“Updates needed...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fortune House Luxury Apartment Suites

You added Fortune House Luxury Apartment Suites to your Saves list
Fortune House Luxury Apartment Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   185 SE 14 Terrace, Miami, FL 33131 (Formerly Fortune House Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #53 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Mishawaka, Indiana
“Updates needed...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

First off let me say that I am not a picky person when it comes to hotels. As a former traveling PR person I have stayed in plenty of hotels and my requirements are simply a clean comfortable bed. I was impressed with the size of the room..was more like an apartment. The view was breathtaking. The staff was pleasant. The valet parking was easy. Now for the negative. The mattress was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on in my life. I could literally feel the coils pressing through into my skin. The bed squeaked horribly every time I shifted trying to get comfortable. At one point I considered moving to the floor, it was that bad. The comforter on the bed was very thin and looked like something from the 1970's and was extremely scratchy every time it accidentally came in contact with my skin. The ceiling fan over top of the bed made a tapping sound that was unbearable and I wasn't sure if it was going to fall down on me in the middle of the night. I am a big proponent of baths after a long flight, however, it was not to be had here...the mechanism which controls whether it is a bath or shower was welded in the shower position. The bathtub had putty all over it, but was clean. When I brushed my teeth the sink took forever to drain. The ceiling had a repaired crack with a very bad putty job that had dripped on the floor and the shower tiles and the lazy repairmen did not bother to clean it up so it had hardened where it lay. I called to ask for the name of a local pizza delivery place and was given the number of somewhere that sounded like someone's house with someone being murdered in the background. I was then quoted a price of $45 for a medium pizza and two liter of coke! To the owners of Fortune House I understand that remodeling is expensive. You could have made a world of difference in my night's stay with the purchase of a mattress pad and new comforter...bulk price for both about a hundred dollars...ps..hire better repairmen who clean up their messes and take pride in their work...who paints over door hinges!! the bedroom door squeaked like crazy...no quiet jaunt to the bathroom in the middle of the night here!

Room Tip: If you need pizza there is a Little Caesar's nearby...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
North Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I chose this location because of their condo style rooms to celebrate my birthday. Upon arrival, I asked for a bay-view room and to be on their highest floor. To my surprise, not only was my room already pretty high up, I also had a bay-view room. In my 2 bedroom condo, it was VERY spacious. The Master bedroom was HUGE with a long hallway leading to your private bathroom. Standing out on the balcony, you will overlook the Four Seasons, which is right across the street, but it didn't hinder anything. The staff was very nice and friendly. At times valet was understaffed, but I'm sure if you called in prior to arrival, you wouldn't have much of a wait at all. My booking included complimentary breakfast, and I was impressed that it was real food, and not just bagels and muffins that many would be accustomed to. The staff was friendly and polite and willing to help. I'd definitely stay here again if the opportunity presented itself or a need arise.

Room Tip: For a better view, you definitely want to stay higher up in the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed with my wife and child and cannot complain about anything, other than the service at the desk, which is just flat out bad. We got the 1 bedroom deluxe with city view. The room came with everything we needed for our stay, or even if we wanted to live there permanently. Lol. Yes, they have everything. Full size stainless steel refrigerator, stove, oven, dish washer, washer machine and dryer, even cooking ware. Nice furnishings, comfortable huge bed, and a lot of storage space, including a walk in closet in the bedroom. The lady at the desk did not want to honor the $191 a night that we had booked for 3 nights online on a budget site, and tried to cancel our reservation as we stood there in line. Even the people behind us gave them a hard time and they eventually went ahead with the reservation at the same price, but held $500 on our credit card, although it said only $100 would be held, but that's another story. Just be sure to call ahead and Make Sure your reservation will be honored if you book through a site other than theirs. The location is perfect, the bay is right behind the hotel, and there are restaurants everywhere. We went to Publix and got groceries and cooked our own food for the most part, but we did dine at a few places in Miami Beach area. Overall our stay was pleasant, and the price and location made it especially worth it.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Easton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

This is very late. Sorry. We stayed here this past February. We had a 2bed 2bath condo with views of the bay and I believe the Ritz pool. It was really nice. Clean and updated. Staff was very helpful and courteous. I really wanted to stay in Miami Beach but that time of year is very expensive. We took the tram (which is just a short walk from the hotel) over to Bayside. We had lunch and the took a boat ride over to Miami beach. It was great. We walked lincoln road, went into shops then strolled down to the bars and restaurants. Had great drinks in a few of the restaurants. Love MiamiBeach. Would definitely recommend this hotel if you have family or another couple. Perfect for us right before a cruise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Booked this place online for a colleague and myself on a last minute trip. I honestly thought it was too good to be true, especially since all the hotels around it were at least double its price. To our surprise this place was legit. We had a very nice 2 bedroom that was a true 2 bed 2 bath. It had a balcony with a nice view, small living room and kitchen. Check in was great and the room was clean. I checked out the pool and workout room, which were both small but nice. We had a few drinks in the bar downstairs, which had happy hour between 6-8 I believe. Overall I was very happy and will stay her next time I travel to Miami.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We spent our honeymoon in this unforgettable hotel. I was an unforgettable experience. We checked into an apartment with a wonderful view, modern decor, very clean and staff was available to solve any problems that arise in the best way. Our stay in the hotel was accompanied by a relaxing time in the pool and then has room service with delicious food. I hope we can return to this hotel as soon as we can

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Couple of weeks ago I went to Miami for business, and the best choice I could ever make was staying at the fortune house. Rooms are really comfortable white an amazing view. Also valet parking service and housekeeper are very useful and kind. Breakfast was delicious and I can get room service also. In the little free time I had, I could enjoy the pool which is very good

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business