“Great Stay and Park Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel

You added Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3959 NW 79th Avenue, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #82 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Concord, North Carolina
“Great Stay and Park Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Quality Inn Miami Airport was a very good hotel. Clean rooms, great breakfast. We took the stay and cruise package which allowed us to park our car at the hotel at no charge for the 11 days we were gone. The area is fenced in so we felt very secure leaving our car there. The hot breakfast was good. The front desk and all employees we encountered were friendly and helpful. Within walking distance of the hotel are several restaurants and fast food places.

We did not hear the airplanes at all. We took the free shuttle to the cruise dock. Returning from the cruise dock to the hotel, you do have to get your own transportation and cabs are suggested. We took a cab on the return trip and paid $40 including tip. The stay at the hotel was only $99 plus tax. We saved a lot doing it this way. Had we parked our car at the cruise dock parking garage it would have cost us $20 per day plus we still would have had to find a hotel for one night.

All in all we would definitely go back to this Quality Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
doralhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon! Sincerely, Jessica Mendez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
Exeter, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed here on the evening of the 27th Oct 2013. I thought I had booked an Inn like a premier Inn?! When we arrived we seemed to go into a back street trading estate the neighbourhood looked awful. We all felt uneasy when we got out of the car - uneasy enough for my husband for forego a smoke break!! We booked in and dragged our cases up through a motel style hotel... The room was damp, full of mould, dirty and just awful.. however we knew we were staying there for about 7 hours so put up with it! I had not been in the room 10 mins before I got a call from a guy who said he was the manager and they needed my card details because the computer had gone down? I was tired the kids were crying and I refused saying I had just booked in and already paid. I hung up. He then called again insisting I gave my card details or he would have to get security to call to the room?? By this time I was upset and tired. I was really abrupt and said I was coming to reception and he said if you do that you will wait in line with 30 other people? I then hung up and I went to reception.. to clear the matter up - They knew nothing about it... The girl assured me I should not give anyone any details payment had been made and everything was fine. However, I looked around the reception and saw a guy sat down at another computer and he matched the voice I had heard on the phone! Not wanting to cause a scene I went back to the room but really felt scared walking back! When I got back we double locked the door and then didn't sleep at all. Avoid this hotel someone is either sharing information or hanging around outside watching people arriving!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. Also, the safety and privacy of our guests is our top priority. The Front Desk staff is requiring that incoming callers correctly identify the last name of a registered guest before being transferring to a guest room. Now, the scammers could call rooms without going through the Front Desk switchboard. You did the correct thing by coming down to the front desk. We will never require additional billing information over the phone. Just for your information this is happening all over the place not just here.
San Fernando, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I would like to thank the entire staff for the assistance given to my husband and myself during our stay. My husband fell ill and the manager and her staff did all that was possible to assist us. Thanks to Jessica,Fatima, Betyleidis, Gerlin, Abby, Jose, Kevin and Cesar. Your caring helped us through a difficult time.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Horrible conditions- mold everywhere and construction in every hallway. absolutely terrible. I had mold in my shower, sink and ceiling above the bed
The elevator was very unstable and broke during our stay.
The neighborhood is also not safe

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cairo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

It's a good motel.... Clean beds and bathrooms, nothing fancy but was convenient for the price.
I don't recommend the hotel for families as the rooms are very small and not kids friendly at all, close to the airport and to my number one breakfast restaurant "IHOP"

Room Tip: Make sure the rooms are not over viewing the pool.... They r toooooo close
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We're been staying at this hotel for over 12 years, when we started going it was a Fairfield Inn by Marriott. It changed hands a few back to Quality Inn (not sure what the quality bit stands for), and now it just keeps on going down hill. Dispite 3 phone calls for a ground floor room we turned up to find a very unhelpful receptionist who basically said tough luck and didnt seem that bothered as to if she served us or chatted to her co-worker as she handed us our 2nd floor room key. The room was basic and be advised to take carpet slips to avoid carrying the dirt from the carpet back onto the street!. Breakfast was like a stampeade for the straving and not worth the rush when you got to see what was on offer.
All in all a hotel with bad service, dull rooms and dreary breakfast offerings.
Bring back the Fairfield staff it was so much better and a lot cheaper..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
doralhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank for staying at the Quality Inn Miami Airport.
Please accept our sincere apologies regarding your stay; we are very disappointed that you fill that way about this hotel after 12 years of coming to stay with us. We work very hard to make sure our guest is comfortable and satisfy with their stay. I would like to hear more about your experiences so I ask for you to call me directly or send me an email at Jessica.mendez@baywoodhotels.com as it is most useful in our pursuit in customer satisfaction. Thank you for taking the time to write a comment as it allows us to make improvements.
Jessica Mendez
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Don't let the pictures deceive you this is nothing more than a motel 6 our room was very small and smelt extremely musty like a room that was closed up for years with no fresh air and you can't open the windows for fresh air
The laundry facility was also out of order

• Stayed September 2013
doralhotelgm, Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I shared your complaint with the housekeeping and maintenance staff. We are currently working with an outside company that does carpet and A.C cleaning to prevent the same experience you have gone through.

Jessica Mendez

Been to Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!