“Excellent!! Loved it!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 130 Hotels in Miami
Puerto Rico
“Excellent!! Loved it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2008

I stayed here a week for a business meeting and everything from the food, the rooms, the employees were beyond excellent. Definitely exceeded my expectations. The Dadeland Mall is within walking distance. There is a train in the back of the hotel that will take you anywhere in Miami.

• Liked — The rooms
  • Disliked — The location
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

When I arrived at the hotel I was greeted by the bellman and front desk. I had made the reservation and do to some inconveniences was guarenteed an upgrade from the front desk manager. When I arrived the girl at the front desk knew nothing about this and the manager refused to speak to me. I was told he did not know who I was. Upon check out I saw this same manager, when I approached him to speak to him he was very obtuse and would not consider anything that I had to say. I would not stay at this hotel again. It seems the higher level staff is very self absorded and in it for themselves. This does not represent Marriott standards. It is also an older hotel and not in a prime location.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bridgetown, Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

My Husband and I spent 4 nights at this hotel. It was wonderful stay, our room was on the 24th floor. It had a great view and a very comfortable bed.

This hotel is very close to the Dadeland Mall and also Miami Metrorail.

We had access to the concierge lounge, which serves continental breakfast daily as well as hors d'oeuvres in the afternoon.

All in all we had a great stay. Will defintely stay there again

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

I traveled to a client site that was about 3 or 4 blocks from this hotel. The hotel was very nice. There was a small glitch in their computer system when I arrived so they gave me a free comp drink from the bar while I waited.

The rooms were normal Marriott rooms, nothing really special. There is a Publix Grocery store directly across the street from the hotel which was easy to grab a few snacks and drinks for the evenings.

One major issue I had with the hotel was the length of time it took to get my car out of Valet. I called down each morning or evening to get my car about 5 or 10 minutes before I came down and I still ended up waiting a good 15 minutes. This turned out to be a major pain every day.

• Stayed April 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2008

I stayed at the Dadeland Marriott for 3 nights. I had 3 very busy days, including driving (this hotel was centrally located for me). The front desk staff were EXCELLENT - helpful to the point of giving me their phone number to call if I thought I might need driving directions after being on the road! They were also helpful to me by making photocopies, printing out maps, and giving me area information. The room was clean and I really appreciated the "non-smoking" rule - it was nice to leave my room and still not smell smoke, anywhere in the hotel. I ate room service after getting back in quite late each night and it was delivered in a timely manner. The first night was quite good, the second OK and the third not so great! They must change chefs nightly! The third night I ordered halibut and instead received swordfish prepared as the halibut should have been. Not only was the fish completely different (like ordering prime rib but receiving pork chops), the preparation was suited to halibut, not swordfish! Even so, I was so glad I stayed here as the location, proximity to highways, cleanliness, and helpfulness of the staff were all so important, top-notch, and appreciated!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — food
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Perthshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2007

We spent one night at this hotel at the end of September. When we arrived the check-in clerk asked "2 double doubles?" to which we replied yes (there was my husband myself and two children aged 9 and 7 ) He then said "oh we don't have any you'll have to have a rollaway bed put in your room". When the bed arrived it was of a single size even though we had been assured it was a double size and would fit two. When we asked repeatedly for another room or another bed we were told "we are full tonight ". It took several phone calls down to reception and then a visit to them to finally get another rollaway bed put in the room. The Assistant Manager okayed this even though it was "against regulations to do so !!!!" We had been travelling for 21 hours at this point and just wanted to get the children and ourselves to bed but we couldn' t believe the attitude of the Assistant Manager and reported this to Royal Caribbean as soon as we embarked the ship - to date( 5 weeks later) we still have not had a reply to our complaint. the hotel blamed Royal Caribbean for only telling them they needed a room the day before but Royal Caribbean claim this is rubbish. My advice? make sure you get the InterContinental Bayside as it is much nicer and right next to where "Liberty of the Seas" is docked !! Incidentally this happened to another Scottish couple travelling with their 21 year old daughter. Even she ended up in a rollaway bed !!

• Liked — The beds were comfy
  • Disliked — The fact that had there been a fire we would've struggled to get out quickly
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

I would agree with most review points from a previous reviewer (jjstives). This is an excellent hotel with excellent facilities and service. The comparison with a Marriott in York, England I stayed in 2 weeks previously is very noticeable in service and hotel standards, with this being a far superior experience.

Location is also good for the Dadeland Mall a few blocks away, a restaurant at the end of the road on the way to the mall (Chilis) and the end stop of the Metrorail just next to the hotel. Getting to South Beach on Metrorail you go to Government Centre, then take the frequent S bus to South Beach. It did seem only just safe on a Sunday morning - so I would think of taking a taxi on an evening, if by yourself or if any doubts.

From MIA Airport, the price is about $40 including tip for a taxi.

I stayed here with business & I was told by locals that everywhere is reasonably safe within 20 minutes around. The closest-by area to avoid seemed to be Grand Avenue in Coconut Grove. But decide for yourselves on this.

Overall, a good stop, but mainly if you want to be out of town or are doing business here. Ask for a room facing the City if you can as the views were incredible.

• Liked — Views of Ciity, Service
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Miami Marriott Dadeland? Share your experiences!