“Convenient, friendly staff, very clean, great value.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel

You added Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3959 NW 79th Avenue, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #81 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“Convenient, friendly staff, very clean, great value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011 via mobile

I was picked up at the airport by a very nice and helpful gentleman, met by another friendly and welcoming gentleman. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was plentiful and healtjy choices. Great experience!

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here twice in a week due to location. Never felt valued by staff whatsoever. Arrived to airport, rang hotel many times but took roughly 20mins to answer the phone...beware of answering machine. Tranfers were good if you are prepared to wait. On my first visit i left a hooded sweater and headphones in the room, rang straight away after leaving and was told they would be kept for me. On returning, the items were apparently never found. Reception staff were too interesting in texting on their phones than addressing my issue, two staff members grunted at me as we waited for airport transfers...not good enough. As expected, property was never returned. Breakfast was a nightmare...no seats and food was not re stocked after 9.15. When i asked for more bread and butter, i was greeted with a look of dismay from a staff member. Better off bringing breakfast back to your room. Room was fine as was cleanliness, just feel cheated out of my hard earned money. Would appreciate some sort of response to ronanperry@hotmail.com and would like to see some customer service in operation.

• Stayed October 2011
Natalia F, General Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Again (As I have sent you an email already) I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your last stay. I have addressed your comments with my front desk staff, and will make sure they all understand how important our guests are to us.
Thanks again for your comments.
Albany, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I booked this hotel because I thought it would be convenient for a pre-cruise stay. It had advertised a free shuttle from the airport and a free shuttle to the port of Miami. The hotel did not deliver upon these, or other promises. Upon arrival in Miami I called the hotel for the shuttle and was greeted by a surly night clerk who I then had to haggle with to send the shuttle. After several calls (two times the phone was not even answered) she finally agreed to send the shuttle, which never arrived. After waiting outside the airport at midnight for almost an hour, I finally took a taxi because I was exhausted and did not feel safe. At the hotel they did not have the room I requested and tried to give me a single bed instead of the two I requested. Once again I had to haggle with the clerk and show my reservation, then wait for a room to be found. The location of the hotel is too far away and is located in a semi-industrial area that is sketchy and scary at night. The exterior is somewhat run down and there were questionable characters hanging around the hotel. In the morning I was told I had to pay for the port shuttle even though I was assured by the clerk that it was free when I called to make the reservation. Overll I was extremely displeased and felt ripped off. The only bright spot was that the morning cleark was very friendly and helpful. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear guest I’m sorry you didn’t get to speak with me while you were here. Please send me an email so we can make it up for you. (doralhotelgm@baywoodhotels.com).
I understand transportation to the airport can be perceived a little frustrating at times because of al long flight and the hotel being 6 miles away from the airport. This is something we are constantly looking for ways to improve and hopefully our guests don’t have to wait for the shuttle at the airport more than the least necessary.
Thanks for your comments.
BVI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Arrived at the airport, waited for shuttle about 30 min. no show, called the hotel four times
only got useless answering machine, no live person. Finally took taxi $25.00
Complaining to the frontdesk clerk got me no where. Manager was not avaiable!
In the morning, although breakfast was included, no juice or even cold water. Same attitude
as night before.

Room Tip: I normally stayed at the Marriott and will stay there in the future
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
doralhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear guest unfortunately we take 15 minutes to get to the airport to pick up a guest and if the van is on the way back to the hotel when you call it might take a few minutes more to pick you up. Regarding the orange juice and cold water, both are served cold as well as other flavors of juice on a machine located on the corner of the breakfast area.
South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

From my 1st stay I have always been happy with the service. They have their own shuttle bus from and to the Airport which is nearby. I prefer a double room on the 1st (ground) floor with coffee/tea machine. Steam iron and ironing board in the room. TV and usual amenities There is a light breakfast included and waffle maker. Swimming pool, free parking, business facilities or you can have high speed internet in your room if you have your own Laptop. I find the location perfect but you must pre-book a car rental to get around. There are automatic washing machines and tumble dryers on the premises and ice machines. Lots of restaurants in the area, and very near the famous Doral Golf Club. I intend returning to this Hotel soon under the new name.

Room Tip: The rooms are very comfortable. But you only sleep there.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Its always refreshing to hear comments like this, from our frequent stay guests. I also wanted to make you aware that we have expanded our complimentary breakfast and are in the process of changing to flat screen TVs. Next months we will have all new carpeting as well. We are excited about it and thought you might like to know !
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

The room was disgusting, the carpet was dirty and the bathroom was not clean. The location is terrible, for someone who doesn't know it's hard to find specially if you get to miami during the night, the staff is not helpfull at all and won't take any suggestions such as cleaning the room, do not expect an amazing breakfast.
DO NOT GO THERE, there are other hotels with this prize, next to the airport and much better.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
northeast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Spent 4 nites here due to canceled flight from hurricane in northeast. Spotted shuttle at MIA and got to hotel without even calling. Check-in took 2 minutes. Room amazingly clean and fresh looking. A/C worked great, bed and pillows made for a solid sleep. Nice clean and sparkling lobby. Best word to describe this facility is "Clean".

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Airport side.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Dear guest, I have also only one word to reply to your comment: "Thanks" its always a pleasure to see the work of my staff being recognized. Hopefully we will have you back soon but not due to a distress flight Lol

Been to Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!