“Ads were misleading about shuttle to airport” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3959 NW 79th Avenue, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #85 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Delray Beach, Florida
“Ads were misleading about shuttle to airport”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel was fine, clean. we were staying there for only 6 hours en route to a trip to CA. I chose this hotel because they advertized free shuttle to airport, what they neglected to say was that the shuttle leaves once an hour, on the hour. They also did not tell us it was necessary to call to be picked up, our reservation said that they would circle the airport every 20 minutes. ( LUCKILY, AFTER WAITING 45 MINUTES (I TRIED CALLING THE TELEPHONE NUMBER ON MY CONFIRMATION WHICH WAS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE TO LEAVE A MESSAGE),another couple came along and were able to get the local phone number from their confirmation. we were picked up promptly after that. The shuttle driver said they NEVER circle. This mis-information caused anxiety and a long wait after a long flight. Also, I chose this hotel because they have complimentary breakfast. i am diabetic and must eat before leaving food to chance at the aiport. Guess what?, dining room opens at same time shuttle leaves! I was allowed a few minutes to fortify myself with cereal.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask questions and get a local contact number!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
doralhotelgm, Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Sorry for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the shuttle hours. We are currently working on the problem. We really appreciate your feedback as it is most useful and allow us to make improvements. Thank you for staying with and I hope you give us another opportunity.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had to travel to Miami on business. I was there for 3 days. I was supposed to stay at another hotel which really messed up my reservation at which point I decided to look for another place to stay. I found this Quality Inn and to be honest my expectations were pretty low since I read some of the reviews and I usually do not stay at these types of hotels but it was last minute and it close to the airport. From the moment I got to the front desk I was greeted by a very nice young lady I believe her name was Abby. I explained I needed a room and vented about my situation with the prior hotel. She was very kind and actually listened. She accommodated me very quickly. Lobby was very nice and clean. Room was clean and comfortable. It actually had a mini fridge and microwave in the room which was a plus for me. At check out I asked to speak with the manager because I wanted to let her know that she exceeded my expectIons and thanked her for having great staff. After speaking with her she actually went ahead and checked me out with no hassle or waiting. Every thing went smooth the staff was very kind and helpful I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
doralhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We are so glad to hear that your stay with us was great. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks for taking the time to post a comment.
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My flight from Miami to New Orleans was cancelled. I therefore needed a hotel to stay in overnight. The Quality Inn has a free bus service, so this was quite a reasonable option. The following day flights were cancelled to New Orleans for a few days, so i headed for the beach as I wouldn't have liked to have stayed at Quality Inn for an extended period.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
We really appreciate your feedback as it is most useful in our pursuit of total guest satisfaction.
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel after receiving a $99 voucher from American Airllines after they caused us to miss our flight by changing the gate number and not informing us. We waited outside the terminal for the shuttle for over an hour. By the time the ONE shuttle showed up, there was not enough room for everyone to fit. Fortunately, we were able to get a seat. The van driver, a Hispanic man in his late 40's to early 50's was extremely rude and obviously a disgruntled worker. We advised him that we had been waiting over an hour. His response was, "You're a liar!" He then waived his hand and said that the conversation was over. Upon arriving at the hotel, the smell of stale air hit me right away and I immediately noticed large stains of what appeared to be chocolate on the white tile floor. We were assigned room 305. Hair was found in the tub and the bathroom sink before we even used it. The toilet was clearly dirty, as was the carpet. The next morning I went to the lobby to use the computer in their "business station". There were two used cups of coffee and a half full soda bottle next to the the computer. Now granted, some people are pigs and leaving these things behind is selfish on behalf of those that did so. But the hotel still has the responsibility to clean up these things! Obviously no one had done so in quite some time. I doubt if the same person left two half cups of coffee and one soda bottle next to the computer. As I checked out the next morning, the same nasty chocolate stains remained on the floor, just waiting for someone to slip and break their neck. I have a feeling that this hotel is used as a long term placement facility for welfare recipients or homeless clients.

American Airlines needs to be more careful who make voucher agreements with. Its funny, that I didn't notice a single flight attendant or pilot at the property, yet they will provide vouchers for their customers to stay there.

My suggestion is that you pay a few dollars more and stay someplace safe where you can get a good night's sleep. This place is not it. Full of "yuck" and "ilk". I wanted to boil myself in water after leaving there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
doralhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
At the Quality Inn we take pride in ensuring our guest satisfaction. We understand the frustration you experienced when your flight was canceled and hope you had a more enjoyable flight home. We are deeply sorry about the condition of the lobby and the rooms but I can assure you that we do offer nice clean and comfortable rooms for our guest. We have addressed the issue with the housekeeping, driver and front desk.
Rapid City, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at this Quality Inn about 2 weeks ago and booked the park sleep & cruise package. Was greeted by Fatima at the reception. She was really helpful and managed to inform me with all the hotel amenities. She signed me and my husband up for the cruise transfer the next day. Very nice. We were giving room 149. The room was okay, very basic had a microwave, coffee maker, & refrigerator. Beds were nice, pillows were comfortable. My only concern was that the rooms were outside entrance and also about the noise from the airplanes from above. But i made sure the door was secure from the outside and plane noise wasn't really that bad inside the room. In the morning, breakfast was okay, very basic coffee donuts waffles boiled eggs etc etc Breakfast lady was very kind. it was not bad. & check out was fast. People have to know this, This hotel is not a 5 star hotel, so don't expect it to be. Its very basic, hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. At 1st before booking the hotel i was a little hesitate due to all the bad reviews. But actually experiencing it for yourself is not as bad as people make it seem. This hotel is average, and away from the crazy people like in south beach. It was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a comment as it is most useful in our pursuit of total guest satisfaction.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Hey there interested guests of this hotel! I have a couple of questions for you that will adequately describe the 'experience' of our stay here:

Do you get thrilled over feeling as though you are sleeping on an active airport runway?
Do you like to sleep with earplugs?
Do you get your jollies from hotel staff who treat you like an annoyance instead of a guest?
Do you giggle over the idea of staying in a total dump?
Do you relish in the idea of weirdos, drunks and small unidentified children knocking on your door, trying to enter your room, and calling your room at all hours of the night?

BUT WAIT! there's MORE!! Act now and you TOO can almost miss your flight because the airport shuttle doesn't show up!

If you've answered "Oh my YES!-SIGN ME UP" to ANY of the above questions then RUN RUN very fast to this hotel!!! but if you are like me and do not delight in any of the above unforseen experiences then RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN- DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL! I absolutely hated this hotel. Do yourself a favor and sleep in the airport-we should have!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
doralhotelgm, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I would like to apologize for you having to experience those type of situation while staying with us, i could see in your words that you were very frustrated and upset.the noise could at sometimes be loud do to many airplanes passing close by the hotel and unfortunately kids running at night or calls coming directly towards your room are situations that sometimes are hard to realize or approach even though it creates an irritation. I do apreciate your comments and apologize once agin for your bad experience.
Thanks,
Kevin Estrada
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The location is very close to Miami Intl. Airport. Clean and the employees are very helpfull. They have a reasonable parking lot that is exclusive for guests, where you can access by using your card key. The room is standard, not luxury. But it's confortable, quiet,anad cozy. I really had a good experience over there. Probably, I'll back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!