“definitely would recommend it for a family who wants to be in the downtown area!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fortune House Hotel

Save up to 20%
Ranked #93 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

It was a very nice hotel (condo). The people were very nice and the apartment was very clean and spacious for the five of us. I would definitely come back and have my family members who live in Miami come and visit me because there is enough space in the living room to entertain. Sometimes you don't want to go to restaurants and be rushed out when visiting with family. If you are planning on taking a cruise and leaving out of the port of miami this hotel is perfectly located.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Amberg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

it's a great place to stay. Be sure to spend the extra money and get the Bay View suite. You won't regret it. I have come to this place 2 years in a row and always have a great stay. I love the place. Also, be sure to get to the breakfast buffet is very good...enjoy it

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We booked upgraded suite and were first put in suite with no view and musty smell. After complaining, we were shown another unacceptable room before moving to an upgraded nicer 2 bedroom suite. We were improperly charged $31 after checkout for mini bar items we did not use. Called hotel which said they would review, ut never issued credit. Called again two weeks later and front desk said we had to speak to reservations. After 10 minutes on hold, we were told they would call back.They never did and we disputed charge with Amex. Hotel location is good and valet parking was easy. Overall service fair.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Orangevale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I loved the Fortune House! We had a 2 bedroom condo with an AMAZING view of the Bay AND the pools from the 2 hotels nearby. Our jaws dropped when we opened the door. The condo is decorated in dazzling white. White tile floors with black granite counter tops, white leather sofa, clear acrylic dining room table, white curtains and bedding. The bedrooms has 1 king bed with memory foam mattress and the other has 2 twins. The master bedroom has a walk in closet and separate bathroom. Another plus is the blackout blinds. Adriana at the front desk was the most pleasant person we encountered in our 3 days in Miami. The 6th floor, outdoor rooftop pool area was very relaxing with cushioned lounge chairs and tropical landscaping. Ice cold lemon water was available for the guests. I would definitely stay here again and I will recommend it to everyone. Satellite tv included also.

There was one thing I was not satisfied with and that's the housekeeping staff. There were 3 of us in the room and they did not replace the wash cloths the second day. They took the used ones so we had none at all. They also did not clean the glass table and the wine rings from the night before were still there and there were no cleaning supplies in the kitchen-no paper towels, no soap, dish cloths or towels either so we could not wipe the counters ourselves.
Maybe they don't offer daily maid service, because it is a residential unit-but it would have been nice to know in advance. so just bring along some disposable kitchen wipes and you'll be a happy camper.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 2 bedroom BayView room on the 27th floor. I think it was room 2701-it was about 3 roo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel was recommended to me and I am still friends with this person.I would consider this my home away from home when in Miami.You have your choice of one or two bedroom suites.Full Kitchen along with washer and dryer.There is an outdoor pool(which I did not get to use) but I did get you use the gym and the washer and dryer.The girls at the front desk were amazing.From checking me in to getting me Miami Heat tickets the whole experience was fantastic.Now it is not directly downtown Miami it is in Bicknell.A wonderful little community with tons of shopping and places to eat all within walking distance.There is also a trolley car that will take you all the way to Biscayne Blvd.If your going on a cruise the cost of a cab is $13.00 from the hotel to the port.There is a resort fee of $10.00 but with all there is I feel it was well worth it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
North Massapequa, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

If you're like me, you wonder when reading hotel reviews how there could be such a great disparity of experience at the same property. Well, I found a perfect example of how this happens at the Fortune House. Personally, my husband and I loved our stay there. We paid for a one bedroom, but were upgraded to a two, bedroom, two bath unit with a fantastic view of Biscayne Bridge and Biscayne Bay - to die for. Our friends paid the same price (which was most reasonable, given we were in high season) and got just a run of the mill one bedroom unit which was not as well maintained as ours, plus it had no view from the balcony. So if my friends reviewed this hotel, their review would be quite different.

I figured out from speaking to some of the people in the lobby that this building was indeed both a hotel and condos - some people own their units. Our experience with breakfast was much better than what I read on some other reviews. Hopefully management read some of them and improved their service. The food was very good and help was there if you needed it. A very pleasant surprise was the part of Miami the "hotel" was located in. It was very close to the bay, but in a very upscale commercial area. Zero fears about safety and easy walking distance to some restaurants and shops. Plus we had a great view of the pool and entertainment area of one of the Four Seasons - one of the most expensive hotels in the area. Bottom line? I'm not sure, but if you can arrange to rent a two-bedroom, two-bath on Floor 15 or higher (we were on 22) for a reasonable price, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bridge and bay on Floor 15 or higher.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

THis is a great choice for a family who needs space, no frills and is looking to pay far less than the average price of 2 hotel rooms. But, we had a few very minor maintenance problems, breakfast hours are short and service is poor. Front desk personal are not very professional, although the valet parking service is quite good. For a night or two this is a good option, but not a destination/vacation hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fortune House Hotel? Share your experiences!