“Already planning to stay here next year” 5 of 5 stars

Fortune House Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   185 SE 14 Terrace, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #59 of 110 Hotels in Miami
Oviedo, Florida
“Already planning to stay here next year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Girls weekend Swim Miami. Clean, quiet and safe.
Close to great restaurants, a Publix, and other great hotels. Can't beat the views.
Paid for late checkout to relax and enjoy everything this condo-like hotel has to offer.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This place is very decent. I think the building is a mix of apartment and hotel rooms. I was asked several times whether I lived there and also if I knew the wifi code for the 'residents' network (which I didn't, but I wish I did, because the hotel wifi was terrible).

The gym is very good, and the pool right outdoor from the gym is very good as well. As in any big city, living high usually means that you're just going to look into somebody else's kitchen or living room. The views are not great.

However, if you like jogging, you're basically at the sea and you can easily jog up to the harbour and back in the morning for a great view with the sun creeping up on the horizon.

It's quite far from Miami beach though, so if you aim to "party hard" you should probably get something closer. Although the taxi is only 15-20 dollars (except in Miami you can't stop them on the street, and it's pretty hard to come by one at Fortune - would suggest you wander over to the Conrad or the Four Seasons instead, where taxis are much more frequent).

Either way, good hotel.

Room Tip: South facing and towards the coast is better than the alternatives.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Zagreb, Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The location of the hotel is okay but what I liked the most was the view. I stayed with my family in the hotel for a week and we were on the 26th floor, which apart from the wind, was really amazing. You can see the whole city, the ocean, and the other hotels with pools on their roots(which looks spectacular). The appartment was really nice and big and comfortable. We had breakfast there and the food was good, too. Everything was nice and clean. The only thing I didn't like was that the staff isn't that polite. All in all, I would recommend this place :)

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for one night pre-cruise and one post-cruise. Booked on-line using their web site. We were a group of five, parents and three kids. The hotel is located in Brickell, the business district and across the street from the Four Seasons. There is a CVS a short walk away and the Starbucks is about a 10 minute walk over in Mary Brickell Village.

Pretty quiet (we were on the 15th and 16th floors) and both rooms had lovely views of the water. Parking on-site if you need it. There is a security guard in the lobby which is reassuring.

Room layout is excellent, king bed and ensuite bath, twins beds in second bedroom and a double pull out couch (you have to call housekeeping to set it up) so room sleeps six people. There is a tv in each area (three total) as well as a full kitchen including microwave and dishwasher. Free wi-fi worked well on everyone's devices. The first room had two balconies, the second only had one but if you have small children you may opt for the single option.

First time check-in was after 1600 on Saturday, quick, efficient and we got two fobs (you need them to access elevators and pool/gym) and two room keys. They call you to shoo you out by 1100 so don't try to stay later. We had to bring our luggage down and securely store it near the lobby even if we planned to leave for the terminal at 1300.

Second time was messier. We arrived Sunday morning well before the 1600 check-in time so stored luggage again. Came back to check in around 1700 and was chided by the clerk because my 28 year old daughter came back on her own and wanted to lounge in the pool area. They did let her in after some hassle. Then they handed me ONE fob and two keys. I told the clerk I needed TWO since we were three adults in the group and she told me the room had only one fob. Too weird...how about giving me a spare one? Nope, no spares and the person who programs them only works Monday-Friday, not Sunday when I was there. Really?? Like no one ever loses these things? I asked to be assigned a room with two fobs since it was clear there were a bunch of bookings lined up on the desk behind her but she also refused to do that. It was not a very accommodating situation at all.

To top it off, the room's ensuite bathroom was not clean. There was a spray of brown spots under the light switch (how can you miss that?) and the steam from the shower revealed spots over the tiles and mirror. Hard to tell the last time it was wiped down. It was a little gruesome trying not to rub against the walls.

When we checked out the next morning they asked me where the second fob was, confirming that you are supposed to have two. I told her I never received two and only after checking the computer did she concede that. Nothing else said like an apology or excuse. Paid the full tab and left.

Would I go back? Yes, but I would check the bathroom first. And I'd recommend management keep a few extra fobs around. The inconvenience was annoying and not the kind of hassle you'd expect from a place that is a pretty good deal otherwise.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great hotel in downtown very close to the cruise ships departure and away from the beach. Rooms are excellent with two bedrooms , lounge and kitchen plus two bathrooms. Room service and bar very nice and a little pool and bar on the roof.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Check-in was a breeze and the front desk girl was friendly and very knowledgeable about the area. Then we saw the room! We thought we would be getting a normal hotel room, BOY were we ever wrong! 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, lounge, kitchen, dining, walk in robe and a balcony with a great view. The restaurant downstairs was reasonable for a hotel restaurant, again friendly staff. We only had one night before a cruise but we will certainly stay here again if we get to Miami.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Salem, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We only stayed one night pre-cruise. It was a beautiful place, the view from the 15th floor was breathtaking. It was clean, efficient, and worked perfectly for us. I would recommend Fortune House to anyone!!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Fortune House Hotel? Share your experiences!