“Good location, good service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove

You added Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2835 Tigertail Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #67 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Quito, Ecuador
“Good location, good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We got a government rate at the last minute. Service was very good, staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is conveniently located within a 1/2 kilometer walk to Coco Walk, a nice, upscale shopping center with a Gap, Victoria's Secret, sports stores, Johnny Rockets, and other good food options. The area is safe and well-lit. It is also within a short walk to a nearby marina. There is an elevated train within 20 minutes walking for access to the airport, the Dadeland Shopping mall, and more. The cab ride took about 30 minutes and cost $30, including tip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
La Paz, Bolivia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The property was great. I stayed for about two weeks and the room was great. Two adults, a baby, and two dogs, we all fit and enjoyed our stay. Great happy hour and breakfast. The number one thing about this hotel was the staff. They went out of their way to accommodate us and make us feel welcome.
They let us checkout late, and when we missed our flight gave us our room back with no issues.

All of the staff spoke with us on a personal level and were very helpful. This is why I think this is one of the better places to stay in Miami. Not to mention you are only 3 blocks from Coco Walk. great location, good condition and friendly staff.

Room Tip: If you stay on the first floor you will hear people rolling luggage in front of your room, so maybe...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Melissa R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear ranger0793,

I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review for our hotel. We greatly enjoy hearing that our guest find that our service and staff were able to provide them above and beyond service. We also do love to hear that our location is also something that you enjoyed during your stay. Being a Residence Inn we are able to help our guest enjoy the comforts of home with the luxury of 24/7 customer care and support.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Awesome place. Love residence inn. They don't seem to disappoint. Happy hour is awesome once again. Parking is pretty sufficient and in the property. Could be part of the package considering I.stayed 8 days. Lovely place. Quiet. So close to the local Miami spots. Quite a drive to.Miami beach though

• Stayed October 2012
Melissa R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear icyvegas,

I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review for our hotel. We greatly enjoy it when our guest find our hotel layout and size so accommodating. We all also do love to hear that our location is also something that you enjoyed during your stay. Please feel to contact me for future reservations. Thank you again for allowing us to serve you and thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our first visit to Miami and so happy we stayed here! The staff is very friendly and the fresh breakfast in the morning was excellent and FREE :-) Also love having a large fridge in the room as well as a dishwasher, stove and microwave. HBO is a nice bonus and the internet connection seemed fast and secure too. Happy couple were were and will stay again!

Room Tip: we enjoyed the 4th floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear PowerSellingMom

I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review for our hotel. We greatly enjoy it when our guest find our hotel layout and size so accommodating. We all also do love to hear that our location is also something that you enjoyed during your stay. Please feel to contact me for future reservations. Thank you again for allowing us to serve you and thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I spent a night at the Residence Inn in Coconut Grove and had a good experience. The lobby and breakfast area were clean, and breakfast staff were friendly. My room was well appointed and clean, although a bit on the older side, and very spacious and comfortable. The Wi-Fi is free and worked without any problems.

The hotel configuration isn't the easiest to understand, but I found my way around without too much trouble. Parking costs $15, so I parked at the municipal garage across the street for $5. Check in was a major hassle; the clerk swiped my card incorrectly and claimed that it had been denied. I was able to reach my credit union on the phone, and they told him to try again. (It worked.) While there is a pool and a barbecue area on the premises, unfortunately there is no hot tub.

Breakfast was included, and the selection was more extensive than I've encountered at some hotels. Besides the usual carbs, there were a few hot items and a waffle-making station. It would have been nice if the cereal bar had something like Raisin Bran.

Overall, I recommend the Residence Inn. While it does not have as much character as the Mayfair, which I stayed at the last time I visited Coconut Grove, the Residence Inn was much more to my liking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear davdaven,

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was a nice hotel even though it was in the middle of some renovations. The pool patio was awesome in my building (building two) and it had two gas barbeque pits beside it. Gated parking lot (although the spaces were a little tight to get into with a van) and the complimentary breakfast had a very decent variation of selections. They do need to get some better kits for the barbeque utensils though, or do away with the bag they keep them in all together.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor facing pool in building 2.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Lee M,

I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review for our hotel. We greatly enjoy it when our guest find our hotel layout and size so accommodating. We all also do love to hear that our location is also something that you enjoyed during your stay. Please feel to contact me for future reservations. I am happy to say that I have taken your suggestion a created a new BBQ kit for guest to use. Also that our Lobby Renovations are complete, and our rooms will be completed this year.
for our hotel.

Edison, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

this hotel should be taken off the marriott list as it gives them a black eye. The hotel was holding a block of rooms for a wedding and when I called for a reservation in that block I was told they were all gone, this was 30 minutes after the groom checked his list and told me that 7 of the 20 rooms had been reserved. After much discussion they "gave" me a room at the discounted rate, but never admitted their error. The hotel which is allegedly going through remodeling, at a snails pace, is in a section of town that requires the use of security gates on the parking lot. My room resembeled an aging hollywood actres.s who is spray painted with make-up and then tries to play a teenager.The mattress had the traditional dent in the center from too much use. The digital TV signal was so bad that the listing card provided alternative analog stations. These rooms were not in the "main" building so access to breakfast was across the parking lot which contained the pool. The pool was was the circumference of a kiddy pool but 3 1/2 feet deep.

Room Tip: You can choose a good room by selecting a different hotel, this hotel is not worth the money
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Art B,

I apologize that you had some many issues during your stay with us. We have reviewed your concerns and I am unable to find that the issues were reported to the hotel during your stay. If they were reported to the Hotel Staff we would have been able to correct them and provided you with a better stay overall. Our property spent 3 months renovating the Lobby area which has now been completed. Our pools are each 15,000 square feet, and though smaller than a large full service hotel we do have two of these pools to facilitate our entire hotel. I also apologize that your room was not to the style that was acceptable for your stay. I can say that we are going to be renovating our hotel rooms this year. I thank you again for having taken the time to post a review for our hotel and I hope that we are able to serve you again in the future.

Front Office Manager

Been to Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!