“Lovely surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2835 Tigertail Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #68 of 129 hotels in Miami
Singapore, Singapore
“Lovely surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

This totally unpretentious hotel offers all the comforts one can imagine and more. It is comfortable, clean, and the staff really try to make their guests feel welcome. If your travels call for a stay in Coconut Grove, I highly recommend this place. I would rate it higher than some hotels of the Marriott Autograph Collection! (They also serve a great buffet breakfast that was included in our room rate).

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank You so much for your comments and for staying with us. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Our stay here could have been much better. Had to ask twice for everything as English was a second language although most of the staff were friendly. Ran out of food half way through at Managers Reception each evening we attended. Bananas and oranges were available the first day for breakfast but after that only a few oranges each morning, we had to go to the grocery store for fruit. The cut fruit was melon everyday. A nice touch was the baby red potatoes.
Our room...lots very small ants in the kitchen. Kitchen was dirty with hair on floor among other stuff, stove top dirty from previous guest. Internet was slow. TV would cut out for 5-45 seconds constantly while trying to watch a show, showed front desk a video of it and they said sorry, try the higher channels?
Area around the hotel appeared nice but every morning 3-4 police officers enjoying breakfast buffett made us wonder about the area.
I would probably not stay here again if other choices were available.
The first picture illustrates the frustration of our experience at the hotel (pic is funny though).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank You so much for your comments and for staying with us. I apologize that you had some issues with your request, and assure you that your comments will be used to educate our staff to properly follow through with request. You will be please to know that we are renovating all of our guest rooms so the room issues will be become void during that time. As a Marriott Hotel we strive to provide our guest with superior service, so that we become their home away from home. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review for our hotel, and we hope to be able to serve you again in the future.
austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hello
Its a well kept hotel that used to be an apartment complex. So dont expect your regular Residence Inn Hotel here.
Service was great, a bit expensive for what the hotel has to offer, a few issues with no working tvs, etc but nothing to worry.

My main observation is that the Hotel is not a newly built Residence Inn but a renovated Apartment Complex transformed as a Hotel, which for a $160 nightly rate, I was expecting something else

Stayed December 2013
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank You so much for your comments and for staying with us. Although our hotel is a conversation it is like many Residence Inn's offering extra spacious guest rooms, kitchens in every room and complimentary breakfast as well as social hours.. You will be please to know that we are renovating all of our guest rooms in 2014 and hope you will return to give us a try.

Portimao, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The room was fine, typical of this type of hotel. The main disappointment was finding that the pools are basically in the parking lot, little to no vegetation, surrounded by buildings so as to get no sunlight and certainly not heated. So much for taking swim in Miami!

Breakfast was also typical of this type of hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank You so much for staying with us and for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations but I am so sorry that our pools fell short. We do have two pools and one may be exposed more than the other to the sun, however,I would say that they are located in courtyards of their respective buildings and not in the parking lot.

Thank You again and we certainly hope to see you on your return visit.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was just about perfect for me, loads of space, everything you needed and everything worked. The breakfast was good, relaxed atmosphere. Only downside was that parking was a little expensive. From now on, I will always stay at a residence inn if I can, I liked it so much.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank You so much for trying us out!! We are so pleased to hear that you liked us so much that you are now a Residence Inn convert.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed here one night after a late appointment at the UHZ doctor's office in Coral Gables. Because I had foot surgery the accessible room made it much more comfortable than a standard room. The bathroom was especially well equipped. We really appreciated being able to have something to eat for dinner without having to go back out. Nothing fancy in the evening or breakfast buffet but it was nice to have them available. The grounds of the hotel were very nice. There were tables and barbeque grills available in courtyard outside our room. The room was very clean but did have a bit of a cleaning material smell. We would have loved to have had some Febreze. The entire staff was very pleasant and efficient. We will stay here when we come back for our next doctor's visit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. I hope your foot is healing nicely.
We look forward to your next visit.

São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I arrived here in november 24 around 11:30 pm. I've been to a lot of hotels and seen a lot of stuff however an abandoned hotel, that's a first.

No one was at the check in desk or any other hotel area for that matter, i even tried the abandoned radio in the desk for no effect.

After waiting for 30 mins and almost leaving to another hotel with my small kids an employee showed up in a hurry and took care of me, told me that an employee (the only one in property) was stuck in the bathroom in bad shape. The next day the manager told me that he actually was attending an emergency in one of the rooms and offered me an 80 dollars discount (i accepted). The actuall employee told me that he simply left because the other one was too late.

Tip for managers: get your story straight

That said. Rooms are outdated, with holes in the curtains, room is badly equipped when compared with other residence inns, I was told there were no baking pans, when I asked why there was an oven in the room the staff actually told me to go buy a new baking pan if I wished to use the oven. Even pointing out that I was getting there with 5 persons, only 4 towels were provided. Sofa bed was not done with bed sheets, even after I pointed out that I was arriving late. Bathrooms are really small.

Overall the worst residence inn I've been, and I visited some. Sub standard by any means.

Stayed November 2013
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank You for your comments. I am so very sorry that there was some miscommunication at the Front Desk. There was an issue with the two changing shifts and we have addressed that going forward, however, the property was not left unattended at anytime. I also regret that you did not care for your suite. Please know that we will be renovation our Guest Suites in 2014.

Dan Rutan

Been to Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!