“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Royersford, Pennsylvania
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed here overnight on business and did not spend much time here. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. I accidentally left my cell phone in the car and the valet raced through the lobby to get it back to me.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Mount Dora, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We had a definite need to stay in this area for just one night. We needed to be close to a group home for a visit and The Falls for a meal with old friends who still live in the city where we once lived. We booked the cheapest room and our gold elite upgrade was automatic and appreciated. We were in placed in room 2305 on the concierge floor. Both reception and the concierge lounge had polite and friendly service.

Our bed was king sized and very comfortable. I liked the pillows. My husband didn't. We had extra towels already in the room as the request is noted on my account.

The bathroom is standard/small but nicely separated into a toilet/shower room with the sink outside and sufficient counter space. The lighting is very good although the room with the shower has a florescent bulb that takes a few minutes to light up fully - nice for middle of the night or first thing in the morning.

Not only did we have a standard coffee machine but we also had a Nespresso machine - GREAT - I don't know if this is supplied in standard rooms or just concierge level. There was also coffee available at all times in the concierge room. The food offerings in the concierge room was basic but all we needed. The concierge honor bar was a bit too pricey for us so we opted out. There was a huge supply of free soft drinks or bottled water. Even diet Sierra Mist (no caffeine) was available which was nice rather than just diet cola as is usually the case in many places.

The AC worked well and the wifi was fast and easy to log on. Both are big pluses.

The valet can be very busy at times so patience is required. The elevators might be the second slowest I've experienced (I'll never forget the slowest one elsewhere :) ) There is a nice large HD television but oddly no HD programing. The screen setting makes the people have the wide look in standard definition - you know the look. I don't use the TV much but this might be an issue for some people.

I didn't find the hotel to be old fashioned but certainly not modern either other than the granite bathroom counter. It's just very traditional and also very clean. Yes, I would definitely stay here again when the need arises and if the price is right which it certainly was this time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Guayaquil, Ecuador
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Im not rating any value/benefit from.this hotel since the company I work for pay the bills..

Facilities 2/5: The smallest pool I have seen at a courtyard, Gym pretty basic.

Breakfast 3/5: Eggs, bacon, juice, bread.. average.

Location 4/5: close to dadeland mall, bramdsmart, south dadeland metro station and plenty places to eat.

Rooms 2/5: NO blackout curtains on most of the rooms I have stayed, and belive me it matters a lot.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kochi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

a very ineteresting two days of shopping and trasit for me through Miami.

good hotel, excellent service and good food. i did have my evening filled with shopping at the dadeland mall and was easily able to transit around with the metro being just beside. so the location is a great plus.

will be going next January 2014.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Smyrna, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was quite shocked when I arrived at the hotel during my last business trip to be told at 7:15 pm there were no rooms available. Apparently, the manager made a very poor decision (in my opinion obviously) to let a rather large group extend their stay and check out extremely late, knowing that the hotel would be full later that day and rooms would not be available until very late in the evening. In fact, I really thought the front desk staff were joking when they informed me I would have to wait an hour for my room. My co-worker waited almost 2 hours. My company spends a lot of money at this hotel every year so I was very disappointed in how we were treated. There was no excuse for this inconsiderate decision. I would not ever stay there again if I wasn't forced to stay there by my company.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Average - that describes this hotel exactly. Not the nicest, not the worst. The views from the hotel are of a shopping mall and condos. The hotel is often booked so that the Concierge level is full, and I don't believe they have any suites. The elevators are slow and overloaded in the mornings. But it's clean, on the Metro Rail, and near the mall.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

fine hotel, convenient location....this marriott was clean, in very good condition and comfortable. valet at 19 dollars a day is excessive though, and club floor offerings were meager. though we didnt use, the pool looked great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Miami Marriott Dadeland? Share your experiences!