“Good enough” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel

You added Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3959 NW 79th Avenue, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #68 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Good enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I had do find a close place to the airport to spend one night because I had to catch a flight the next day and I found it a nice place. As far as I can remember we spent like 20 dollars the taxi ride. The breakfast was good but there were many people there and some had to eat standing because there was no place enough for everyone to seat. There was a free shuttle to the airport, we just paid a tip to the driver. I don't have many things to say because it was only a night and I was so tired, but there was no bad things I can remember. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CeresBaer

Salta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is an average airport hotel. Slightly overpriced as most hotels around Miami airport. It is a 10min drive away from the airport in Doral FL. My room was clean and tidy with the required equipment. Personnel were very friendly and helpful. The hotel offers a free pick-up from and transfer to the airport. The breakfast buffet is really good for an average motel, including eggs and burgers. Free Wi-Fi is available. All in all, an OK option if you need to stay around MIA.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
lansing
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Great hotel to stay right before your cruise. The Cruise package includes parking while you are gone, shuttle to the port, and a room. If not parking this hotel does have a shuttle from the airport. Awesome internet service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Costa Rica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I had to saty here for an overnight between flights in Miami. It was a bad experience. The hotel seems very basic with most of the rooms facing a expressway or internal streets. The breakfast is very peculiar, particularly the eggs they offer. And the most important point, the free wifi internet is very very very bad. You cannot get anything done because it fails every 5 minutes. I am not staying here again.

Room Tip: If you HAVE to stay here, ask for rooms in the third floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Decided to stay here because of the cruise package offer. Let me say that it is not worth it!!! So waited at Miami international airport for 45 minutes, called multiple times to ask where shuttle was and phone would just ring. Was originally promised a 15 min wait. It's after 11pm, very long day and finally get into the room 2nd fl. First it's an exterior door and pizza ads were slid under the door. Next I do the "hotel check" (thanks hotel impossible)!! Anyways this room was beyond gross. The bathroom was coated in nasty funk, there was a hair sitting in the toilet, there was dust and grime on toilet seat. Would NOT take a shower in there!!! Moving to the bed, there was a blood stain on the sheets, multiple hairs, multiple stains on sheets and pillow. Flat out smells gross and musty. More issues than I can list. Told the front desk guy came to room and apologized and offered to switch room. Moved us to 3rd fl. This room was gross too!!! The sink is backed up and again hairs in bed. I am literally sitting in this room writing this review at midnight looking for other hotels. Will never stay here again!!!!! BTW....purchsed two
waters from lobby and I tried to pay in cash. The boy refused my cash said he didnt havr change for a 20 the water was $5 for 2 bottles. Said would add to bill, but then when i requested copy of bill he refused!!! i am the guest and i want to see what you are charging me, give me a copy of my darn bill!!! When I came down to complain about the room another guest was buying
their darn water with cash!!!!
Long story short, this place is disgusting and the staff is lazy and not accommodating! Do not stay here!!!! It's not worth the $150/night!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Amanda M
doralhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at the Quality Inn Miami Airport.

On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I would like to speak with you. Please call me (305)599-5200 Ext 700 or send me an email to Jessica.mendez@baywoodhotels.com with your contact information. This types of comments I take very seriously, so its urgent that I speak with you.

Jessica Mendez
Mount Airy, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I only stayed at this hotel for one night because I was getting on a Carnival cruise the next day and flew in the night before. First sign we were going to have a bad stay was it took almost an hour to get the airport shuttle to pick us up. The driver would not help us with our bags, even when we arrived at the hotel! He just opened the back door and let everybody get their bags out. The second problem was with our room. The first room they gave us was already occupied by people, and we had a key to get into their room. Thank goodness they were not there when we went in. A serious lack of security! The second room we got stunk really bad of sour dirty mop smell! It was so gross we could not stay in the room longer than a minute. The third, and final room we got was fine. All this running back and forth from room to room took over an hour and the front desk clerk was very rude. The hotel itself is very dirty and run down looking. The room was good for a quick night's sleep but would not spend more than a day there. The free breakfast in the morning was packed with people in a very small room. We ended up taking our food back to our room because there was nowhere to sit and eat. There really wasn't much to chose from on the breakfast bar and no staff were monitoring it. There was food all over the floor and empty trays and hot containers. It was really a free for all and looked like a bad food fight just happened. You have to get there very early in the morning to get anything decent to eat. Your best bet is to avoid this hotel and go another hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank IrishKellyGal
doralhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Quality Inn Miami Airport.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding everything on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the hotel staff.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Miami.
Rendon, Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Other than a long wait for the shuttle, this hotel met our objective. The room was fairly comfortable. The price was in the range we budgeted. There are several eateries within walking distance, however we chose to have Chinese cuisine delivered. The hotel offers transportation to the cruise terminal via an outside service for $5 pp. A full sized bus picked us up on time and delivered us to the terminal..we never touched our luggage until it hit our stateroom on the ship. Breakfast in the morning was the usual fare..with choices of eggs, ham, cereal, bread, rolls, and buns. Coffee was very good.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your time and valuable feedback.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding airport pick up on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the hotel drive and we are currently working on a different system to avoid the long waits at the airport.

We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with great service and accommodations on your next visit to Miami.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites
New Yorker Boutique Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon
Holiday Inn Miami West - Hialeah Gardens

Been to Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!