“A Disappointment” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2835 Tigertail Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #65 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Plantation, Florida
“A Disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at many Residence Inns over a period of years, so when we had the chance to visit Coconut Grove, Florida, we decided to try the location there. The staff was very courteous and helpful upon arrival and check-in. However, when we got to our room we were disappointed. Some of the kitchen cabinets were chipped and in need of repair. The room itself had a musty odor. The bathroom shower had a weak water flow. There evening "socials" were also not very enticing. The food wasn't very good. One good thing about the hotel was its proximity to Cocowalk, which was a 10 minute walk. I think the hotel needs a complete overhaul. I still love Residence Inns, but would hesitate to return to this one.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank You so much for staying with us and for your comments. I am so sorry that you were not pleased with your accommodations. Please know that on April 7th we had started the task of complete room renovations. When we are through I feel completely confident that you will be impressed with the results. I do hope we see you again and are able to show you the very exciting renovations.

Dan Rutan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

If you are looking for a moderately priced hotel for post op recovery, I would definitely recommend this property. It is directly across the street from the Ritz Carlton where I spent my first 2 nights after my surgery with private duty nursing, so it is very convenient to my surgeons office.

Although it looks a little institutional on the outside, the rooms are very clean and nicely appointed. We stayed in Unit 1313 which is a one bedroom apartment on the third floor (there is an elevator) with a fully equipped kitchen. They will even do your grocery shopping if you give them a list. The apartment backed up to a small apartment complex and I never heard any noise which is important to me as I am a light sleeper. They also have a breakfast buffet every morning with hot and cold items.

My husband loved it because he could relax and watch tv in the living room while I napped in the bedroom and also he could make me the low salt meals recommended by my surgeon in the kitchen.

The front office staff was also very accommodating when I transferred from their partner hotel, the Ritz Carlton by giving me an early check in and also a late check out to accommodate my afternoon post op appointment.

There is a Fresh Market nearby for healthy grocery shopping and a very nice theater a couple of blocks away where we saw a couple of movies when I was well enough to go out.

Thank you Residence Inn Coconut Grove!

Room Tip: Room 1313 was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
I am so happy that we met all your needs and you enjoyed your stay. We are very happy that you are on the road to recovery. We hope your next stay is just to relax.

Thanks again,

albany ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

needed 2 bedrooms for the 5 of us cruising out of Miami location was great was a bit pricey at 340 a night but came with breakfast. Sat by the pool then we walked to the restaurants for dinner, checked in early checked out late

Room Tip: we had a 2 bedroom 2 bath
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and we are so very Happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again before your next cruise.

Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We just enjoyed a 3 day stay at the Residence Inn Coconut Grove for a vacation in Miami. The location of the hotel is great. You can walk all around Coconut Grove, which seems to be one of the only safely walkable areas of the city. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. We had a suite, although it was more like the size of a regular hotel room. There's a little kitchen which we didn't use (except the refrigerator). It was well stocked with dishes, glasses, silverware, etc. The hotel is meticulously clean, the beds comfortable and the internet connection totally adequate. The daily hot breakfast included in the room rate is a definite plus. We went to the midweek social hour one day and it was pleasant. The smallish pool is nice to sit around. A lot of children seemed to really be enjoying the swim, but I didn't take the plunge. There are actually 2 pools. My only complaint, which is pretty minor, is that although the rooms have balconies, there are no chairs to sit outside which would have been nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your comments and thank you for staying with us.

Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

As previous reviewers have stated, this hotel is older. I am not sure how old but I would say circa 1960s. The cleanliness for an older facility is up to Marriott standards. We stayed with a free category 4 certificate from Marriott, so we did not pay for the room. We did pay $20 for parking which was secure. The area surrounding the facility and parking is very secure with locked gates. By the way, the Ritz Carlton is across the street, so the location is excellent. We walked downtown to Jaguar, an excellent restaurant, for dinner and it was about a 15 minute pleasant walk. After dinner we walked to the nearby yacht club and up past the Ritz, about a 30 minute walk. The breakfast was very good. The staff was attentive and very friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank You very much for your comments and for staying with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Please make sure to come back and see us as we are renovating our guest rooms this summer and I am sure you will be impressed with the finished product.

Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Well kept residence inn for long term stays. Rooms complete with refrigerator, stove, pots and pans, coffee maker, sink and dishwasher. Ironing board in room too. Very nice rooms. A good cost saver is that breakfast is free and that Tues-Friday beer/wine is provided with hot snaks during the dinner period. Washer and Dryers are available. Note that 20 dollar per day parking is charged separately from room bill. Its a nice place for the value.

Room Tip: Choose rooms to the right as you enter the hotel. They are border to the parking lot and are away fr...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return visit.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

This totally unpretentious hotel offers all the comforts one can imagine and more. It is comfortable, clean, and the staff really try to make their guests feel welcome. If your travels call for a stay in Coconut Grove, I highly recommend this place. I would rate it higher than some hotels of the Marriott Autograph Collection! (They also serve a great buffet breakfast that was included in our room rate).

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank You so much for your comments and for staying with us. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again

Dan Rutan

Been to Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!