“Excellent location and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fortune House Luxury Apartment Suites

You added Fortune House Luxury Apartment Suites to your Saves list
Fortune House Luxury Apartment Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   185 SE 14 Terrace, Miami, FL 33131 (Formerly Fortune House Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #55 of 115 Hotels in Miami
Miami Beach, Florida
“Excellent location and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The location is very good to go anywhere. The restaurant is very nice and the menu too they have an excellent hamburger. I really recommend you this place you will love it and you want to come back soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had 3x 2 bedroom apartments. Fantastic apartments all with individual decor. Reception team thankfully checked us in to one of the three rooms early fantastic views. Great location. Close to South Beach, and 5 minutes from Bayside. I'll be staying again despite a few issues.

Cons- valet- rude!!! To be fair, they had one gentleman on service during checkin. Get another valet person for checkin/out. Waited over 2 hours for clean towels which were never brought to the room.

Queenstown, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

They have a very nice restaurant and they served breakfast, but We preferred to have our breakfast at our room. The kitchen equipment was great including microwave, coffee machine and etc. Gym is well appointed. Our 2-bed unit was very clean & modern with granite & a lovely view …. I' ve always recommended the Hotel to my friends

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

When we booked our 2 bedroom apartment at The Fortune House we were frantically trying to relocate from our private rental in little Havana. We were first shocked by how affordable the apartment was when split between 5 adults it came to a mere $60 each for the 2 nights. When we arrived in the morning following what had simply been a harrowing night we were instantly relieved by the warm welcome we received from the very friendly reception staff. While we could not check into our room until 4 we completed our check in process and the hotel held our luggage so that we could go and explore Miami.

The Fortune house is centrally located in the business district of Miami. We found the metro mover which is free to use great for getting around and the nearest station was less than 5 minutes from the hotel.

When we arrived back at the hotel that night we were amazed at the quality of the rooms. Not only was our apartment spacious the interiors were modern and clean and equipped with everything you need even a washing machine and tumble dryer! For $60 I was astonished. We had a lovely balcony where we could admire the view of the ocean.

The heated outdoor pool on the 6th floor was an added bonus and greatly enjoyed at night by our family.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone in a heartbeat and when I return to Miami I know exactly where I'll be staying.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Read reviews after booking so concerned about problems with charges , staff and breakfast. Also that room might be tatty. I asked for a high level room but was advised i would be upgraded to a deluxe room with a bay view. The room was spacious and newly decorated. two balconies, 3 tvs. A luxury apartment. All staff were polite and friendly. Breakfast was uninspiring but still very good. I agree the dining area is small but we beat the rush so had no problem.. Parking arrangements were unusual in that they stated valet parking only. I parked around the corner for free 6pm to 7am then $1.75 per hour with 3 hour max

Room Tip: park nearby on street which can be paid for online easily
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The interior space and comfortable beds. The hotel location is very good because it's only 10 minutes from South Beach and also has easy access to the Miami International Airport (mia). A tip for anyone staying in this hotel is booking a room overlooking the bay. Waking up in the morning and look at the Biscayne Bay is an amazing feeling!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Panama City, Panama, Panama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

First, the good things. The location is superb. Brickell is a very nice part of town, very "urban walk-able" and if you get a room with a view of the Biscayne Bay, it is great. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance and just nice area to stay

The towels are nice and clean. The kitchen was adequately furnished and the supplies in good condition. Furniture was adequate. There are no dvd players but nice big tvs.

Now the not so great:

This is a part hotel part owner stay, I call it timeshare wannabe. I own Marriott timeshares so I know the drill with timeshares. There was no information in the room to indicate things such as where the trash room is and what the policy for trash pickup was. Our room was serviced daily but the maids did not take the trash out. Noticed several days later the bad smell. If they had told me I had to, I would have done it. We asked for the room to be cleaned early in the day. We managed to get our room serviced at best around 4 pm!

Unfortunately, the day we arrived they had a power outage and wiped out the wireless system for days. I can understand disasters like this but what I cannot tolerate is the lack of adequate information. Every day was a different story about the status of the wireless restoring, sometimes even denial that anyone else had a problem. They only had wireless internet in the lobby for about 5 days. I got very tired of their excuses and answers

I had the surprising encounter with a VERY large dog in the hallway of my room one day. This was a dog that belonged to an owner apparently and they would let him loose or the dog would leave the apartment and be in the hallway. I got the scare of my life when this dog face was on my face. The next day the same thing happened with the same dog and me having my 88 year old mother with me....not good! I reviewed their pet policy and they only allow long term guests or owners pets that weigh under 25 pounds. This animal was definitely not in that category. I didn't get much of an apology as if that was relatively acceptable. They should have given me at least a free night for that!!

The restaurant is cramped at best for the breakfast. The only thing that would make me return to this place is location. If you can afford it, stay across the street at the Four Seasons.

Of course, this was in late March, one of the busiest times in Miami so everything is overpriced and overbooked and under serviced.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Biscayne Bay
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family