“Good for the arrival” 4 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #47 of 111 Hotels in Miami
“Good for the arrival”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We arrived as a family from Europe and enjoyed the hospitality. Appearance is not up to Marriott standard, especially the Hotel entrace which was under construction.

But the rooms are comfortable and the breakfast is phantastic!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Thank you to Stacy Ann for triaging so many gaps in this hotel's severely lacking Marriott service! The remaining members of the staff were less than attentive or enthusiastic. I returned from watching 4th of July fireworks and pulled back the comforter to discover my sheets were torn & soiled. When I called down to the front desk, I was told housekeeping was not onsite & someone would bring me sheets so I could change them. When I called the Marriott Platinum Elite line for some sort of advice, I was told, "Making your own bed is an amenity that I've never heard of at a Marriott!" I truly appreciated the Marriott Rewards line for trying to lighten the mood and for getting me some assistance the next morning. Overall, the staff seemed disinterested. I am unsure if it was due to the holiday or the World Cup games, but this was a stay that did not live up to the Marriott brand, or even a random $29 roadside hotel. I appreciated Stacy Ann helping me with this challenging situation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
DadelandMarriottMIA, Miami Marriott Dadeland at Miami Marriott Dadeland, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Hi CWOrlando,

Thank you so much for your comments. We take all comments very seriously and are already checking into this. We hope you come back in the near future and give us the opportunity to win back you confidence in us.

Thanks!
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

What I liked:
1. Hallways nice and bright and wide; some hotels have dreary narrow hallways. This hotel has nice hallways.
2. Free internet (you can upgrade to even higher speed for a fee, though regular speed worked well for me).
3. Slept well
4. View was pretty at night with lights and cars, I was on a high floor.
5. Breakfast buffet at the hotel was excellent.
6. Publix is nearby.
7. Dadeland Mall is nearby
8. Room are nice, good fixtures, good lighting, television very good etc.
What I have mixed feelings about is the valet parking and the cost $19 and tax and tip. However, maybe the car is more secure that way.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is my most frequent hotel visited in the last few years, mainly due to work it a great location for restaurants, the mall and the publix. All within easy walking distance, a must at the end of a busy day. The staff are great and during my last 6 days I noted many aircraft crews use it,and the airport is a good 30 min drive away. The Mall is not my taste although as other reviews have noted it is good. I love it for the many and varied eateries within a short walk. Bar snacks in the hotel are also good, the concierge lounge on the 23rd floor had snack and drinks each evening and a reasonable breakfast to start the day. The frontage was being beautified whist we were there but with minimum inconvenience. The rooms are very comfortable and the pool is a nice place to chill of an evening. Glad to be here.

Room Tip: Concierge suits offer a great view.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

A very comfortable stay! Typically American hotel. Rooms well appointed and spotlessly clean.

Good location, Just a few minutes walk from a superb shopping mall...!

Breakfast buffet excellent, good selection, including a fresh 'egg' station where freshly prepared eggs, and omelettes are cheerfully prepared to your preference by the chef.

I met some friends at the hotel, who were on vacation in the area during my visit, and staff were very efficient in ensuring I received a note from them, along with my room key card when I arrived.

Additionally, a member of staff was most helpful in cheerfully escorting me personally along a rather convoluted route to a vending machine when the gift shop was closed, in order that I could purchase some refreshments prior to making my journey home.

All in all, no problems and looking forward to staying again....!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I've stayed in many hotels of all different brands throughout Miami and this is the one that's become my definitive # 1 choice. First, let's talk about location; the hotel is well placed by a spectacular mall with countless stores and brands, many of which are exclusive or high end AND with an endless array of great restaurants, ranging from American to Italian and Sushi to Salads and everything in between. The mall is literally walking distance as are many other great attractions.
Now that we've covered that, let's get into the meat and potatoes of this review (pun intended) ... which is the gym. I am a big health enthusiast and for all the traveling I do, one of the most important factors that plays into my hotel choice is a good fitness facility. Many hotels claim they have " a fitness center" and even more mask it with a odd angle pictures of some weights or treadmills but this hotel IS THE REAL DEAL!!! There are actually two separate rooms, one for cardio and one for working out and they are both unbelievable. The actual weight room is spacious and well thought out with just about any and every machine and free-weight that you'll need and many other bonuses that you'd never expect in a hotel gym. The gym looks out to the swimming pool and the city behind that. There is music there in case you forget your head phones and if you're the only one in the gym, you can even get music from your phone to play thought the gym speakers. If you're a person that needs a little motivation or perhaps just a little extra help, there is a great personal trainer that can meet you there at your request. It’s worth stating again, the facility is TOP-NOTCH!
The staff throughout is friendly and the Marriott Concierge Lounge is exceptionally good. Nice spacious layout, great city view and the free food is definitely in the top 10% of any hotels I've stayed at ... and I travel A LOT!!!
Throughout my stays here, I've experienced a few minor issues that have come and gone but one that seems to be vexingly persistent is that the door handles to many rooms get slightly jammed and makes it difficult to open room doors ... or at the very least very annoying. No hotel is without an issue and all the good that comes with this hotel severely outweighs any of the bad. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: *I have "spa" an excellent rating but by spa I mean the gym
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Good location, nearby Dadeland Mall and few steps from one Publix market. The staff is very kind. The fantastic beds of Marriot, so comfortable... You need a car to reach other malls , restaurants, etc

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Miami Marriott Dadeland? Share your experiences!