“Nice Alternative” 3 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #92 of 129 hotels in Miami
“Nice Alternative”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I read several negative reviews after booking my stay. I contemplated finding a new location but doing so in such a short time frame was not going to be practical financial. I was terrified of what to expect but was out at ease.
The staff was nice and so was the room. Yes it is a "dated" basic "white box" apartment with contractor grade cabinets, tile, carpet and furniture; it was clean and well maintained. Yes, I had to make 100.00 REFUNDABLE deposit at check in but don't all hotels request to hold funds for incidentals. No it does not have the amenities and fancy decor that some off the 4 star hotels we've stayed at have but (and if you like big butts) lol, for the price, location and view of the bay it is well worth my stay and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

310 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel for two months while completing an internship in Miami. I had an excellent experience here and plan to return on my next trip to Miami.

The location of the property is great for business travelers, anyone going to an event at the American Airlines arena, or for cruise passengers as it is centrally located. There is also a free trolley right outside that will take you there as well as to Midtown Miami.

If you're looking to go to South Beach, the hotel is quite far. It will set you back about $30 via cab.

The apartments are spacious and well-equipped with a full kitchen and supplies, a washer/dryer in every unit and televisions in every bedroom and the living room. As this is a condo building/apartment hotel, no two units are exactly the same. That means that one unit could have granite countertops whereas another would not. The furniture and layouts will vary from unit to unit. Nonetheless, all units are nice, clean, and stocked with the essentials.

The gym is huge. Granted, some machines are older but it's important to keep in mind that this is not a five star hotel. While you might be paying similar prices for the Four Seasons next door, the units (kitchen, washer dryer, multiple bedrooms, etc.) are really what you're paying for!
Regardless, it still rivals most hotel gyms in terms of size and variety of machines available. Another nice touch are locker rooms with single sex steam rooms and saunas.

The pool and hot tub are nice as well, with padded chairs and an array of tables to eat outside and enjoy the Miami weather.

The restaurant is good. The bar is fabulous. Ask for them to make you a special or house drinks. The bartenders are awesome! Alejandro is a gem. Some menu items are better than others, burgers and sandwiches are very good, but I would steer clear of the pasta.

Service in general was great. While there were a few unfriendly faces, the majority of the staff was incredible, personable, and helpful. The housekeeping staff was hit or miss in terms of how well they cleaned the apartment, but always went above and beyond by doing dishes/taking out trash (that was...unexpected and a nice gesture?)

Try to get a bay view room if you can. The view is spectacular. I will miss having my coffee out there every morning as it was spectacular.

Brickell is a great and very safe neighborhood. Ten minute walk to the grocery store and Mary Brickell village, a nearby 7-Eleven and not too difficult to get a cab.

I would absolutely reccommend this hotel for anyone looking to experience all that Miami has to offer besides South Beach (again, like I said, $30 cab ride!) Besides, there's much more to do in Miami than South Beach anyway!

For the size of the apartments, you are getting a great deal. I look forward to returning to Fortune House. Until next time! Many thanks to Jenny for her assistance.

• Stayed August 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this place for 2 months this past summer, and I can say that it was simply amazing! The rooms itself were incredible and the view of the bay from the balcony is breath taking. You have to check out the restaurant also. (The bartenders there are some of the nicest/friendliest people you will ever meet!) The staff is amazing; Jennifer is incredible and so helpful, the bartenders are nice people to hangout with while you have a drink, and everyone I came across was friendly all around. I definitely recommend this place! The location is great (a very short walk to the shops at Merry Brickell and a 15 minute cab ride to South Beach) and the amenities are spectacular. I will be visiting The Fortune House again for sure!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great, clean building with a hospitable staff and fabulous Brickell location. Jenny went out of her way to make sure our stay was comfortable and our needs were addressed efficiently--and always with a smile on! The gym is very well kept and has everything a fitness lover needs. The pool is gorgeous, with nicely covered lounge chairs and a grill and cabana area. The rooms are spacious and stocked! We had everything we needed--pots/pans/flat ware--and more.

Location is super convenient. You are a 10 minute walk from Mary Brickell village shopping and dining.

Room Tip: The bay views are very nice, especially from the xx08 to xx04 rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This has become my home away from home. I live in Orlando but work in Miami. About 4 days out of my week, Monday through Thursday is here in Miami. And of those days, for the past almost 9 years guess where I've been staying.. That's right people, the Fortune House Hotel... Of all the places I could stay, why have I continued to stay here, one might ask. Because this place has become my home away from home. I love staying here at the Fortune House. I love the people that work here. Over these many years I've made so many friends. The location is excellent, amenities are great, and Reservations has done exceptional with regards to making our stay here perfect. Thank you Julie for every week making my stay here feel like home. This house is not just a house of fortune, but it's my house and I'm so fortunate to be here..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

This place is one of the best I have stayed in the area. I have to Travel to Miami at least 2 times a year. First time staying here and we enjoyed very much. Julissa made our reservation very easy and pleasant. Lots of dinning and bars at walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014
Bedford, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there to follow my team on the NBA finals. Even tho it wasn't next to the arena the location was very convinient for food, shopping and night life and just a walk to the little train that takes you to the arena for free! Julissa, the lady that made my reservation took the time to give me this hint so thank you for a very pleasant stay. Go Spurs!

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Fortune House Hotel? Share your experiences!