“Please don't bother!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #94 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Stoke On Trent
“Please don't bother!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed last night, crummy rooms, poor service and disinterested staff. Breakfast was purchased but not honoured when got into restaurant. Better off staying in budget chain hotels elsewhere in the area. You
Live and learn I suppose! The hotel is actually a condo block that appears to have been made into a hotel, we booked a secret deal with Hotwire which we won't risk doing again

Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Roslyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Arrived to find our room with hair in our bed. Mold, dirt, duvet blankets without covers, so disgusting that we checked out immediately. Understaffed, over rated and would never consider recommending this place to anyone.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Mishawaka, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

First off let me say that I am not a picky person when it comes to hotels. As a former traveling PR person I have stayed in plenty of hotels and my requirements are simply a clean comfortable bed. I was impressed with the size of the room..was more like an apartment. The view was breathtaking. The staff was pleasant. The valet parking was easy. Now for the negative. The mattress was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on in my life. I could literally feel the coils pressing through into my skin. The bed squeaked horribly every time I shifted trying to get comfortable. At one point I considered moving to the floor, it was that bad. The comforter on the bed was very thin and looked like something from the 1970's and was extremely scratchy every time it accidentally came in contact with my skin. The ceiling fan over top of the bed made a tapping sound that was unbearable and I wasn't sure if it was going to fall down on me in the middle of the night. I am a big proponent of baths after a long flight, however, it was not to be had here...the mechanism which controls whether it is a bath or shower was welded in the shower position. The bathtub had putty all over it, but was clean. When I brushed my teeth the sink took forever to drain. The ceiling had a repaired crack with a very bad putty job that had dripped on the floor and the shower tiles and the lazy repairmen did not bother to clean it up so it had hardened where it lay. I called to ask for the name of a local pizza delivery place and was given the number of somewhere that sounded like someone's house with someone being murdered in the background. I was then quoted a price of $45 for a medium pizza and two liter of coke! To the owners of Fortune House I understand that remodeling is expensive. You could have made a world of difference in my night's stay with the purchase of a mattress pad and new comforter...bulk price for both about a hundred dollars...ps..hire better repairmen who clean up their messes and take pride in their work...who paints over door hinges!! the bedroom door squeaked like crazy...no quiet jaunt to the bathroom in the middle of the night here!

Room Tip: If you need pizza there is a Little Caesar's nearby...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
North Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I chose this location because of their condo style rooms to celebrate my birthday. Upon arrival, I asked for a bay-view room and to be on their highest floor. To my surprise, not only was my room already pretty high up, I also had a bay-view room. In my 2 bedroom condo, it was VERY spacious. The Master bedroom was HUGE with a long hallway leading to your private bathroom. Standing out on the balcony, you will overlook the Four Seasons, which is right across the street, but it didn't hinder anything. The staff was very nice and friendly. At times valet was understaffed, but I'm sure if you called in prior to arrival, you wouldn't have much of a wait at all. My booking included complimentary breakfast, and I was impressed that it was real food, and not just bagels and muffins that many would be accustomed to. The staff was friendly and polite and willing to help. I'd definitely stay here again if the opportunity presented itself or a need arise.

Room Tip: For a better view, you definitely want to stay higher up in the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed with my wife and child and cannot complain about anything, other than the service at the desk, which is just flat out bad. We got the 1 bedroom deluxe with city view. The room came with everything we needed for our stay, or even if we wanted to live there permanently. Lol. Yes, they have everything. Full size stainless steel refrigerator, stove, oven, dish washer, washer machine and dryer, even cooking ware. Nice furnishings, comfortable huge bed, and a lot of storage space, including a walk in closet in the bedroom. The lady at the desk did not want to honor the $191 a night that we had booked for 3 nights online on a budget site, and tried to cancel our reservation as we stood there in line. Even the people behind us gave them a hard time and they eventually went ahead with the reservation at the same price, but held $500 on our credit card, although it said only $100 would be held, but that's another story. Just be sure to call ahead and Make Sure your reservation will be honored if you book through a site other than theirs. The location is perfect, the bay is right behind the hotel, and there are restaurants everywhere. We went to Publix and got groceries and cooked our own food for the most part, but we did dine at a few places in Miami Beach area. Overall our stay was pleasant, and the price and location made it especially worth it.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Easton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

This is very late. Sorry. We stayed here this past February. We had a 2bed 2bath condo with views of the bay and I believe the Ritz pool. It was really nice. Clean and updated. Staff was very helpful and courteous. I really wanted to stay in Miami Beach but that time of year is very expensive. We took the tram (which is just a short walk from the hotel) over to Bayside. We had lunch and the took a boat ride over to Miami beach. It was great. We walked lincoln road, went into shops then strolled down to the bars and restaurants. Had great drinks in a few of the restaurants. Love MiamiBeach. Would definitely recommend this hotel if you have family or another couple. Perfect for us right before a cruise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Booked this place online for a colleague and myself on a last minute trip. I honestly thought it was too good to be true, especially since all the hotels around it were at least double its price. To our surprise this place was legit. We had a very nice 2 bedroom that was a true 2 bed 2 bath. It had a balcony with a nice view, small living room and kitchen. Check in was great and the room was clean. I checked out the pool and workout room, which were both small but nice. We had a few drinks in the bar downstairs, which had happy hour between 6-8 I believe. Overall I was very happy and will stay her next time I travel to Miami.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fortune House Hotel? Share your experiences!