“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 110 Hotels in Miami
Bridgetown, Barbados
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I will definitely rebook the next time I am staying in Miami. The location was just what we needed. Close to the airport and shopping and although we rented a car, lots of places to eat are walking distance including Dadeland Mall. We had a very good experience with the Enterprise car rental agent Edwin and the overall service at the hotel was excellent from the front desk, to maintenance, maid service and valet. We went to the Sony Tennis Open a couple of days and on the day of the Women's Final the hotel's guest service facilitated viewing the game at the bar/lounge area as it was not showing on the hotel TV. We were on the 20th floor which had an amazing view. The only downside was the noise of the metro which you could hear but it was not loud.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed here for a night, it was a last minute decision thankfully this hotel was available. We got in the hotel late, the check-in was smooth and fast(i wasn't really expecting a super welcoming committee, i'm not that picky!) as long as we have bed to sleep that's good enough. We got a higher floor which was really a plus for us. Even though it was just one night we love our stay it was comfy and we always love to stay at Marriott's. Added notes this is in Kendall and close to some shopping malls. The hotel provide a valet and the lobby is really nice.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Second time to this hotel this time mid week so far fewer families. I have stayed in a number of Marriots this is one of the better ones, although as noted elswhere It can be a little tired in places. In general the staff are friendly and helpful with bottles of water given freely. Service and food are good but we walk across to the Mall most evening to eat out The pool was good and more used than at the weekend. According to colleagues the restaurant was better than last time we stayed- but that would not have been a big ask.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Tampa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Apart from being a Marriott a Marriott Gold loyalty member and having a Marriott Visa credit card holder, my company travels to Miami about 2 to 3 times a month and for the most part, we stay at this hotel. Frequently we either receive a voucher for the breakfast downstair, sometimes we do pay for it, in which there is no problem at all. This time we were there for two days and we were given a breakfast voucher for both days. On the second day we were there, I gave the hostess our vouchers and proceeded to my table. She then told me that the omelette section wasn't part of our breakfast and if I wanted I had to pay $8. I told her that I have never seen such thing for all these years that we have stayed there. She asked me to talk to the front desk. When I got to the front desk and while explaining the situation to the clerk, this manager STACEY ADAMS, comes out of nowhere with the worst attitude ever and tells me that there is nothing they can do. At this point, I explained to her that it wasn't the $8 charge, it was the principle behind it. And if she was willing to put in jeopardy my relationship with the Marriott. On a very sarcastic way, she said there was nothing she could do. Apart from having zero customer service skills, STACEY ADAMS was extremely unprofessional, very bad attitude and certainly should not be given the title manager. I don't recall the last time I actually wrote a review and I am a very easy going person, but this time I couldn't let it go.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
DadelandMarriottMIA, Miami Marriott Dadeland at Miami Marriott Dadeland, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
TRBIG
Let me start by thanking you for your loyalty to Marriott and for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your feedback regarding your most recent visit with us. We are glad that you use the Miami Dadeland Marriott and hope that you will continue to do so whenever you are in Miami.
Please accept our most sincere apologies for failing to provide you with the quality of service that you are familiar with from our hotel. As you know, it is our goal to exceed the expectations of our guests as you are our most valuable assets.
Our management team is already working with your comments and you will see the difference on your next visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stay in a lot of Marriotts and this one was par for the course. Other than the main level, I thought the common parts were a bit tired and there was no soap in the bathroom area. However, I had requested an early check-in, which they were able to honor at 10:00 am, which was much earlier than I might have expected. We also found all the staff, from check in, restaurant, maids,etc. to be extremely polite and helpful. Service at most Marriotts is never bad but this place really had great staff. There was still a good breakfast buffet available in the restaurant on our arrival.

My biggest complaint was that the elevators were incredibly slow the next morning. We had to wait nearly 25 minutes for an elevator down to the lobby which actually had any room to fit my son and I (+ just 2 pieces of hand luggage). Thank god we had planned to check out with plenty of time to spare or we would have missed our shuttle to the airport. At $10.00 the airport shuttle was very convenient and a fair price.

I would definitely stay there again because of the excellent service but do be aware of the elevator issue!

Room Tip: The elevators were VERY slow in the morning so if you want to make a quick getaway, I'd go for a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Quito, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

It was just perfect. The buffet breakfast and luch were amazing with so many and different items to pick from.
It is at a walking distance to Dadeland Mall where you can go to eat and of course to shop.
The hotel offered a well priced schenduled shuttle to Dolphin Mall that was perfect for us.
It also provides a complimentary shuttle service from and to airport. You just have to call and confirm the time you are arriving so they pick you up.
The area is pretty quiet and safe.
All the stuff was amazing, really friendly and helpful specially the Colombian lady at the restaurant (whose name I can not rembember). I was a little bit sick and she got me some tea bags really late at night, because I could not go to any pharmacy or grocery store at that time.

Room Tip: Higher floors have amazing views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Willemstad, Curacao
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Because of the vicinity of the Dadeland Mall, this hotel is quiet busy and can charge the rates they do. We have stayed in this hotel regularly, but every time we go there it is less to expectations.
Arriving there by car, nobody to take over your suitcases.The rooms are not maintained very well.
On the door to the room, the safety hinge nor the extra lock were functioning properly.
One of the bath towels was so thin, you could almost see through it. One piece of soap.
We like to eat fruit with our breakfast, but the variation offered is very limited, water melon,honeydo melon,cantaloupe,pineapple. No bananas or strawberries.If you go for shopping and do not mind the hotel, it is OK.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
DadelandMarriottMIA, Miami Marriott Dadeland at Miami Marriott Dadeland, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
It is wonderful to know that you are a long-time guest of the Miami Marriott Dadeland and we are working to keep you here! We are constantly reviewing our standards but also appreciate feedback from loyal guests such as yourself. The hotel is currently looking into a future renovation project. We look forward to your next visit.

Been to Miami Marriott Dadeland? Share your experiences!