“Great location and customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2835 Tigertail Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #64 of 130 hotels in Miami
palm coast, FL
“Great location and customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel was in a nice neighborhood and near the main part Coconut Grove. We enjoyed walking to the great local restaurants in the shopping areas The staff was very helpful, efficient and customer service oriented.
We had a one room suite with a well equipped kitchen, which was very satisfactory for us. They had a nice breakfast buffet. They also had a social From 6 to 730 in the evenings with wine and beer and soft drinks, but we were never there to attend that.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I'm generally a big fan of Marriott Residence Inn because I enjoy the benefits of the Residence Inn's two bedroom suites when I'm traveling with my son. I chose this hotel for that reason, and it was relatively close to the University of Miami, they have a special university rate, and we had an early tour booked. The hotel lobby is fine and looks more modern than the rest of the property. The rooms are in need of an update. With that said, I have to admit that the beds are extremely comfortable, we had a wonderful night's sleep, and the breakfast buffet was tasty. Not too sure about the immediate surrounding neighborhood but the front desk clerk assured us it was a safe neighborhood. We discoverd that there are a lot of stores, restaurants, shops within a 10 minute walk. We walked to the Peacock Garden Cafe for dinner, which was absolutely delicious!

The university rate made this stay a bargain, but I'm not sure I would stay here if I had to pay full price...don't think it would be worth the money.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank You so much for staying with us. I'm so glad you had a comfortable night sleep and enjoyed the Breakfast. We are right next door to Coco Walk and all the outstanding shopping that you enjoyed. As of June this year the hotel is under new ownership and management as a result we are planning a very extensive renovation in 2014. Were sure do hope to see you on your return trip through Coconut Grove.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

The furniture was dirty. The inside of the kitchen cabinets were extremely worn as were the bathroom cabinets. I did not dare put my bare feet on the carpet. One of the beds did not have a headboard so if you sit up in bed and lean back you are leaning against tired drapes.

• Stayed August 2013
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your comments. I am so sorry that your room did not live up to your expectations. The hotel is under new ownership and although I believe the room you stayed in was the exception and not the norm we are doing a full renovation next year. I do hope you will give us another try.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My Husband and I took a much needed vacation to Miami and found this wonderful hotel online due to the excellent price and the area of Coconut Grove. Cynthia, at the front desk, was incredibly helpful, professional and friendly, answering all of my questions regarding our stay and what to expect. What makes this hotel a true gem is what others have been commenting...the EXCELLENT STAFF! Richard, the Chief Engineer, was attentive, professional, yet extremely personable with all the residents dining there, having friendly, jovial chats with everyone around. He made you feel truly welcomed. Didn't seem like we were staying at a hotel, but someone's house. Gilma, Executive Housekeeper, was such a sweetheart, enthusiastically asking us about our travels and also making us feel at home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hello Espanola76, I am so delighted that you experienced such a great stay! I have to agree that we do have an excellent staff. I will be sure to pass your comments on to Gilma, Richard and the entire staff. We look forwrd to your return.

West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Don't be fooled when they tell you the hotel was renovated in 2013. The rooms are from the 80's at best. The rooms are run down and dirty....don't take your shoes off. This hotel makes the Motel 6 look good. Marriott is not what it used to be when it has a property like this.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Good Day T F, First let me apologize for a stay that appears to have missed it's mark. I do want to let you know that the hotel is under new management and ownership only since June. The rooms have not been renovated in 2013, however, we do plan on a total renovation in 2014 . I do hope you will give us another try.

Kingstown, St. Vincent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We often travel to Miami on business and pleasure and have stayed at various hotels over the years. For the last three trips we have stayed at the marriot residence Inns and will only stay here in future. The Coconut Grove RI is easy walking distance to some really nice restaurants, a movie theater and smale-scale shopping, so my family were happy while I did business. Good facilities, including the wi-fi and breakfast, very professional staff.
On this trip we had our adult daughter with us, so booked a room with a sofa bed, which was OK if you have a limited budget, but when returning after a trip to the Keys, we chose the 2-bed suite - what a difference! definitely worth the extra money.

Room Tip: if staying with 3 adults, pay the extra for a two-bed suite, they are well worth the extra $60
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Hi Ken P, Thank you for staying with us and am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Allen, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The hotel itself was clean and nicely kept. It's within walking distance of the central Coconut Grove shopping and dining district, (about 2-3 blocks). The morning breakfast was fairly decent with scrambled eggs, some style of potatoes and a breakfast meat everyday. It also had all the usual breakfast buffet stuff like waffles, fruit, cereals, bagels, etc. The staff were helpful and courteous. I know you are all looking for any negatives I have so here goes:
1. Underground, self-parking garage was $15 a day. (seems high but it's so Miami...)
2. Toilet was a slow flusher. Often took two flushes for just TP.
3. 20 mins from the ocean beaches.
Other than that, it was an easy 3.5 stars.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have a view worth paying for.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Hello Fathernson7, First I would like to thank you for staying with us. I am also happy that you enjoyed your stay. As the new General Manager though I am going to work hard to "WoW" you so that you feel we are a lot more than the better side of average. I look forward to your next sty.

Dan Rutan

Been to Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!