“Great Property If Rate Is Reasonable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2835 Tigertail Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #65 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Berkeley, California
“Great Property If Rate Is Reasonable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I spent a night at the Residence Inn in Coconut Grove and had a good experience. The lobby and breakfast area were clean, and breakfast staff were friendly. My room was well appointed and clean, although a bit on the older side, and very spacious and comfortable. The Wi-Fi is free and worked without any problems.

The hotel configuration isn't the easiest to understand, but I found my way around without too much trouble. Parking costs $15, so I parked at the municipal garage across the street for $5. Check in was a major hassle; the clerk swiped my card incorrectly and claimed that it had been denied. I was able to reach my credit union on the phone, and they told him to try again. (It worked.) While there is a pool and a barbecue area on the premises, unfortunately there is no hot tub.

Breakfast was included, and the selection was more extensive than I've encountered at some hotels. Besides the usual carbs, there were a few hot items and a waffle-making station. It would have been nice if the cereal bar had something like Raisin Bran.

Overall, I recommend the Residence Inn. While it does not have as much character as the Mayfair, which I stayed at the last time I visited Coconut Grove, the Residence Inn was much more to my liking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Melissa R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear davdaven,

I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review for our hotel. We greatly enjoy it when our guest find our hotel layout and size so accommodating. We all also do love to hear that our location is also something that you enjoyed during your stay. Please feel to contact me for future reservations. Thank you again for allowing us to serve you and thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was a nice hotel even though it was in the middle of some renovations. The pool patio was awesome in my building (building two) and it had two gas barbeque pits beside it. Gated parking lot (although the spaces were a little tight to get into with a van) and the complimentary breakfast had a very decent variation of selections. They do need to get some better kits for the barbeque utensils though, or do away with the bag they keep them in all together.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor facing pool in building 2.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Lee M,

I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review for our hotel. We greatly enjoy it when our guest find our hotel layout and size so accommodating. We all also do love to hear that our location is also something that you enjoyed during your stay. Please feel to contact me for future reservations. I am happy to say that I have taken your suggestion a created a new BBQ kit for guest to use. Also that our Lobby Renovations are complete, and our rooms will be completed this year.
for our hotel.

Edison, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

this hotel should be taken off the marriott list as it gives them a black eye. The hotel was holding a block of rooms for a wedding and when I called for a reservation in that block I was told they were all gone, this was 30 minutes after the groom checked his list and told me that 7 of the 20 rooms had been reserved. After much discussion they "gave" me a room at the discounted rate, but never admitted their error. The hotel which is allegedly going through remodeling, at a snails pace, is in a section of town that requires the use of security gates on the parking lot. My room resembeled an aging hollywood actres.s who is spray painted with make-up and then tries to play a teenager.The mattress had the traditional dent in the center from too much use. The digital TV signal was so bad that the listing card provided alternative analog stations. These rooms were not in the "main" building so access to breakfast was across the parking lot which contained the pool. The pool was was the circumference of a kiddy pool but 3 1/2 feet deep.

Room Tip: You can choose a good room by selecting a different hotel, this hotel is not worth the money
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Art B,

I apologize that you had some many issues during your stay with us. We have reviewed your concerns and I am unable to find that the issues were reported to the hotel during your stay. If they were reported to the Hotel Staff we would have been able to correct them and provided you with a better stay overall. Our property spent 3 months renovating the Lobby area which has now been completed. Our pools are each 15,000 square feet, and though smaller than a large full service hotel we do have two of these pools to facilitate our entire hotel. I also apologize that your room was not to the style that was acceptable for your stay. I can say that we are going to be renovating our hotel rooms this year. I thank you again for having taken the time to post a review for our hotel and I hope that we are able to serve you again in the future.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Well located, friendly staff, clean... Those are the basics, and this place fulfills them. The breakfast has plenty of room for improvement, as does the reliability of the in-room wifi. However, all in all, if you know what to expect, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The location is nice but the hotel is just okay. The rooms are a bit outdated, although they were doing some updates to the lobby when I was there, so maybe they will be updating the rooms at some point too. Also, just as an FYI (and maybe this is common of hotels in Florida), you walk outside to get to the rooms from the lobby, but it is secure outside of the hotel (gated). I was just surprised by the heat that consumed me when I opened the door to my room as I'm used to indoor hallways. Was also quite annoyed by the shower as the dial turned the opposite way to heat up, even though there was actually a diagram that showed the normal way, so it took a while to figure that one out. Overall it was okay. Internet connection was not fabulous, but it worked.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Had an early morning appointment at the Spanish Embassy in Coral Gables but wanted to take the family for a quick Miami Trip, thrilled we found the Residence Inn in Coral Gables. Location is perfect, out of the craziness of Miami in its own little world near Coco Walk and tons of shopping and wonderful restaurants. We tried the 2 bedroom suite with Kitchen and wished we were staying longer. Very comfortable and large, plenty of room for a family. Parking is charged apart from the room, but at least there is never a problem finding a spot in their nice garage! Such a nice change when visiting Miami, I dont think we'll ever do the airport hotels again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights in a studio suite. Staff is very cordial and friendly. Breakfast buffet is ok.
However, the hotel has an oldish atmosphere and it is not suited for business people, or guest requiring a consistent Internet connection. After many hours with the staff (physically in my room) and with the tech support on the phone, it worked more less ok... in summary, out of the 5 days: 4 evenings, and 3 mornings my work's VPN kept dropping down. Then my wife was planning our day on her iPad and the connection was so unstable we had to go t the Starbucks to finish our planning. Other point, the bed mattresses are quite old.
I guess, you get for what you pay, but in this instance, they do advertise the Internet connection, which is a must today.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!