“Amazing location and views” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 20%
Ranked #92 of 129 hotels in Miami
Fullerton, California
“Amazing location and views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed with my wife and child and cannot complain about anything, other than the service at the desk, which is just flat out bad. We got the 1 bedroom deluxe with city view. The room came with everything we needed for our stay, or even if we wanted to live there permanently. Lol. Yes, they have everything. Full size stainless steel refrigerator, stove, oven, dish washer, washer machine and dryer, even cooking ware. Nice furnishings, comfortable huge bed, and a lot of storage space, including a walk in closet in the bedroom. The lady at the desk did not want to honor the $191 a night that we had booked for 3 nights online on a budget site, and tried to cancel our reservation as we stood there in line. Even the people behind us gave them a hard time and they eventually went ahead with the reservation at the same price, but held $500 on our credit card, although it said only $100 would be held, but that's another story. Just be sure to call ahead and Make Sure your reservation will be honored if you book through a site other than theirs. The location is perfect, the bay is right behind the hotel, and there are restaurants everywhere. We went to Publix and got groceries and cooked our own food for the most part, but we did dine at a few places in Miami Beach area. Overall our stay was pleasant, and the price and location made it especially worth it.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

310 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Easton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

This is very late. Sorry. We stayed here this past February. We had a 2bed 2bath condo with views of the bay and I believe the Ritz pool. It was really nice. Clean and updated. Staff was very helpful and courteous. I really wanted to stay in Miami Beach but that time of year is very expensive. We took the tram (which is just a short walk from the hotel) over to Bayside. We had lunch and the took a boat ride over to Miami beach. It was great. We walked lincoln road, went into shops then strolled down to the bars and restaurants. Had great drinks in a few of the restaurants. Love MiamiBeach. Would definitely recommend this hotel if you have family or another couple. Perfect for us right before a cruise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Booked this place online for a colleague and myself on a last minute trip. I honestly thought it was too good to be true, especially since all the hotels around it were at least double its price. To our surprise this place was legit. We had a very nice 2 bedroom that was a true 2 bed 2 bath. It had a balcony with a nice view, small living room and kitchen. Check in was great and the room was clean. I checked out the pool and workout room, which were both small but nice. We had a few drinks in the bar downstairs, which had happy hour between 6-8 I believe. Overall I was very happy and will stay her next time I travel to Miami.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We spent our honeymoon in this unforgettable hotel. I was an unforgettable experience. We checked into an apartment with a wonderful view, modern decor, very clean and staff was available to solve any problems that arise in the best way. Our stay in the hotel was accompanied by a relaxing time in the pool and then has room service with delicious food. I hope we can return to this hotel as soon as we can

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Couple of weeks ago I went to Miami for business, and the best choice I could ever make was staying at the fortune house. Rooms are really comfortable white an amazing view. Also valet parking service and housekeeper are very useful and kind. Breakfast was delicious and I can get room service also. In the little free time I had, I could enjoy the pool which is very good

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mexico Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The staff was willing to accomodate my needs, The staff at the bar was nice. The valet staff was trying their best to be helpful. The size if the room was great, great location our stay was wonderful , even got an upgraded room, View was great and very close to shopping/dining/entertainment area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My opinion is based on a one night stay, the area where fortune house is located is in downtown Miami which I must say is beautiful. Fortune house is a condo where vacant units are rented as a hotel. The lobby is pretty clean, including the ladies restroom with has two stall. The drinks at the bar are weak for the $12 price. I stayed in room 1106, a 2 bedroom deluxe with a view of the bay. Well I saw alot of flaws in that paticular unit eg. Broken draw on the televison stand, dirty beds, if you walked around bare foot the bottom of your feet will be black, the laminate wood floor has about a 2 inch open space in two spots between the livingroom and the masterbedroom (that could be a real hazard and lawsuit if someone was injured) the sofa bed was very uncomfortable. It is not a well oil ship eg. I had to call for towels and washcloth although they knew we had a large party but I never got the washcloth I needed. I also had to call for sheets and pillows for our the sofa bed. The front desk was not very flexible to our early arrival and only offer a room after a four hours wait and two hours before check-in for a sum of $50. It could use new beds, acoat of paint, some accent piece and a good cleaning but for one night it served its purpose. Valet parking is $20 a day no matter how many times you come and go, a $10 a day resort fee applies to all unit. It's 10 mintues to south beach and even less to Miami's port. I saw negative reviews on the pool but to me it was okay. I expected worst. It is by no means a fancy pool but it is not a horrible one either, it just feels that way when looking at the four season....LOL!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Fortune House Hotel? Share your experiences!