“The good side of average.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2835 Tigertail Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #68 of 129 hotels in Miami
Allen, Texas
“The good side of average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The hotel itself was clean and nicely kept. It's within walking distance of the central Coconut Grove shopping and dining district, (about 2-3 blocks). The morning breakfast was fairly decent with scrambled eggs, some style of potatoes and a breakfast meat everyday. It also had all the usual breakfast buffet stuff like waffles, fruit, cereals, bagels, etc. The staff were helpful and courteous. I know you are all looking for any negatives I have so here goes:
1. Underground, self-parking garage was $15 a day. (seems high but it's so Miami...)
2. Toilet was a slow flusher. Often took two flushes for just TP.
3. 20 mins from the ocean beaches.
Other than that, it was an easy 3.5 stars.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have a view worth paying for.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Hello Fathernson7, First I would like to thank you for staying with us. I am also happy that you enjoyed your stay. As the new General Manager though I am going to work hard to "WoW" you so that you feel we are a lot more than the better side of average. I look forward to your next sty.

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
NYC, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at the Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove for more than two weeks on business, so I got to know the property pretty well.
The location is very convenient, and my room was clean, quiet and roomy - although decorated in standard nondescript hotel style.
The staff is great at this location. Helpful, polite and responsive. The 'business center' is two computers and a printer, but if you need anything else, they are glad to provide it.
I saw a lot of families during my stay, and this strikes me as a great hotel for a family trip. It's inexpensive, clean, has all the necessary amenities (diy waffle maker at breakfast) and is within walking distance of a bunch of restaurants, and activities (a rarity in Miami). There is a (very) small gym, two (very) small pools, and a laundry room on the premises.
Things to keep in mind:
There is NO room service. Not a big deal because of the full kitchens in the rooms, but when you are working long hours, you need to plan ahead. Some local restaurants deliver, but the selection is limited.
The hotel is pet-friendly. I saw absolutely no evidence of pet hair in my room, but if you have allergies, you might want to contact the hotel ahead of time to double check your accommodations.
The W-Fi is free, but like most hotels it goes through some sort of gateway. In my case, my gmail accounts did not like the application that you must use to access the internet and I was locked out of my email due to "suspicious activity" until I got to a wired connection and re-set my accounts.
The elevator is THE SLOWEST in history. It's almost funny. I try to stay on the top floor of hotels when I can because it's usually quieter, but waiting for the elevator became an item in my daily itinerary so I could be sure that I left enough time for it. And why is it that hotel TVs never have an on-screen guide?
This is not a romantic hotel to sleep in late. The mornings tend to be noisy between cleaning staff in the corridors, doors slamming and trucks outside, but for business or family travel, it's a gem.

Room Tip: The top floor is quiet, but the elevator is slow. The hotel is pet-friendly, call ahead if you have...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hi Kika2000,

Thank You so much for staying with us! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to your return.

Winter Haven, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Spent a week on a Business trip, visiting Miami Beach convention Center. Althought you must have a car to reach the convention center, I found that the hotel was in a manageable distance to the Miami Beach Convention center. The service and facilities was excellent for the purpose of Bussiness o family visits as such. the two pools were extremely small for any real recreational value for true pool fans, more like kiddy pool solutions. Walking distance to Coco Walk shopping area, a bit small and limited, but still very close for a quick fix of food or last minute of forgotten needs...
Hotel is nestled in a good residential area in the Heart of Downtown Coconut Grove... Plenty of off hotel parking, plus hotel offers in house parking for a fee...
I would recomend this hotel for Extended Stay Bussiness Trips for those of you with a cooking flair, since rooms have basic full kitchens, and for budget minded Family trips. I must note that the price is very reasonable for this area since is is with in striking distance to Dolphin Mall, International Mall , Aventura Mall, Miami Beach, and Downtown Miami...

Room Tip: Hi Floor in Tower Building... Reasonable complimentary Hot Breakfast...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hello Travelviper, I am very glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed two nights in one of their two bedroom suites.
The case for: The staff is awesome. They go the extra mile to make your stay as relaxing as possible. Even if the room was only fair the staff alone make it worth staying here. The room, however, was very clean and had all the extras anyone could ever want. Me, my wife, and father-in-law stayed in a two-bedroom suite for two nights. The pool is well maintained.

The case against: the noise outside may wake you up in the morning. This is probably with any hotel in the area on the first three or four floors.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, including friends and family. It's clean, the rates are awesome for the area, and the staff are awesome.

Extras: the internet service is really good and the cable TV worked perfectly.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suite is worth the extra money. They have a full kitchen with plates and cutlery.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan R, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Good Day Sean H,

Thank You so much for staying with us and I am so Happy you enjoyed your stay. I will share your comments with the staff. I am the Brand new General Manager for this hotel and Both the Staff and myself are committed to providing the highest level of Guest Service.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Marriott in Coconut grove. Up points - Great room with a sea view and a large balcony overlooking the pool area. Because of the hotels location, the area is a little quieter and the pool was almost empty every day. great market over the road and Montys or Scottys landing to chose from for food and drink - both on the water. The shower pressure was amazing for Miami and was very welcome. negative points - can be far to get to south beach if you want to go there although coco walk can be very lively. room did not have a fridge so was a pain to keep bottle of water in ice bucket.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to an ocean view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Hotel-Hopper-77,

Thank you so much for staying with us and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am the new General Manager for the property and will make sure that all of our guests have a great experience as well. I am not sure what may have happened with the refrgerator as that was before my arrival but I can say that indeed all of our rooms do have refrigerators. Thank you again.

Hermosa Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I was attending a conference in Miami and had to stay at the Residents Inn since the conference hotel was oversold.

They have Internet and breakfast- not really not that great for business. This is more of a family budget/value hotel. My room was very large with a kitchen, separate bedroom and living room but, no room service, gym, or restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I feel like home in this hotel. I was here 7 times before and I still like it, the only problem is that they should have a safe inside the room, I don´t know why the Residence Inn doesn´t. The breakfast is very good, the staff friendly, what i didn´t like is guest doing a "bar b que" by the pool on sunday, it was awfull, it´s a home away from home, but not that much!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!