“Gorgeous rooms, great value!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Fortune House Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   185 SE 14 Terrace, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #93 of 129 Hotels in Miami
New York, NY
“Gorgeous rooms, great value!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

I was definitely hesitant to stay at this place because of the very mixed reviews. But for the reasonable mid-week price and location, it was irresistible. For $185 I got a 2BR, 2BA fully-furnishes apartment -- full kitchen with beautiful countertop and bar stools, dining table and chairs, balcony overlooking the bay, even a walk-in-closet in the master bedroom that leads to the bathroom with double-showerheads.

I was blown away.

Everything in the room was spotless and new. It was beyond perfect, and I could not believe the value. I wanted to move into that apartment.

Outside of the apt was a slightly different story. The lobby is clean & charming, but the service is VERY lacking. The front desk was not always staffed and those who worked the front were not professional. They weren't rude, but it did not feel right. I'll list out my thoughts below:

PRO's:
- huge & gorgeous apt that you can honestly live in.
- great mid-week price; overall FANTASTIC value (especially considering that most hotels in Miami run around $400/night)
- pool & gym available
- great view of the water

CON's:
- lackluster service staff
- the lobby & hallway smelled funny
- they had an elevator that was under construction but was still in service?!? It felt completely unsafe.
- All doors use traditional metal keys, which can get stuck & jammed. I had to get another set of keys and slam my door to get it open.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

Beautiful Hotel and Great Location. We stayed at apartment 2303- The View was gorgeous. Last but not least, EXCELLENT Customer Service, including the valet parking. Everyone at the Hotel went the extra mile to made us ( my mother and I) feel "special". I will definitely stay at the Fortune House again on my next trip to Miami. Thank you!!!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

I needed a two month rental Condo with two rooms and furnished, Fortune House Hotel was not only the most flexible with the dates I needed and the lenght of my rental, it was also the best value. Blessing and Julissa were both very helpful with my reservation, and for my surprise, I had reserved an apt in Floor 6, but when I checked in I got an upgrade to floor 25. The view was spectacular, the gym and the pool were nice, and also having room service was a plus. I will be staying there in the future, I recommend it for anyone staying from a day to a month.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean View
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
darien, ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

very good value for the money. lobby was clean, restaurant/bar was okay, room was actually a 2 bedroom with a full kitchen. Clean although had a little odor to it. I would have given the place a 5 rating but at 11:59 the day of departure they called the room and said unless you are out by 12, the system will automatically charge you an extra 50 bucks. By the time I got done telling them I could be out by 12:03, but it would be impossible for me to be out by 12, it was already 12. Not sure if it was just scare tactics or other, but when I checked out at 12:05, I was not charged. Not exactly friendly customer service though. A call at 11:45 to let me know of the policy would have been fine.

Room Tip: 1510 wasnt bad
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Caracas , Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

We rented appartment 2702 for 15 days. The condo was quite nicely furnished with two flat screen TVs, a great king bed on the master room and a cozy living/dining room and kitchen area.
The service is nice and a complimentary breakfast was included at the hotel restaurant.
However, this condo unit had a problem with the toilet which was solved by the hotel maintenance.
Also, we had to call every night for additional bath towels ( we were 3 guests and they only put towels for 2).
The ladies at the reception and at the restaurant were always very nice.
Great gym and pool area too.
Keep in mind that they charge $20 per day for valet parking.
You have nice restaurants in the area like Vapiano (Italian) and Perricone (Italian too).

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel and great customer service. This was our third trip to Miami and chose this hotel for its location and price. We were pleasantly surprised by the staff and the service. Janelle at the front desk was very helpful. The rooms were bright and elegant. Will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Miami!

• Stayed August 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

I stayed at the Fortune house in August and I have to say that the room was beautiful I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom and i loved it. The girls that work there are great and always friendly. Special Thanks to Janelle she made sure my checkout was fast and smooth! I see that a lot of people complain about the wifi but it was fast if you ask me!! Thanks fortune house! I will be back soon.

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Fortune House Hotel? Share your experiences!