“GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel

You added Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3959 NW 79th Avenue, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #82 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Tampa, Florida
“GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights for business related purposes. i was checked in by Fatima who is actually very welcoming, friendly and informative. Not only did she provide me with room at such an early time of day, but it was CLEAN & NOT NOISY! I travel alot and have such terrible experience not getting a room at an early check in time, but here it was no hassle here. The room was super clean, the housekeeping staff are very friendly. One of the mornings at breakfast, Jessica the manager greeted me and asked how was my stay. It felt nice. I am away from home time to time and having someone greet me and ask me how was my morning felt like I wasn't far. The breakfast lady made me a waffle and handed it me with a smile. I am advising my colleagues to stay here for our next meeting. For the amount that i paid my stay was very pleasant, It is not a luxury 5 Star hotel but the employees SURE ARE!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
doralhotelgm, Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future. We really appreciate you taking the time to post a comment. Thank You.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Okay, if you just need to stay for a night. Beyond that, look elsewhere. The rooms are dark and feel dirty, mainly from the carpet. I don't think they are as dirty as they feel.

If you have to go to the airport by the free shuttle, beware. The day we checked in we were told we did not need to make a reservation. The next morning we learn that we were not on the reservation list and that we would have to wait another hour or we could take a taxi.

Usually when I pay $185/night for a hotel I have much better service and better rooms. Unfortunately our stay was less than stellar. But at their request I am rating them on this site.

They did call a sister hotel to get an additional shuttle. They say one will come in time for our flight. I have very low confidence at this point...

• Stayed March 2013
Sorry for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the shuttle and the room. We are currently working on carpet cleaning. We have a company that comes three times a month to maintain the cleanness of the carpet but as you know the hotel is always busy with people coming in and out so the carpets will get dirty especially having exterior corridor rooms. We really appreciate your feedback as it is most useful and allow us to make improvements. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you give us another opportunity to show you we offer an affordable clean and comfortable rooms.
Cambridge, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel the two nights before our cruise. The hotel is in a great location but is a bit dated and at first I wasn't super impressed and then I remembered that the price was outstanding and it had all of the required amenities (wifi, breakfast, pool and beds.....oh and a free shuttle and parking for the week all for around $150 per night. WOW! After looking at that you might wonder why I didn't give it 4 stars. Well, there were a few minor things that bothered us. We were not bothered by the planes flying over as this is aptly named an "airport" hotel, meaning that it is close to the airport, so we expected that. I'm not sure what some of the other reviewers were expecting there. The issues we had were around the few unsavoury characters booked into the hotel during our stay (not the hotels fault how would they know their guests would get drunk and rowdy?). One early morning we had a woman screaming obscenities below our window and the hotel did what they could. They asked her to stop and then, when she didn't, they called the police. (5 cruisers came and took her away). The other thing that rubbed me the wrong way was at the breakfast....the food was good the seating area was suitable and clean, but they cut the breakfast link sausages into small rounds in an attempt to make them go further. That felt a bit cheap to us. The other morning was ham, which I haven't seen at a hotel breakfast in North America before and it was a nice change from the sausage biscuit thing. A heated pool would have been nice as well. I also would suggest to the hotel that placing a gigantic sign on the window of my truck that advertises when I'm retuning from the cruise might be better changed to a numbered spot, front desk registration instead. It made us a little nervous about break-ins while we were away. As it turned out the hotel parking lot was well protected by security and most of the spots are near the front door of the hotel making it secure. Overall this hotel was great and we would stay there again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
doralhotelgm, Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
We apologize for the night of the screaming person. We don't understand what happen or who she was but we are glad to hear that you understand that the hotels is not at fault for what happen. I have addressed your concerns about the cut up sausage and we are going to make some changes. The parking decal that you put in the car is for every guest that registers so we are able to keep control of whom and how many cars we have parked in our parking lot. We just started with this program so maybe you seen some cars without it. Furthermore, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon. Thank you very much for taking the time to post a comment.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights for part of my vacation not knowing anything about the area. At check-in, I was greeted by Jose and Abby who were very welcoming and gave me useful information about the area and how to get around easily. The room was super clean, the housekeeping staff was nice and friendly and I happen to meet both managers and I must say they were nice respectful people. Reading other reviews on here made me want to add that this isn't a Luxury hotel and sometimes people expect a little much more than what they're paying for, everyone has different experiences and mine happens to be a really pleasant one.

• Stayed February 2013
doralhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
We are very pleased to here that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future. We really appreciate you taking the time to post a comment.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night post-cruise. Room was very clean, staff was super nice. It was within walking distance to a few good restaurants. The only negative was that our room was a fair distance from the lobby, which made the WIFI spotty at best.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and we are very pleased to here you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again.
Delray Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel was fine, clean. we were staying there for only 6 hours en route to a trip to CA. I chose this hotel because they advertized free shuttle to airport, what they neglected to say was that the shuttle leaves once an hour, on the hour. They also did not tell us it was necessary to call to be picked up, our reservation said that they would circle the airport every 20 minutes. ( LUCKILY, AFTER WAITING 45 MINUTES (I TRIED CALLING THE TELEPHONE NUMBER ON MY CONFIRMATION WHICH WAS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE TO LEAVE A MESSAGE),another couple came along and were able to get the local phone number from their confirmation. we were picked up promptly after that. The shuttle driver said they NEVER circle. This mis-information caused anxiety and a long wait after a long flight. Also, I chose this hotel because they have complimentary breakfast. i am diabetic and must eat before leaving food to chance at the aiport. Guess what?, dining room opens at same time shuttle leaves! I was allowed a few minutes to fortify myself with cereal.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask questions and get a local contact number!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sorry for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the shuttle hours. We are currently working on the problem. We really appreciate your feedback as it is most useful and allow us to make improvements. Thank you for staying with and I hope you give us another opportunity.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had to travel to Miami on business. I was there for 3 days. I was supposed to stay at another hotel which really messed up my reservation at which point I decided to look for another place to stay. I found this Quality Inn and to be honest my expectations were pretty low since I read some of the reviews and I usually do not stay at these types of hotels but it was last minute and it close to the airport. From the moment I got to the front desk I was greeted by a very nice young lady I believe her name was Abby. I explained I needed a room and vented about my situation with the prior hotel. She was very kind and actually listened. She accommodated me very quickly. Lobby was very nice and clean. Room was clean and comfortable. It actually had a mini fridge and microwave in the room which was a plus for me. At check out I asked to speak with the manager because I wanted to let her know that she exceeded my expectIons and thanked her for having great staff. After speaking with her she actually went ahead and checked me out with no hassle or waiting. Every thing went smooth the staff was very kind and helpful I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
doralhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We are so glad to hear that your stay with us was great. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks for taking the time to post a comment.

Been to Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!