“Underwhelming in every way possible for any chain.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #47 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Roseville, California
“Underwhelming in every way possible for any chain.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was in the Miami area for a medical convention at this hotel. Since the convention was at this property I decided to also stay there for convenience, big mistake. I was also reassured with the Marriot brand reputation. The lobby is large, inviting and definitely up to date. The check-in was without issue and the young lady was quite pleasant but that is where my perception of Marriott as a premium brand ended. My room was 'prepared' at the level of an hourly motel. The water in the toilet was a white cloud. It was probably some cleaning solution which housekeeping neglected to flush which was something minor in my opinion because we all make mistakes, right? Not with this room. The shower wall had some type of sand on the walls which I just rinsed off with water. Again, not an emergency and it was 11pm, I was tired from travelling and it wasn't worth the hassle to go back down to the front desk, complain, get a new room and so on and so forth. Now I noticed these two things after the initial warning which should have been my indication to look for the slot to deposit a few quarters for the vibrating bed. The lamp in the room had the lampshade sitting beside the lamp with the broken, but functioning, bulb still loosely connected. This should have been an obvious sign to the housekeeping staff. In an attempt to be reasonable I can overlook the toilet and shower as a person being in a rush because I am sure that they have plenty of other rooms to clean/service BUT the lampshade being off with a bulb that is broken should have been a clear sign that the room needed attention. Despite all of these things I went to sleep and convinced myself that I would bring the issues to the attention of the front desk staff in the morning because they would be sure to take care of me. The beds were neatly made and comfortable, the view was great and I quickly fell asleep only to have the alarm clock buzzer go off at midnight. At this point I thought I might be on a hidden camera show. First thing in the morning I went to the lobby to inform them of what happened. The clerk was sympathetic and somewhat shocked to the issues I had with the room and consulted with her manager, Monica Strubbia, for a resolution to the issues I had with my room. After what must have been a 10 second conversation I was told that if I signed up for the Marriott Rewards program they could give me some bonus points and that is all that they could do. Seriously? So I have a horrible stay at your property and to appease me I am told to sign up for your membership program for a few points that would not amount to enough for a free/discounted room? Needless to say I was shocked. I settled the room charges as well as valet ($20) charges and checked out. Well, I thought that the required parking charges were settled to my credit card when the clerk asked me if she should place ALL charges to my credit card. When the valet service brought my car to the front they informed me that they couldn't give me my keys because the parking has not been paid. Uhf. Went back to the front desk and the clerk realized that I was getting extremely frustrated and she personally retrieved my keys and handed them to me.

There are several other properties in this area and I would strongly recommend visiting another location. This property is dated and the room has a few power outlets. With the power outlets that are in the room they have installed splitters that are NOT surge protected. Not only can this damage any equipment that you plug into it but it is also a fire hazard.

Room Tip: Stay at another property.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We just flew to Miami from Dominic Republic for week - awesome stay. Maybe this is why we were so disappointed in Marriott. We waited on shuttle over one hour - guess we just missed him the first time - we called three times for pickup and was hot waiting on him. Driver OK - we expected more from Marriott. Then the 18th floor room was well - just OK. Nothing special and the pictures of the pool are far from what it really is. Great lobby facelift but rooms need to be rennovated. Going up looks nice and outside door ok but the lock was hard and stiff, bathroom nothing special - and just a regular room. Marriott can do better or I quit the "club" per say. Nice are with Nice shopping in walking distance. The Shuttle drivers and drive have something to be DESIRED. They should have two...one every 30 minutes leving and going. I think the hotels nearer the airport are nicer. Hilton better. Sorry Marriott but need more to stay and pay the price. Bed was good and TV on the wall but needs help - empty lease area all around block. Mall only attration.

Room Tip: No free breakfast and Shuttle a total miss. Not worth the free shuttle airport service. Mall is gr...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Cay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We recently spent a long weekend at the Marriott Dadeland and had an excellent stay. We were able to check into our room when we arrived at lunch (with amazingly comfortable beds), walk less than 400 metres to Dadeland Mall (every shop you could wish for) and rent a car directly from the reception without any pre-booking nonsense (and at a great rate).

All the staff are extremely helpful and nothing was ever too much to ask. If you're truly looking for a care-free holiday, this is your place to stay in Dadeland. It's not a boutique hotel but you really cannot fault the impeccable service which can make a holiday just that, a holiday!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has got lots going for it. Great gym. Great pool. Great staff. 2 minutes walk from a huge supermarket with a deli inside,so you can avoid huge markup prices in mini bar and room service snacks. On a side note the mini bar is one of the type where if you move any item inside you will be charged regardless. There is a great mall 2 minutes drive or if you fancy a stroll about 7 minutes. Close to the airport (15 minutes). I enjoyed my stay. Beds comfy. Room pleasant. All in all what I come to expect from the Marriott brand.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Antigua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed three nights for business in May and found the same consistent service experienced over the years. The staff is excellent and very helpful. The meeting rooms are very well appointed with modern technical and visual aids. I have always found this hotel to be very good for business, the valet service is professional and I found our assistant extremely thoughtful. My friend had some uniforms for his son's drum line in the trunk. The valet removed them and had the room number attached and placed in the baggage hold while we were at the meeting. I love the new lobby live screen of a beach front and the CNN news in the bathroom mirrors! Now if time permits, you have lots of shopping and dining choices. My personal favourite is Cheese Cake Factory. A short five minute drive east takes you to a nice plaza where a DSW shoes and Ross are located. Target and a number of other department stores are located across the way. Not driving? No problem, the train is directly around the corner from the hotel. I would recommend this property.

Room Tip: I like the higher floors, for the view is breathtaking.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I attended a 4 day conference at The Marriott Dadeland. It is a good, business friendly hotel, the conference rooms are nice, service is very good and staff is friendly. The rooms are not tight, there is a small closet for the luggage, plasma tv, tea/coffee maker, iron, clean and comfortable beds and pillows. Bathroom/toilet are also clean and offer good quality toiletries.The minus is the carpet, reaching a point when it should be changed. Although it is not close to Downtown Miami, it has easy access from the airport and there is a Publix store, a Panera coffee shop and some small restaurants and coffee shops around the block. It is very close to Dadeland Mall, one of the biggest malls in Miami, and one rail station away from Dadeland Station, where you can find Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy and Sports Authority (the train stops at the back entrance of the hotel)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night through my work. The hotel is in Dadeland area of Miami about 30mins drive from Miami airport and south beach. The hotel is located next to Publix supermarket for al lyour needs and 2 mins walk from Dadeland shopping mall that includes multi food court and Macy's along with many other brand names. There are few restaurants in that area.
The rooms were well equipped, very clean and hygienic, has plasma tv, tea/coffee maker, iron, very clean and comfy beds and pillows, hygienic bathroom/toilet and toiletries.
The hotel has wifi, gym, rooftop swimming pool, restaurant , outside lounge for smokers and friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Miami Marriott Dadeland? Share your experiences!