“It is what it is...and that isn't a bad thing!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #56 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“It is what it is...and that isn't a bad thing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is NOT the place to stay if you are vacationing in Miami. But if you have business, or another reason to be in this part of town, I would recommend it. The service is very good. They gladly accommodated a last minute early check in. They always retrieved my car promptly. And, the housekeeping was timely and very good. What else do you need?! These days that kind of service makes a difference. The beds and bedding are unbelievably comfortable, and the rooms have nice flat screen tvs. Not sure there was a downside other than the location as it would relate to someone visiting Miami for a vacation. But if you need to be in lovely Kendall/South Dade, this is probably the best place to be. You are across the street from Dadeland Mall, a Publix market, and a number of restaurants. Pretty much everything you need is within walking distance. Business people will appreciate the desk, iron and board, and high speed Internet in the rooms ($10 @ day but "regular" WiFi is free!). I would stay here again in a second if I had reason to be in the area. I recommend it with that caveat. If you are not familiar with Miami, look at a map before you book this. Most of the tourist-type venues are at least 30 minutes away with traffic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very comfortable stay, profeesional helpful staff. Very comfortable rooms.
Great location, in a very nice safe area. Close by shops, restaurants, bars and accesable to major routes and MIA innternational.
However the downside, is , it's good distance from the area of south beach, if you plan a visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Northeast Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is not where I would choose for sight seeing or beach excursions, but for an early flight it is perfect. There is a mall directly across the street and a good number of restaurants within walking distance. The rooms on the upper floors are nice, we stayed on 21. Shuttle to airport runs every hour. Of course, it is priced for business travel, but similar to others in the same area.

• Stayed February 2013
Comins, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying at this Hotel for ten years for a reason. As a frequent business traveler I know what I want. Hotel caters to business- rooms are set up perfectly for working. Internet is fast and reliable. Service gets high marks- I've never had an issue getting any request or issue resolved quickly and efficiently. During my busy season I stay here 5-7 nights a month- The only thing I'd change is the in-room dining menu. It shrunk dramatically two years ago. I often work late and dine in so the limited menu us unappealing by day 2.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is tired, should be renovated soon, rooms are ample but old as well as bathrooms. They do have the new beds and flat screen tvs. Service is good, restaurant quality average and pricy. Dadeland mall is about two blocks away with nice restaurant options.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
suburbs of Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

For us it was in the middle of where we needed to be. 20 minutes here, 20 minutes there. The hotel was clean, nice staff, attentive too. My TV wasn't working and they came right away to fix it, (battery issue in the remote). The hotel was quite full and I ended up on the concierge level. So I got hot tea each morning which was nice. No food, but I guess that was because it was the weekend?? Also got chocolates on the bed at night. My parents were on the lower level and didn't get chocolates. My ONLY complaint...the breakfast buffet. Not only was it average. That's not even really a complaint. The woman at the egg station didn't speak english. I'm sorry, Miami is in America and the Marriott is an American hotel, correct? I will NOT speak my broken Spanish in America. In Mexico of course I will, I'm in your country. In MY country I expect that the person at the egg station speak english! The man in line tried to "help" by telling her what I wanted, but that just made me angry. Really, the Marriott put the non-english speaking help behind the counter where they have to take orders in english?? I got my omelet, but I couldn't stop talking about it all day. Sorry, this is the one area where I am just not liberal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

My stay at this hotel was on business so I spent a lot of time in meetings and around the hotel. The cafe (on the second floor I think) is a good alternative if you want to save $. They have empanadas and breakfast sandwiches. If you get a sandwich order the long white bread instead of the croissant as you more for your money. To have a bit of local flavor try the small Cuban coffee. It's really good!
Wifi access was very reliable but you may have to re-enter the code when changing locations.
Furnishings in the hotel room were generally in good condition but the lamp in my room had visible signs of wear.
The access to a grocery store behind the motel and the train made this a great place to stay. The airport shuttle works well also when returning to the airport but people said catching it upon arrival was tricky. I took the train for $2 and had a great view of the city with no sense of danger.
I also was informed that I had already been checked out when I approached the desk to leave. They were woefully understaffed at checkout time but it all worked out.
If you plan on going to a Heat game get tickets in advance. They wanted $40 for standing room only! I passed.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Miami Marriott Dadeland? Share your experiences!