“Things at fault...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3959 NW 79th Avenue, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #84 of 130 hotels in Miami
Lisbon, Portugal
“Things at fault...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

It has spacious rooms, despite the fact that the room for breakfast not enough for so many guests. 3 days (2+1) we were there, because then we would go for a cruise, so for a stay of only 3 nights it was reasonable. Staff was very nice with the exception of what happened on the disappearance of 5 pieces of my husband’s clothing, good an very expensive clothing (3 pairs of trousers, 2 very expensive, a long sleeve silk shirt, and another short sleeve, plus another pair of trousers ( sportive Type) all in European style, that have disappeared from the inside of the room.
I reported the issue at the front desk to the receptionist, and then without me knowing who was the person next to her who was also listening to my displeasure, it was the Manager, listening, and didn’t make un effort to enter the conversation in order to find out how the clothing have disappeared, nor to apologize for what happened, or for our loss.

Room Tip: Never room 327 because its near a vender ICE machine that makes a lot of noise all night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
romulovallejo, Regional Vice-President of Operations at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. First of all, your perception is our reality. I read with concern about the incident you report related to your personal items being lost while staying at our property.

At our hotel we take pride on having a safe environment for our guests and their belongings. We also take pride about our staff and management team taking care of our guests concerns with a professional and caring attitude.

We regret your experience and will do all possible to use your feedback for improving our guests satisfaction in the future.

Again thanks for your feedback.

337 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

American Airlines gave me a voucher for this hotel after their system failure caused me to stay overnight in Miami. I mostly want to mention that the front desk staff did a very good job of processing people quickly and courteously as they arrived in waves from taxis and the shuttle. Our room was adequate for our requirements. Most importantly, it was clean. There is a complimentary breakfast service, but no restaurant. Rooms have a microwave and one can purchase frozen dinners, among other things, next to the front desk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
doralhotelgm, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Good afternnoon i would like to thank you for your comments and I understand that you may have had an uncomforrtable day due to the airlines and feel apreciated that our staff was able to help you receive your room in a correct and quick manner. thank you for your comments.
Great Lakes, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was our 2nd stay withnthis property. The staff were all very friendly, specially the hotel manager who help made our reservation.
Complimentary breakfast is serving hot & w/ choices.
The room is clean but a little bit out dated.
There is a out door pool to cool you down.
For those light sleeper, the airplanes fly over your head regularly. It located near the end of runway.
We will stay here again when in Miami.
Special thanks to Jessica.

Room Tip: 1st floor room may a little bit less noise from airplanes passing by over your head.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
doralhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Your welcome! Please visit us again soon and thank you for taking the time to write a review.
San Fernando, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel for the past 10 years - before it was the Fairfield Inn. We return here because of the excellent service, affordable rates and good location. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff pleasant and very accommodating. the Manager is always willing to assist in making her guests as comfortable as possible.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor are easier for the not so young traveller.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
doralhotelgm, Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for letting us be your #1 choice. We are always happy to have you stay with us.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Good deal for the money. After tax, under $180 for room, breakfast, free ONE-WAY port shuttle, and 7 days' parking, but room was not very clean looking or smelling.

Paint on the entry door was peeling off in sheets from top to bottom. Bathroom looked wiped down but not deep cleaned. Airplanes flew VERY low and LITERALLY EVERY 3-5 MINUTES between the hous of 7:00 am and 11:00 pm. Was NOT as close to port or airport as ideal (about 20 mins). Cost $40 to get back to car.

BUT compared to other options, was the best deal for the money. Others were better accommodations (rooms) but WAY more expensive. Couldn't part with more money than we did for just one night.

• Stayed April 2013
We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your room. We have addressed the issue with the housekeeping department. Thank you for taking the time to post a comment as it is most helpful for improvements.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights for business related purposes. i was checked in by Fatima who is actually very welcoming, friendly and informative. Not only did she provide me with room at such an early time of day, but it was CLEAN & NOT NOISY! I travel alot and have such terrible experience not getting a room at an early check in time, but here it was no hassle here. The room was super clean, the housekeeping staff are very friendly. One of the mornings at breakfast, Jessica the manager greeted me and asked how was my stay. It felt nice. I am away from home time to time and having someone greet me and ask me how was my morning felt like I wasn't far. The breakfast lady made me a waffle and handed it me with a smile. I am advising my colleagues to stay here for our next meeting. For the amount that i paid my stay was very pleasant, It is not a luxury 5 Star hotel but the employees SURE ARE!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
doralhotelgm, Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future. We really appreciate you taking the time to post a comment. Thank You.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Okay, if you just need to stay for a night. Beyond that, look elsewhere. The rooms are dark and feel dirty, mainly from the carpet. I don't think they are as dirty as they feel.

If you have to go to the airport by the free shuttle, beware. The day we checked in we were told we did not need to make a reservation. The next morning we learn that we were not on the reservation list and that we would have to wait another hour or we could take a taxi.

Usually when I pay $185/night for a hotel I have much better service and better rooms. Unfortunately our stay was less than stellar. But at their request I am rating them on this site.

They did call a sister hotel to get an additional shuttle. They say one will come in time for our flight. I have very low confidence at this point...

• Stayed March 2013
Sorry for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the shuttle and the room. We are currently working on carpet cleaning. We have a company that comes three times a month to maintain the cleanness of the carpet but as you know the hotel is always busy with people coming in and out so the carpets will get dirty especially having exterior corridor rooms. We really appreciate your feedback as it is most useful and allow us to make improvements. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you give us another opportunity to show you we offer an affordable clean and comfortable rooms.

Been to Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!