“Nice for one night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel

You added Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3959 NW 79th Avenue, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #83 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Oslo, Norway
“Nice for one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed here for a night as we had to catch a flight early the next morning. As several others have pointed out, the hotel is tricky to find, but with a satnav and some patience I'm sure most ppl will find it. Bare in mind that the hotel is less then 15 minutes away from MIA and close to all the other airport hotels.

Check in was quick and we were in our room within minutes. Our room (249), was directly in the take off path, meaning we had planes literally flying over our heads. Because we checked in late afternoon and left early the following morning we didn't mind the noise too much. I'm sure that if you stay longer it can get on ppl's nerves.

Room was not bad for size. Plenty of room to re pack our bags without falling over. Bathroom was however small. Sink did not fit in and was installed just outside the bathroom. I wasn't too bothered with this. Overall the room was clean and suited our needs for our short stay.

There is a swimming pool that guests can use and breakfast is served in a separet room in the lobby. I didn't really have a lot of time to eat so grabbed some sweet pastries and got out within a minute or two. This was around 7.30-8.00 and the place was full of guests. Be there in good time to get the best start to the day.

Check out was also quick and we left feeling that we had spent our money on a good deal.

Safe travels!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Made reservations on line through Quality Inn for Stay, Park and Cruise package. We were very pleased that all went as planned and promised. Hotel was not easy to get to but was well taken care of. Friendly staff clean room and good cont. breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside away from the traffic.
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We used this hotel's park, stay and cruise program and were very pleased. The staff was very friendly and helpful especially Fatima who worked the front desk. We were offered an early check-in along with a still available complimentary breakfast. The room was very satisfactory and the next day's comp breakfast was okay - the eggs and sausage were inedible to me though . The shuttle to the cruise port went fine. The shuttle arrangements back were a little confusing as we had to negotiate them on our own with the driver. Overall we would gladly stay here again. A very good value indeed!

Room Tip: The hotel has an elevator and suppose all the rooms are comparable. Our room was on the top floor...
Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a shopping/tourism trip, it was part of a very cheap package with airplane ticket and a few nights at this hotel. Because this package was so cheap, I expected this hotel to be a poor choice and to my surprise it wasn't.

Both check in and check out were fast and easy and the staff was kind to me, however, there was some problem with the room key, and EVERY single night we needed to ask at the reception to fix the room key (it was a card actually)

Sleep quality was very good, because te air conditioner was good and the bed was very soft with lots of pillows, perfect combination for me. Al the room was clean, including the bathroom. The room had lots of space, but the only problem is that my room had low wi-fi signal and the internet was only available in the bathroom or close to the door. The breakfast was in a small space, and the choices were limited. Since I love waffles, It was very good for me.

The hotel location is not the best, but you must consider a few things. If you are looking for tourism, this hotel is a bit far from most touristic sites of Miami, and it is probably not a good choice. If you have a car, it is close to highways and almost free of heavy traffic, which tend to be in the opposite direction, which means you can go everywhere. If you want to go shopping in outlets, it is very close to Dolphin mall. Sawgrass Mills is far from everything, but is close to highway, so this hotel has location good for shopping.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

First, we were pleased with both the hotel (a little run down and noisey but who cares), the breakfast, parking for our trip, and the shuttle to the airport. These were on Oct. 14/15 (shuttle)

Coming back was a different story. We called the office with our luggage ready, and were told where to be. Office said the driver was actually at the airport and looking for us. We then saw him drive past in the outer lane and ignore us. This happened 3 times. Each time, we called the office and were informed he "just left". We also tried to talk to the manager, and were sent to voice box. My husband saw him unloading the van with drop offs, and actually confronted him about not picking us up. He wasn't apologetic at all, just said he would be back. The 4th time, he did pick us up and we all rode in silence back to the hotel. We had been standing on the curb waiting almost 2 hours. Notice to hotel - this was Nov. 30 from around 2-4 and the driver was a short, greasy, rude man about 65. HE IS THE PROBLEM.

Room Tip: Back off street will have less noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on a romantic getaway to the carribean as we past through Miami, not a bad hotel, rooms were clean, comfy, good value and near the airport, there was plenty of parking and it's about 15-20min drive to Miami beach

Only problem people might have is the hotel is directly below the landing stip of the airport, basically planes are flying overhead 24 hours a day and as its the last property before the airport the planes feel like they are only 20feet above the hotel.. So not only do you hear them but you can feel them vibrate in the rooms.. I personally thought it was great, but I understand some people would rather the heads up

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel prior to a trip to Haiti for a medical missions trip. I needed to park my motorcycle for ten days, while in Haiti, so this looked like a good idea. My room was clean, and about average for Quality Inn. At breakfast there was no orange juice, the boiled eggs were not quite cold, but not lukewarm either. The young lady who was taking care of the desk in the morning, spent a good bit of time watching "Married with Children" on the tv in the breakfast room. I didn't watch that drivel when it was on tv, never mind reruns. I would have preferred a news channel. My motorcycle was safe and secure on my return. My pickup at the airport on my return was a disaster. I waited almost an hour and a half for the shuttle. The driver said traffic was the problem, but not from what I could see, as we returned to the hotel in less than 20 minutes. He also said he needed to get fuel, but the fuel gauge showed only half a tank, when he picked me up. Someone is lying!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
doralhotelgm, Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
As the general manager of the Quality Inn, I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the airport shuttle and I have addressed your concerns with our driver and breakfast host. We really appreciate your feedback as comments from customer such as yourself allow us to make improvements.
Thanks,
Jessica Mendez

Been to Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!