“Very Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Odenton, Maryland
“Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011 via mobile

Recently stayed for two nights in room 1002 (ten o' two) and was pleasantly surprised. Got in very late and all the restaurants were closed, but was still able to order room service until 11pm. The breakfast buffet is roughly $16 and is really quality...wish I had more to eat there again. I didn't explore too much around the area, but did find good BBQ right around the block at Shorty's BBQ. Would def stay again and highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Woodstock, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Frankly, I'm surprised by some of the comments I've seen on this site. The room I had was very clean and comfortable. I didn't see any dirt and I did indeed have a flatscreen TV, though I didn't use it. The beds were great, and I can't complain about the decor. If I was being picky, then yes, the yellow chair in the corner could probably use replacing, and perhaps so could the curtains, but other than that, it looks great.

The staff here is extremely friendly and very helpful and seem to go out of their way to please. The only major complaint that I have is that the food at Whitney's, their restaurant, is barely passable. I had many buffet breakfasts there, and although the fruit is great, everything else was not worth eating. The bacon and sausages were barely warm, the pancakes, waffles were dry and the eggs just ok. I made the mistake of going there for dinner. While waiting 40 minutes for my meal, I had the pleasure of enjoying toast in the place of dinner rolls for bread. Toast. The meal was fine, though the pork chop I had was slightly overcooked and dry, but still tasted ok, though nothing special. For the price I paid, it should have been a lot better.

I can't comment on the other facilities because I didn't have time to use them, nor can I comment on the location since I didn't have much time to wander around. I can say however that there is a fairly nice mall nearby, a few restaurants and a Publix. As for other attractions, Bayside is nearby, but I'm ignorant of anything else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011 via mobile

The customer service was great!! Location was good for a quick one night stay!! Everyone was friendly and willing to help!! Valet was extremely efficient. But in the other hand. They need to pay a professional service to come clean this place. The remote in the room was so filthy I watched espn the whole night. I had to wash my hands after touching it. The bed was super comfy. One pillow had a stain and we caught housekeeping in the hallway to change it with no problem. The way looks like someone threw mustard on it. The bathroom only had one set of bath towels, which housekeeping replace happily.
So I can't say this place is horrible, but I think they need to invest in having someone clean the walls, remotes, and base boards in the hotel. I wouldn't stay here again!!!

• Stayed July 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I selected hotel because website indicated that the hotel wa recently renovated. By recent it appears that Marriott meant the 70's. Hotel was dirty and service was terrible. Had to wait over 45 minutes for an order of salad at the hotel bar. Wait staff was completely unconcerned about delay. Also, when checking out, individual at front desk was on phone and refused to engage me in conversation. I will never go back to this hotel. This is by far the worst experience I have ever had at a Marriott.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011 via mobile

Lovely staff who are friendly and accommodating and set the tone for a comfortable stay from the moment I arrived.

The room however let the side down. Very tired and drab looking. The bed was wonderful and maintained the typical Marriott standard however the dirty looking carpet which was curling at the edges shot the rest to he'll. At one stage I knelt on the carpet while I opened my suitcase, when I stood up my trousers were covered in dust and long hairs. I also found long hairs all over the bathroom and in the bath.
The air conditioning sounded like a 747 was throttling up outside my window but as it was almost 95F outside I had to keep it on.
The yellow arm chair in the corner was also filthy with faded greying armrests and hand prints all over it.
I ordered the chicken dippers with fries and a Greek salad from room service. They forgot my coke but this was dealt with well. The chicken dippers were nice and with generous portions but the fries were awful, limp and tasteless. The Greek salad was a mild improvement over the fries but I dont think any if the ingredients were fresh.
The gym and pool area are exceptional however. Well thought out and I liked how complimentary ear phones for use on the gym equipment are provided.
Great location if you just want to shop and also beside the metro but still a fair distance from downtown Miami and Sobe!
A tired hotel boosted by it's wonderful front staff but let down by it's housekeeping standards and unloved decor!

• Stayed July 2011
Cancun, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

The Hotel does not have flat TV in rooms..
Holes in Room Curtain
Carpet looks dirty...
Hotel in general looks outdated...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Montgomery, Alabama, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Spent 4 nights at this hotel and honestly wish I could have stayed longer. The location is convenient for military aircrew members due to the close proximity of several restaurants and a Publix grocery store. The rooms were spacious with outstanding beds. The pool and fitness area were superb. On the second floor of the hotel is a restaurant called Whitney's that serves and amazing breakfast and has a great wait staff. The front desk personnel were great and very understanding of our frequent last minute requests for room extensions and late checkouts. Parking is provided on site for 19 dollars a day. There are several Ballrooms and meeting spaces at this hotel so there is always something happening near the lobby.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Miami Marriott Dadeland? Share your experiences!