“Couldn't ask for anything more!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2835 Tigertail Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #64 of 130 hotels in Miami
Sandestin, Florida
“Couldn't ask for anything more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My stay here could not have gone any smoother. The room has everything you need for a stay of any length, it is basically a small apartment. I was here under very difficult circumstances and the staff were wonderful, helpful in every way and very accommodating, making my stay a very smooth one. The housekeepers were happy to provide anything I needed (knowing Spanish is a plus). Easy walking distance to Cocowalk and all of Coconut Grove. I would definitely return and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Very good hospitality, The management and staff made our stay very enjoyable and pleasant. The rooms was very nice, clean, spacious and comfortable. Hated to leave. There are no words to describe the staff and management except to say Kudos and thumbs up, job well done. Can't wait to visit again.

Room Tip: Just visit and see for tyourself and I promise you will come back again, because not only will you b...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
South Pasadena, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Large room, size of small apt. Paul Mitchell amenities. Full kitchen. My room did face Tigertail and I could hear cars at nite but not to noisy -in mornings much higher traffic going by. Weird thing w/elevator have to wheel your stuff from parking lot on brick type walkway which makes a lot of noise I'm sure for people on 1st floor and is a little far -so if you have alot of stuff ask about your room location. The parking area is gated, with very close quarters. I parked in an non-covered area. You can walk to Coconut Grove restaurants/shops easy 5-10min walk along tree lined streets. CVS/grocery store in area close by. Two seconds down 27th and you are on US1 to commute to South or North Miami. Pantry with snacks, ice cream, TV dinners, sodas, beer though which is handy. Exterior has some moldy areas that could use cleaning. Elevator has no or poor a/c so if you are in a suit, you will get sweaty fast from the FL humidity. Nice bkfast: waffle, eggs, pre-made parfaits, fruit, etc. - would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from Tigertail less noise, 3 story hotel, 1st floor by pool may experience luggage noises...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
mckinney, tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Extremely good value for this area! We were there to visit the University of Miami and this hotel was on their recommendation list. I did use their parking and a great deal at $15 a night. Gated so knew my car was safe. I requested a quiet room off of Tigertail and never heard anyone near me or traffic, so perfect location. Walking distance to Coco Walk and this area was fabulous!! Have key lime pie at Lokals! We also walked down to the marina (safe walk) and enjoyed seeing the bayfront. Recommend dinner at Scottys Landing for good prices and good food. The hotel room was amazing and perfect for me and my 2 teens. 2 bathrooms made showers easy and not cramped at all. Kitchen with all the amenities. Breakfast had alot of options and the staff was pretty amazing, making sure to add more food as needed. One evening, I was craving milk, and one of the staff members got me some free of charge! They really went out of their way to ensure you got what you needed. The only con and the only reason I didn't give this an excellent rating were the mattresses, which could use an upgrade. They probably would have switched us had I asked. My son was not able to sleep on the sleeper sofa at all as it had a thin mattress pad. They are not so uncomfortable you can't sleep in them and we were fine for 3 nights, but really expected a better quality for the Marriott chain. Most hotels here charge for internet service and ours was free. Not always connected, but for the most part, yes. Pool area was nice and the grounds clean and well maintained. Overall, highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again and ask for more comfy mattresses. Great caring staff!!

Room Tip: Rooms away from Tigertail and the traffic. Higher floor since there is an elevator.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Melissa R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear nperryMckinney,

I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review for our hotel. We greatly enjoy it when our guest find our hotel layout and size so accommodating. We all also do love to hear that our location is also something that you enjoyed during your stay. I apologize that your son was unable to sleep on the sleeper sofa, ans agree that we would have been able to upgrade your room or have a rollaway sent over instead of the sofa bed. Please feel to contact me for future reservations.
Thank you again for allowing us to serve you and thank you for taking the time to post a review for hotel.

Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel is bigger and prettier than you realize when you first see it. The rooms were amazing esoecially considering the affordable price. We did not stay long but if we were to go back we would be sure to stay here.
It's a quick walk to Coco Walk so that was convenient not to have to drive.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Melissa R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear OnTheRoadAgn,
I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review for our hotel. We greatly enjoy it when our guest find our hotel layout and size so accommodating. We all also do love to hear that our location is also something that you enjoyed during your stay. Please feel to contact me for future reservations. Thank you again for allowing us to serve you and thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and another couple shared a two bedroom/one bath suite for a night.

Pros
-The price we paid for the suite with two bedrooms was cheaper than if we had paid to get two separate hotel rooms at another hotel for the night
-Fully stocked kitchen was great! We used the oven to bake cookies.
-Hotel was located within easy walking distance from CocoWalk and the bay
-Parking was convenient (we could park right by the stairs that led up to our room) and pretty reasonably priced. You have in and out privileges.
-They will do your grocery shopping for you - you only pay for the cost of the groceries! Didn't use this service, but thought it was a great amenity

Cons
-The wireless internet was hit or miss. Sometimes it worked while other times it did not. When it did work, it was really slow. We never did get the wired internet to work.
-The TVs in the bedrooms did not get cable service - I'm sure we could have called the front desk to have it taken care of, however, we were there for such a short time, it wasn't a big deal for us.
-The place seems pretty dated - the furnishings and carpet looked particularly old
-Noise - We were on the top floor, but our bedroom was facing Tiger Tail Road so during the day there was a lot of traffic noise. We could also hear the noise from the pool area in the living room.

Room Tip: If you don't mind walking up a couple of flights of stairs, get a room on an upper level. Stree...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Melissa R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear AsianCajun116,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review for your recent stay with us here in Coconut Grove. I apologize that you had some issues with the internet though I am happy that you were able to contact via wired. I believe that during your stay our Cable provider was renegotiating the contract with multiple networks. Thankfully the TV’s now have all the channels listed on our website. We hope that we are able to serve you again in the future, thank you again please contact me directly if you have any questions or need to book your next reservation.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Nice rooms and atmosphere for this type of hotel. Situated within walking distance of CocoWalk, which is nice at night. Cafe Tu Tu Tango served appetizer style meals.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Melissa R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear MikeOklahoma2012,
We thank you very much for having taken the time to post a response for our hotel. I am very pleased to see that our hotel met your needs. Please contact me directly for future reservations with us. Again thank you for taking the time and we hope to see you back with us again.
Front Office Manager

Been to Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!