“Not as bad as people make it seem..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel

You added Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3959 NW 79th Avenue, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #81 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Not as bad as people make it seem..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at this Quality Inn about 2 weeks ago and booked the park sleep & cruise package. Was greeted by Fatima at the reception. She was really helpful and managed to inform me with all the hotel amenities. She signed me and my husband up for the cruise transfer the next day. Very nice. We were giving room 149. The room was okay, very basic had a microwave, coffee maker, & refrigerator. Beds were nice, pillows were comfortable. My only concern was that the rooms were outside entrance and also about the noise from the airplanes from above. But i made sure the door was secure from the outside and plane noise wasn't really that bad inside the room. In the morning, breakfast was okay, very basic coffee donuts waffles boiled eggs etc etc Breakfast lady was very kind. it was not bad. & check out was fast. People have to know this, This hotel is not a 5 star hotel, so don't expect it to be. Its very basic, hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. At 1st before booking the hotel i was a little hesitate due to all the bad reviews. But actually experiencing it for yourself is not as bad as people make it seem. This hotel is average, and away from the crazy people like in south beach. It was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
doralhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a comment as it is most useful in our pursuit of total guest satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Hey there interested guests of this hotel! I have a couple of questions for you that will adequately describe the 'experience' of our stay here:

Do you get thrilled over feeling as though you are sleeping on an active airport runway?
Do you like to sleep with earplugs?
Do you get your jollies from hotel staff who treat you like an annoyance instead of a guest?
Do you giggle over the idea of staying in a total dump?
Do you relish in the idea of weirdos, drunks and small unidentified children knocking on your door, trying to enter your room, and calling your room at all hours of the night?

BUT WAIT! there's MORE!! Act now and you TOO can almost miss your flight because the airport shuttle doesn't show up!

If you've answered "Oh my YES!-SIGN ME UP" to ANY of the above questions then RUN RUN very fast to this hotel!!! but if you are like me and do not delight in any of the above unforseen experiences then RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN- DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL! I absolutely hated this hotel. Do yourself a favor and sleep in the airport-we should have!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
doralhotelgm, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I would like to apologize for you having to experience those type of situation while staying with us, i could see in your words that you were very frustrated and upset.the noise could at sometimes be loud do to many airplanes passing close by the hotel and unfortunately kids running at night or calls coming directly towards your room are situations that sometimes are hard to realize or approach even though it creates an irritation. I do apreciate your comments and apologize once agin for your bad experience.
Thanks,
Kevin Estrada
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The location is very close to Miami Intl. Airport. Clean and the employees are very helpfull. They have a reasonable parking lot that is exclusive for guests, where you can access by using your card key. The room is standard, not luxury. But it's confortable, quiet,anad cozy. I really had a good experience over there. Probably, I'll back.

Franklin, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The 1st night (outside unit) was noisy w/ airplanes flying overhead from 6 a.m. thru midnight. Changed room to an inside corridor, had kids running up and down the hallway, slamming doors alll night long. Changed room back to outside unit, had someone trying to BREAK INTO MY
ROOM 3 different times!!!! When I called the front desk they told me they didn't change my room into the computer, so they were renting the room to someone else. I actually thought I was going to be raped and murdered. IT WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay close to an airport, too noisy. Put locks on your motel room door, you never know when...
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Booked for a park and cruise, Excellent reception, internet, tv, phone, room, bed comfort, smell, design, hospitality, computer in lobby with a phone and printer, printed boading pass and luggage tags, and they photocoppied them. Shuttle to miami cruise port and return right to our car. $150 (six nts parking) plus choice hotel points. (note: miami is not cheap). If everything ran as smooth as this was for us, this business can take a bow. Easy on/off highway. Even on return we had to get to port canaveral for a back to back cruise, (i get deals, plus the time share guy for disney tickets yelled at me, so we booked the second cruise) We used the internet, had a coffee, used that complimetary phone. Amazing considering, they were busy at the hotel during this stay, and yet it was the best experience we had during our visit to Florida. wow.

Room Tip: We had no trouble with level 3, we are sound sleepers, airplanes are fairly close, but we did not no...
Crawley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here for three nights in February 2013, whilst on a short business trip.

The hotel is absolutely fine for such a trip - good value for money, a comfortable bed, and free wireless internet access. My room also had a small fridge, tea/coffee making facilities and microwave, ideal if you want to heat up your own snacks in the room.

There is noise from aircraft - the hotel lines up directly with one of the runways at Miami Airport. For me, not a problem since I'm something of an aviation enthusiast! At night the flights seemed to stop anyway, so sleeping wasn't affected for me.

Breakfast was provided each day, with a modest selection of cereals, fruits, toast, bagels, danish pastries, and some hot food such as eggs & sausage and a waffle maker, in a comfortable environment.

My only issue was with the wireless internet. On arrival I was allocated a room at the far end of the top floor, and spent an hour on the phone with I.T support trying to figure out why I couldn't successfully connect, only to discover if I walked down the corridor the connection started to work. I then requested (and fortunately managed to get) a different room which solved the problem.

There is a hotel pool which I would have loved to use, had I not been at business meetings both days. I managed half an hour sitting by the pool reading on my second day, enjoying the South Florida sunshine, which was bliss having flown from a very cold and icy UK!

Overall - recommended for a short trip.

Room Tip: If you need internet access, check for signal strength on arrival at room. I had to move room to ge...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

stayed here on sunday night of presidents day weekend since it was next to the airport.

Me and a group of about 8 other people from various rooms got LOCKED OUT OF OUR ROOMS BECAUSE THE ELECTRONIC LOCKS SYSTEMS stopped functioning. we were locked out for THREE HOURS auntil about 1am in the morning with all our things inside until they were able to call somebody to unlock the doors and solve the problem. The staff was helpful and did all they could but I cant believe a national chain like this does not do proper maintenance to its lock systems annd does not have staff on premises to solve these problems. very dissapointed.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!