“Best Spring Break Hotel in Coconut Grove” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2835 Tigertail Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #64 of 130 hotels in Miami
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Spring Break Hotel in Coconut Grove”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed in this hotel over spring break along with the rest of my sailing team and it was the perfect hotel! To start off-- the food rocks. They have complementary dinners from 5-6:30, which was perfect for a post-practice meal. The breakfast has so many options and is different each day. Never have I stayed in a hotel before with such impressive complementary meals. Employees were super helpful and worked to get us everything we needed. This hotel was pretty chill too, didn't complain about us all partying outside or anything. The pool/grill area is great for a big group of people. Room wise this hotel is impressive. The two bedroom rooms w/ living areas provide so much room and can comfortably fit 7+ people. Location wise this hotel is perfect for young people looking to go to the beach and experience the cute downtown of Coconut Grove. Loved staying here and would recommend it to anyone (and especially sailors!), thank you Marriott!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Having now been there for 2 weeks, I feel fully qualified to comment on this hotel. It is GREAT for a short or long term stay. Super central to the Gables and the Grove, reasonably priced, AWESOME breakfast, nice happy hour with nibbles during the week. Secure parking.

You get a big studio with a baby kitchen so you can eat or snack. The internet works great - the gym is nice.

But the BEST part about this hotel - hands down - IS THE STAFF!!! I have stayed at top, top hotels (Grosvenor - London) where the staff weren't as nice and accomodating. EVERYONE is great - even the maids!!!

And you can walk to the Grove shopping and dining area in about 5 minutes (parking in the Grove is $$.)

Totally recommended - We just put our corporate account there.

The Chief Engineer even gave us tips for finding a place to live, as we are relocating.

Room Tip: The ones ending in 29 have nice balconies!!! Ask more about this! And they are PET FRIENDLY!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Springfield, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have to start out by stating that we travel a lot and prefer to stay at Marriott brand hotels. We have stayed at a lot of different Residence Inn hotels over the past 5 years, but this one was a major disappointment. When I walked in the door to check in, the guy at the front desk just kind of looked at me, he didn't ask "Hi, how may I help you?. He just looked at me. I told him we had reservations. Being Gold members, I would have thought he would have been a little friendlier once he looked up our reservation. But this was not the case. I figured he must be having a bad day and I wasn't going to let it ruin the beginning of my vacation. We booked a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite because we had 5 adults. Let's just say this wasn't a typical 2 br/2bath suite at a Residence Inn. The building is very old and the doors open to the outside, kind of like a motel. The living room was very small, definately not big enough for the 5 of us to sit around. The kitchen was nice, the bathrooms were small. The room had a stale smell, almost like it hadn't been rented for a while. About 30 minutes after we checked in, we discovered that there was feces on the outside of the toilet. I immediately called the front desk and housekeeping arrived within 3 minutes of my call. They were very apologetic. I wasn't too upset because the bathroom was very small and I don't think they would have seen it unless they stood out in the hallway and looked at the toilet. The breakfast was very good. My main complaint was that the carpets were very worn, the room smelled closed up and the bedding was not the usual Marriott quality. The pull out couch was very bad. I don't recommend anyone to use this as a bed. We paid over $300 for this room, it wasn't worth over $150 a night. We only spent one night here, if we had reservations for more than one night I would have seriously reconsidered staying the second night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Quito, Ecuador
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We got a government rate at the last minute. Service was very good, staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is conveniently located within a 1/2 kilometer walk to Coco Walk, a nice, upscale shopping center with a Gap, Victoria's Secret, sports stores, Johnny Rockets, and other good food options. The area is safe and well-lit. It is also within a short walk to a nearby marina. There is an elevated train within 20 minutes walking for access to the airport, the Dadeland Shopping mall, and more. The cab ride took about 30 minutes and cost $30, including tip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
La Paz, Bolivia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The property was great. I stayed for about two weeks and the room was great. Two adults, a baby, and two dogs, we all fit and enjoyed our stay. Great happy hour and breakfast. The number one thing about this hotel was the staff. They went out of their way to accommodate us and make us feel welcome.
They let us checkout late, and when we missed our flight gave us our room back with no issues.

All of the staff spoke with us on a personal level and were very helpful. This is why I think this is one of the better places to stay in Miami. Not to mention you are only 3 blocks from Coco Walk. great location, good condition and friendly staff.

Room Tip: If you stay on the first floor you will hear people rolling luggage in front of your room, so maybe...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Melissa R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear ranger0793,

I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review for our hotel. We greatly enjoy hearing that our guest find that our service and staff were able to provide them above and beyond service. We also do love to hear that our location is also something that you enjoyed during your stay. Being a Residence Inn we are able to help our guest enjoy the comforts of home with the luxury of 24/7 customer care and support.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Awesome place. Love residence inn. They don't seem to disappoint. Happy hour is awesome once again. Parking is pretty sufficient and in the property. Could be part of the package considering I.stayed 8 days. Lovely place. Quiet. So close to the local Miami spots. Quite a drive to.Miami beach though

• Stayed October 2012
Melissa R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear icyvegas,

I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review for our hotel. We greatly enjoy it when our guest find our hotel layout and size so accommodating. We all also do love to hear that our location is also something that you enjoyed during your stay. Please feel to contact me for future reservations. Thank you again for allowing us to serve you and thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our first visit to Miami and so happy we stayed here! The staff is very friendly and the fresh breakfast in the morning was excellent and FREE :-) Also love having a large fridge in the room as well as a dishwasher, stove and microwave. HBO is a nice bonus and the internet connection seemed fast and secure too. Happy couple were were and will stay again!

Room Tip: we enjoyed the 4th floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear PowerSellingMom

I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review for our hotel. We greatly enjoy it when our guest find our hotel layout and size so accommodating. We all also do love to hear that our location is also something that you enjoyed during your stay. Please feel to contact me for future reservations. Thank you again for allowing us to serve you and thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Front Office Manager

Been to Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!