“Good room, AWFUL crew.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fortune House Luxury Apartment Suites

You added Fortune House Luxury Apartment Suites to your Saves list
Fortune House Luxury Apartment Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   185 SE 14 Terrace, Miami, FL 33131 (Formerly Fortune House Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #55 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Brasília
“Good room, AWFUL crew.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed there for two nights. The crew is terrible. They've made confusions with my reservations, they wanted to have my mother out of her room before the check-out! The bellmen are a bunch of lazy fellows and are not willing to help at all.

The only good thing is that the rooms are huge and that we were close enough to Miami Beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I put in 200$ cash as a deposit, first they said we'll get it back in a form of a cheque during check out. So I said ok, come check out apparently the person that issues the cheques weren't there. From there I was upset but the person offered an EXPRESS SHIP of the cheque to my house, so I said ok. I went on a 6day cruise after check out thinking that the cheque should be in my mailbox, came home and needless to say IT WASN'T THERE!!! So I called and then later found out that they didn't ship until 3 days after check out and to makes things worse, it went as regular mail!! They didn't even apologize and said it would take 8-10 business days, I'm fuming but I gave them one more chance. 2 and a half weeks later an it's still not here so I called today and they said they're resending it AGAIN THROUGH REGULAR MAIL!!!! This is terrible service, not even express and no tracking number!!! Don't recommend it, they're not very professional about this whole situation. For all I know someone in their office staff pocketed it..

• Stayed January 2013
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I am unsure why all the bad reviews are on here...stayed there last weekend and it was great. Room was spacious and clean, great view of the bay, friendly staff! would definately stay there again. Got an entire apt for half of what a room would have cost me at the four seasons or JW Marriott. A great bargain!

Room Tip: pay the extra for the bayview rooms and request a floor that is high up.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had an overnight stay in this hotel , along with many other family members who were there for a wedding. To list everything that went wrong would take a long time but to start with, my husband was again charged for the room when checking in, even though it was pre-paid. He was told it would be refunded within 3 days---3 weeks after when I complained, they claimed it was an "oversight" and had I not contacted them, I would never have gotten part of my money back. Yes, only "part" because they added bar charges (which we did not use) and other charges, so I am still out over $30. The breakfast fiasco was incredible: no plates, cutlery or cups and we were told we had to "share" plates !! People were trying to get their hands on at least a muffin and a napkin....but alas....napkins ran out and so did the food !!
Did the staff seem distressed ? Not in the least !
This place was unbelievable and I am aghast as to why they are still open.
Please do not be fooled by the advertising--stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our family stayed for 1 week, and we are looking forward to coming back! The staff was very friendly, the baclony was ok. The rooms are adequate-meaning not large but enough room to relax in. The kids played a lot in the swim pool.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

For 240 plus 20 for valet parking you can find much better deals. The hot water was just warm, and I did not have internet! I went twice to report this issue to the front desk ,but they did not fix it. They was very unfriendly. Avoid this hotel. The room was Ok (nothing fency ) ,small balcony (best thing) and clean.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Our family stayed in one of the two bedroom condo's for three days prior to our departure on a cruise on November 27, 2012. Upon pulling up to the hotel, it looked very nice. The staff was very friendly, but no one spoke of very good english. The appearance at first glance did not seem bad of the room. As the day went on, we had discovered that none of the TV's worked. We had to call the front desk to have them come up and fix them. Prior to going to bed, I went to lower the blinds in the one bedroom. The one blind was jammed and could not be lowered.....the blinds were pulled up as high as they could go. Needless to say, when it became daylight out....I had the pleasure of waking up with the morning sun at 6:00am whether I wanted to or not. Plus not to mention....I had no privacy in the bedroom. They had a complimentary coffee packet on the kitchen counter, but no coffee pot to make the coffee. A drawer was broken off of the one dresser in the bedroom, and half of the light bulbs were blown out in the lights. The next morning, I had reqested two extra blankets from the front desk. They brougt two up while we were out. These blankets were NASTY. They were dirty brown and hard!.....they looked as if they pulled them off of some homeless person on the street. The room was not very clean at all! Also, their was complimentary breakfast that the hotel offered, but they did not offer this information at check in.....I found out about it after reading all the reviews after our stay, Needless to say, this was a horrible place to stay. When we brought it to the front desk's attention, all's they had to say was SORRY! I called after I got home and requested to speak to a manager, but they said she was on the other line and would call back. It's been a month later, and I am still waiting to get that call back.....I would stay at a SUPER 8 before I go back to this place!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fortune House Luxury Apartment Suites? Share your experiences!