“Great visit!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove

You added Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2835 Tigertail Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #67 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Lakeland, Florida
“Great visit!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We went down here for a concert and our stay was great!!! The hotel doesn't look good from the outside as it has an ugly gray color but inside was really nude. The staff was extremely nice and the rooms were great!!! I would recommend this hotel and we would stay there again!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

A decidedly sub-par Hotel. The Residence Inn in Coconut Grove is a VERY tired old hotel. The elevator is the SLOWEST I have ever had the misfortune to ride and the property is so outdated it is absolutely scary. Furniture is poor, amenities are non-existent, and they charge $20.00 for parking. Do yourself a favor and park 1/2 a block away free. The neighborhoods are very safe and you can avoid the usual Marriott Nickle/Dime Routine.

The young lady who checked me in had trouble finding my name, even after I repeated it 3-times. She was totally out of it and probably was the best they could find. This property is definitely an employer of last resort, not an employer of choice.

Do yourself a favor, pay the extra money to stay at something that meets the Marriott Standards.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere for a good room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank You so much for taking the time to review our property. I am very sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations. We are indeed under renovation and are very excited as the finished product will be outstanding. We sure hope you give us another try.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed here a few years ago and were excited to stay here again for a couple of nights before going to Ecuador. We loved the location because it's walking distance to many restaurants and activities. We were disappointed with the condition of the hotel. Our first room was lacking a closet door and had a strange noise coming from the air conditioner. Our second room was better and only lacked doors on the pantry. Both rooms looked worn and in need of updating. The breakfast was pretty standard. Which was ok for the price. We will probably stay there again, but only after the renovations have been completed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tarpon Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Although our complaints are not related to the renovations occurring, maybe the stress of them contributed to our concerns. This was not the best Residence Inn we've stayed at. Compared to others the breakfast was lacking and was served on styrofoam plates with plastic utensils and cups. The hallways are outdoors, similar to a motel, which is different. Parking is $20 per night and the underground garage is secure. The location is excellent, although the street was closed due to area construction (would have been nice to have gotten an email from the hotel about this prior to arrival). We had booked a two bedroom, two bath suite; with the two baths being necessary due to medical conditions. When we arrived we did have to wait for our room and then were given a two bedroom one bath. When we went downstairs to request a move, we were told that all of the two bedroom, two bath suites were in the building that was currently under renovation. When I said that two bathrooms were really needed, the clerk told me even though it was a prepaid reservation she would refund my money and we could go elsewhere. !!! Really? That's the first response? I couldn't even think of anything to say at first, then explained that given the hour, the fact that one member of our party had gotten lost on her way to the hotel and was still en route, and our unfamiliarity with the area that didn't seem like a great option. Next she said she could call the Residence Inn by the airport and see what they had available, but she didn't think they had anything either. At this point I had recovered somewhat and suggested they give us two rooms so we would have two bathrooms--that it wouldn't be ideal, but it would mean we'd have the two bathrooms. So she looked it up and told us how much more that would cost! At this point my husband interjected and said that they should be covering the cost of any room change, we should not have to and the clerk said she'd have to check with her manager and asked us if that's what we really wanted to do. She seemed very put out by the whole thing and less than willing to help. After several minutes she came back and announced we would just be given a second room and got our keys without a smile, or chitchat or any welcoming gestures. We thanked her several times and went up to rearrange things. We enjoyed being in the Grove, but not so sure we'd chance this hotel again if we wanted a two bedroom two bath suite.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Me and my husband stayed there for 4 days. It was a great experience, rooms were decent, location was great, complementary breakfast and very friendly and helping staff. I don't understand why there are negative comments, at this price no one can find a better place. Every famous tourist place was kind of under 10 to 20 minutes driving area. They also have their own fitness center. We enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank You so much for staying with us and thank you so much for your great comments. We are so very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Plantation, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at many Residence Inns over a period of years, so when we had the chance to visit Coconut Grove, Florida, we decided to try the location there. The staff was very courteous and helpful upon arrival and check-in. However, when we got to our room we were disappointed. Some of the kitchen cabinets were chipped and in need of repair. The room itself had a musty odor. The bathroom shower had a weak water flow. There evening "socials" were also not very enticing. The food wasn't very good. One good thing about the hotel was its proximity to Cocowalk, which was a 10 minute walk. I think the hotel needs a complete overhaul. I still love Residence Inns, but would hesitate to return to this one.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank You so much for staying with us and for your comments. I am so sorry that you were not pleased with your accommodations. Please know that on April 7th we had started the task of complete room renovations. When we are through I feel completely confident that you will be impressed with the results. I do hope we see you again and are able to show you the very exciting renovations.

florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

If you are looking for a moderately priced hotel for post op recovery, I would definitely recommend this property. It is directly across the street from the Ritz Carlton where I spent my first 2 nights after my surgery with private duty nursing, so it is very convenient to my surgeons office.

Although it looks a little institutional on the outside, the rooms are very clean and nicely appointed. We stayed in Unit 1313 which is a one bedroom apartment on the third floor (there is an elevator) with a fully equipped kitchen. They will even do your grocery shopping if you give them a list. The apartment backed up to a small apartment complex and I never heard any noise which is important to me as I am a light sleeper. They also have a breakfast buffet every morning with hot and cold items.

My husband loved it because he could relax and watch tv in the living room while I napped in the bedroom and also he could make me the low salt meals recommended by my surgeon in the kitchen.

The front office staff was also very accommodating when I transferred from their partner hotel, the Ritz Carlton by giving me an early check in and also a late check out to accommodate my afternoon post op appointment.

There is a Fresh Market nearby for healthy grocery shopping and a very nice theater a couple of blocks away where we saw a couple of movies when I was well enough to go out.

Thank you Residence Inn Coconut Grove!

Room Tip: Room 1313 was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
I am so happy that we met all your needs and you enjoyed your stay. We are very happy that you are on the road to recovery. We hope your next stay is just to relax.

Thanks again,

Dan Rutan

Been to Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!