delays you experienced during your stay. We constantly maintain our vans on a set schedule however due to the traffic flow in our area there are various times throughout the day where we encounter delays. We certainly hope that you will offer us the opportunity to fulfill your lodging needs the next time you are in our area.

Regards,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

It may be I'm a very good location for getting around. But the service here is just unacceptable. I asked for tp and towels at the front desk on two separate occasions only to have the staff housekeeping staff yelled at I'm front of me. It wasn't their fault o just wanted some extra towels! I tried to eat breakfast at their newly remodeled' cafe bar thing and waited in line behind two people for 15 minutes only to then be told they were out of what o wanted. The people who work at the cafe are the most polite and helpful but they are terribly, terribly understaffed. I got half of my breakfast today,asked for a refund on the portion I did not receive and have been waiting for a manager to appear for about 15 minutes now. Stay at the Hyatt down the road in dorsal you'll be happy you did. PS: the workout room sucks and the pool chairs are of s poor quality. Oh and there are pizza places in the area that come into the hotel and shove incessant amounts of menus under your door, the hotel said they fixed this issue since the last time we stayed here, definitely not.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We take all our guest comments seriously and always strive to improve our service and product. On behalf of myself and our entire team please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced throughout your stay. If there is ever anything my team or I may be of assistance to you in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

Johnston, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The room was clean and updated and the bedding was very comfortable. The lobby was new and looked very sharp and modern. The food in the restaurant was great! The pool was very nice and each room had a balcony, many that overlooked the pool courtyard. The hotel shuttle would take you anywhere within about 5 miles include stores, restaurants, etc. It was very handy since we didn't have a car! The only thing that I can say I didn't like was the airplane noise since the hotel at the end of one of the runways.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will share your comments with our entire staff in order to make each and every future guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral? Share your experiences!