“Nice accommodations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove to your Saves list
Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2835 Tigertail Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #65 of 130 hotels in Miami
Westlake Village CA
“Nice accommodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

the price was more reasonable than other places I looked at. The rooms were spacious, and kitchen functional. I didn't use anything but the refrigerator. The shower curtain was too short though, and I had a hard time keeping the water from going outside the tub while I was showering. Huge closets, much more that I needed for a long weekend. This building used to be apartments many years ago, my grandfather actually had an apartment in the same complex 16 years ago. Had breakfast one morning, and loved the waffle iron and fresh batter to make a waffle. I would recommend if you are looking for a place not in the middle of town but within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Melissa R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Dear mom2twoboys44,

First I would like to thank you having taken the time to write a review for our Hotel. We here at the Residence Inn pride ourselves in providing guest with all the functions they would have at home. I am most pleased that your stay with us was so enjoyable. I hope if you plan to come back to Coconut Grove that we will be your first choice in hotel. If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Once again thank you, and we look forward to your return.

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

stayed here once before and came back. this hotel is a little older, so it needs a little upgrade, but it has an apartment feel which is nice if you have to stay for an extended stay.
breakfast is nothing special, but it's free, so no real reason to complain.
the best part about this hotel is the location. just five minutes south is the grove shopping mall.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear MsStru,

First I would like to thank you having taken the time to write a review for our Hotel. We greatly appreciate our guest, and enjoy having repeat guest come back to our property. We have recently made some improvements to our breakfast variety, and to our Happy Hour variety. I invite you to come to our property again and try them out. If you do plan to return again please contact me directly so that I can assist you with the reservation. Our property will be undergoing renovations in the next year, so we very much appreciate this kind of feedback. If there is anything that I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

We had a gathering of 5 siblings and our 95 year old Mother. The staff was incredible nice and attentive to all of us but especially our Mother. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. There were lots of restaurants nearby and a variety to accomodate our tastes. It even allowed Mom to go back to the room after a lunch or dinner and we could quickly get to downtown for business or Miami Beach for some fun. The location was so incredibly convenient. We all look forward to coming back again next year.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Warren C.
Thank you for your review of our property! We greatly appreciate reviews from our guest, and hope that you will come back to visit us again soon. If you need any assistance with future reservations please feel free to contact me directly. Once again thank you for choosing our property, and for taking the time to write a review for us.

Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I cannot believe this is really a Marriott. The outside is embarrassingly hideous. The inside is dated and appears unclean. A/C works great. Noise level is extremely high. Traffic and drunk partiers everywhere. Breakfast is a joke. I think we got the worse room in the house. We had to bend over to go in the doorway which was under a beam located next to the tiny pool (which had no lounge chairs). Location is excellent but I feel like this is Marriott's forgotten child.

Room Tip: Don't book at all!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Melissa R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Dear Heather,

We thank you for your response. I apologize that our hotel was unable to meet your expectations. As a Marriott property we pride ourselves in customer satisfaction and are disappointed when we are unable to meet our customers expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly at 305-285-9303 I would really like to discuss your stay with us.
Thank you again for your response, if there is anything I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Leesburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Dirty rooms, mismatched lines, old stained towels, broken window in BA, paper-thin walls, mold on bathroom ceiling,unknown orange substances on shower ledge near window, Didn't sleep due to partiers by pools, kids running around & screaming, people on floor above us, contacted front desk staff several times then Miami Police because of noise and worse activities. Problems went unresolved.

This is the 5th Marriott property we have stayed at in the Miami area over the past five years. We stay in various hotels (Marriott is always our #1 choice) a minimum of 45+ days/year. Please save yourselves the headaches and loss of sleep. There are MANY better Marriott's to stay in during your business and/or pleasure trips in the Miami area.

Room Tip: Do not here as they overbook. Many rooms being renovated; many more need serious work!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear CoachSue,

Thank you for your recent comment. I apologize for these issues that your experienced. Being a service driven industry we hope to provide all of our guest with above average experiences. If there are any issues that were not rectified while you where with us please call me at 305-285-9303 so that I may address directly with you, and my staff.
Thank you for having stayed with us. I look foward to hearing form you soon.

Key West, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Overall hotel is clean and staff is wonderful. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and it was plenty of room. Both rooms were nicely furnished as well as the living room and kitchen. The room was not very soundproof though. Traffic on the street below as well as children in the exterior hallway could be easily heard. The only other issue was that the air conditioner seemed to be small for the unit. It worked hard the entire stay and only cooled the room to about 75 deg F. The garage below was nice and gated for security. Movie theater, comedy club and a nice assortment of restaurants within walking distance. I have stayed at several hotels in the area and probably will stay here again for the price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear ibskine,

I would like to thank you for your recent comment about your recent stay with us. If there is any thing I can assist with please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 305-285-9303. I look forward to hearing from you.

Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

This is one of the worst Marriott properties I have ever visited. The location is excellent for access to Coconut Grove. If you are visting to party at Cocowalk and will simply be walking back to your room and passing out, this place serves its purpose.
The only reason I gave this property 2 stars was due to the gated parking, without that I would have had a totally sleepiness night. The rooms are tired, worn down, and the bed (a double) sleeps awful. The exterior is just gross. Rundown, shady characters, and a complete lack of maintenance. The walls are PAPER THIN. I was awoken by a party going on next door at 5am and could literally hear every word of the conversation as if I was in the room with them. The staff is apathetic and unbecoming of any other Marriott property. I'm not one to complain about hotels, check my reviews, but unless you get a FANTASTIC deal, or are a broke spring breaker or college student, you can do better.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent comment. Our property was last renovated in 2007, and our scheduled to have a renovation start in 2012. I would hope that you would come back to visit us again so that we can provide you with the exceptional service and standards we as Marriott property can provide. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 305-285-9303, I look forward to hearing from you.

Front Office Manager

Been to Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!