“Great room for great price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2835 Tigertail Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #71 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Detroit, Michigan
“Great room for great price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The room was clean. We were greeted outside by staff member who introduced himself and welcomed us. He took our luggage from the car into the hotel. The receptionist was very helpful. She offered us a bigger room at no extra cost. We were treated very well. It was a good beginning to a great vacation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Our stay at your hotel was fabulous. We were treated like celebrities. Our rooms were full size suites with two bedrooms just like an apartment, very spacious with all the amenities. Sam Kelly and his staff were very accommodating and made sure that our stay in Miami was special and memorable. Sam went over and beyond the call of duty to please all of us. We will never forget him or his staff and look forward to coming back to Miami again and staying at the Residence Inn in Coconut Grove. Much love to all of you!

Charlene A.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sandestin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My stay here could not have gone any smoother. The room has everything you need for a stay of any length, it is basically a small apartment. I was here under very difficult circumstances and the staff were wonderful, helpful in every way and very accommodating, making my stay a very smooth one. The housekeepers were happy to provide anything I needed (knowing Spanish is a plus). Easy walking distance to Cocowalk and all of Coconut Grove. I would definitely return and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Very good hospitality, The management and staff made our stay very enjoyable and pleasant. The rooms was very nice, clean, spacious and comfortable. Hated to leave. There are no words to describe the staff and management except to say Kudos and thumbs up, job well done. Can't wait to visit again.

Room Tip: Just visit and see for tyourself and I promise you will come back again, because not only will you b...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
South Pasadena, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Large room, size of small apt. Paul Mitchell amenities. Full kitchen. My room did face Tigertail and I could hear cars at nite but not to noisy -in mornings much higher traffic going by. Weird thing w/elevator have to wheel your stuff from parking lot on brick type walkway which makes a lot of noise I'm sure for people on 1st floor and is a little far -so if you have alot of stuff ask about your room location. The parking area is gated, with very close quarters. I parked in an non-covered area. You can walk to Coconut Grove restaurants/shops easy 5-10min walk along tree lined streets. CVS/grocery store in area close by. Two seconds down 27th and you are on US1 to commute to South or North Miami. Pantry with snacks, ice cream, TV dinners, sodas, beer though which is handy. Exterior has some moldy areas that could use cleaning. Elevator has no or poor a/c so if you are in a suit, you will get sweaty fast from the FL humidity. Nice bkfast: waffle, eggs, pre-made parfaits, fruit, etc. - would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from Tigertail less noise, 3 story hotel, 1st floor by pool may experience luggage noises...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
mckinney, tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Extremely good value for this area! We were there to visit the University of Miami and this hotel was on their recommendation list. I did use their parking and a great deal at $15 a night. Gated so knew my car was safe. I requested a quiet room off of Tigertail and never heard anyone near me or traffic, so perfect location. Walking distance to Coco Walk and this area was fabulous!! Have key lime pie at Lokals! We also walked down to the marina (safe walk) and enjoyed seeing the bayfront. Recommend dinner at Scottys Landing for good prices and good food. The hotel room was amazing and perfect for me and my 2 teens. 2 bathrooms made showers easy and not cramped at all. Kitchen with all the amenities. Breakfast had alot of options and the staff was pretty amazing, making sure to add more food as needed. One evening, I was craving milk, and one of the staff members got me some free of charge! They really went out of their way to ensure you got what you needed. The only con and the only reason I didn't give this an excellent rating were the mattresses, which could use an upgrade. They probably would have switched us had I asked. My son was not able to sleep on the sleeper sofa at all as it had a thin mattress pad. They are not so uncomfortable you can't sleep in them and we were fine for 3 nights, but really expected a better quality for the Marriott chain. Most hotels here charge for internet service and ours was free. Not always connected, but for the most part, yes. Pool area was nice and the grounds clean and well maintained. Overall, highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again and ask for more comfy mattresses. Great caring staff!!

Room Tip: Rooms away from Tigertail and the traffic. Higher floor since there is an elevator.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Melissa R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear nperryMckinney,

I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review for our hotel. We greatly enjoy it when our guest find our hotel layout and size so accommodating. We all also do love to hear that our location is also something that you enjoyed during your stay. I apologize that your son was unable to sleep on the sleeper sofa, ans agree that we would have been able to upgrade your room or have a rollaway sent over instead of the sofa bed. Please feel to contact me for future reservations.
Thank you again for allowing us to serve you and thank you for taking the time to post a review for hotel.

Melissa Reiner
Front Office Manager
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel is bigger and prettier than you realize when you first see it. The rooms were amazing esoecially considering the affordable price. We did not stay long but if we were to go back we would be sure to stay here.
It's a quick walk to Coco Walk so that was convenient not to have to drive.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Melissa R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear OnTheRoadAgn,
I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review for our hotel. We greatly enjoy it when our guest find our hotel layout and size so accommodating. We all also do love to hear that our location is also something that you enjoyed during your stay. Please feel to contact me for future reservations. Thank you again for allowing us to serve you and thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Melissa Reiner
Front Office Manager

Been to Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!