“Perfect place to stay for a visit to University of Miami” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #56 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Virginia
“Perfect place to stay for a visit to University of Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

This was the perfect place to stay while visiting the University of Miami with our son. There is a metro-rail stop around the corner from the hotel which takes you right to the campus. While there, we also wanted to tour Coconut Grove and South Beach, and we were able to conveniently use metro-rail and taxis right from the hotel to both destinations. There is a Publix and the Dadeland Mall within walking distance, as well. The hotel provides a free shuttle to/from the Miami airport, so we didn't even have to rent a car for our stay.
The hotel lobby is spacious and well-appointed. The bar area is relaxing and quiet - perfect for my husband and I to unwind after the day. Our room was very comfortable and very clean. It apparently was newly renovated. The hallways were wide and brightly lit. The pool and gym seemed a bit small, though. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Champaign IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

We spent 5 very nice days at the Marriott Dadeland while in town for a wedding. The hotel is very pretty and we found our room quiet and comfortable. The staff were attentive but not intrusive. My only concern prior to our stay was the required valet parking. Unlike some previous reviewers we had no problems with it taking too long to get our car. We called before leaving our room and the car was either there when we arrived or arrived within a few minutes.

It is in a great location in an up-and-coming part of Miami. We were within walking distance of the Dadeland Mall, Publix, Panera, and Shorty's Barbecue (a Miami institution). But this is not a spot for you if you want to be near the water.

With taxes and parking it was a bit pricey but I would stay there again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
bahamas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

Great hotel. Stayed here for a business meeting. The bed and pillows were comfortable,staff are friendly, they went above and beyond when my brother got food poisoning. they reimbursed us for the food, reccommended doctors and hospitals. They even went to the pharmacy for over the counter medication for us. We really appreciated their help.

Dadeland Mall is within walking distance and Publix is across the street. The hotel will collect you from the airport and take you back. They will also take you to the mall. Metro railroad track is in back of hotel to take you around.

Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2008

I stayed here a week for a business meeting and everything from the food, the rooms, the employees were beyond excellent. Definitely exceeded my expectations. The Dadeland Mall is within walking distance. There is a train in the back of the hotel that will take you anywhere in Miami.

• Liked — The rooms
  • Disliked — The location
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

When I arrived at the hotel I was greeted by the bellman and front desk. I had made the reservation and do to some inconveniences was guarenteed an upgrade from the front desk manager. When I arrived the girl at the front desk knew nothing about this and the manager refused to speak to me. I was told he did not know who I was. Upon check out I saw this same manager, when I approached him to speak to him he was very obtuse and would not consider anything that I had to say. I would not stay at this hotel again. It seems the higher level staff is very self absorded and in it for themselves. This does not represent Marriott standards. It is also an older hotel and not in a prime location.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bridgetown, Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

My Husband and I spent 4 nights at this hotel. It was wonderful stay, our room was on the 24th floor. It had a great view and a very comfortable bed.

This hotel is very close to the Dadeland Mall and also Miami Metrorail.

We had access to the concierge lounge, which serves continental breakfast daily as well as hors d'oeuvres in the afternoon.

All in all we had a great stay. Will defintely stay there again

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

I traveled to a client site that was about 3 or 4 blocks from this hotel. The hotel was very nice. There was a small glitch in their computer system when I arrived so they gave me a free comp drink from the bar while I waited.

The rooms were normal Marriott rooms, nothing really special. There is a Publix Grocery store directly across the street from the hotel which was easy to grab a few snacks and drinks for the evenings.

One major issue I had with the hotel was the length of time it took to get my car out of Valet. I called down each morning or evening to get my car about 5 or 10 minutes before I came down and I still ended up waiting a good 15 minutes. This turned out to be a major pain every day.

• Stayed April 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Miami Marriott Dadeland? Share your experiences!