“Would rate lower if possible” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #103 of 115 Hotels in Miami
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Would rate lower if possible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a business trip and wouldn't recommend it to ANYONE. We had some misgivings while we were in line to check in and things only got worse from there. The hotel room smelled terrible so we bought a can of air freshener and used it each time we came in. If our kids were with us we wouldn't have stayed but it was just us so we just stuck it out. It was conveniently located and we didn't want to rent a car but that was about the only good thing it had going for it.

I never took my shoes off in the room (wore my flip-flops in the shower) and slept on top of the covers. Checked for bedbugs and body fluid stains and were lucky enough not to find either.

There was a restaurant downstairs and the food was okay.

Room Tip: Choose a room at any other hotel in the world!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Bocas del Toro
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I wouldn't even rate this low as it wasn't for my experience with the front desk staff. i only stayed for one night and the rice I paid was very low, i didn't expect anything. I'm quite used to nothing so a hot shower and a proper bed was enough, that was exactly what I got! So no complains about that, but what really pissed me off was the lady at the front desk. At check-in I specifically asked about the breakfast that was included, and indeed it was included. So the following morning I enter the breakfast area and order breakfast. Then suddenly I saw some one walking in with a voucher, so I asked the waiter who got very annoyed because I order a $6 breakfast which I had to pay for. I cancelled that breakfast and went to get a voucher. I had three options, a muffin, toast (which I noticed being server as dry bad with marmalade). So I chose the Muffin which was the smallest muffin ever, but again, you get what you pay for. What makes this review bad is the service, I asked specifically regarding the breakfast but it was too much for the lady to tell me that I need a voucher to avoid humiliation at breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I'm sorry to have to say this about your hotel but I have to say it for good of the owners and customers, well I book a room for a couple, firstly I request a room with a single bed and they gave them one with two, second these people were very disappointed about this place because there were many cockroaches and feared that they were into the luggage, my suggestion to the owners is that if you want to continue with your hotel open do something about it because this is unhealthy and it makes them look bad with customers.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter if you have to pay a little more, what matters is that you are satisfied with...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've stayed in some dumps but this place took the cake. It was run-down, smelly, the hallway outside my room reeked of urine. It was poorly lit outside. I did not feel safe. There were holes in the wall "stains" everywhere. I slept with my clothes on, kept everything off the floor and didn't open my suitcase. The onlything this place has going for it is that it's relatively cheap and has a decent location which is probabaly the only reason this placs is still open. If I was Choice Hotels I would be ashamed to call this one of my properties. I know it's cheap but do yourself a favor and do not stay here.

Room Tip: Call another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nokomis, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The absolute worst place I have ever stayed. I wouldn't have stayed here but the room was booked thru STAY123 and it was to late to argue after arriving. We used this hotel because they advertised "stay and cruise" parking, For the $78. room fee it is the cheapest parking anywhere. Our first room had blood on the mattress, no mattress cover, pre 1960 burned and mismatched furniture, and was generally a dump. Thee second room was a little better and the wife made tham put on a mattress cover. The second room was a "updated" room and showed that someone was trying to improve but had a long way to go. Be warned that if you stay here don't expect much. A long term resident warned my wife" Honey. don't carry your phone that way somebody here will snatch it. I' was robbed in the hallway." I will be complaining to choice hotels about this hotel carrying the Rodeway and Choice brand names

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Granted, it was affordable in comparison to other motels in Miami but to stay in this motel again they would have to give me money. We were given a room opposite the ice machine which was used all night long, when we requested another room, this wasnt possible. The room was filthy, my three year old daughter had BLACK feet after walking barefoot from her rickety rollaway bed to the bathroom. The location next to the highway may seem convenient but it is so noisy. The breakfast is a joke! You get to choose between a mini bagel, a piece of toast or a mini muffin. When you ask for some cream cheese for the tiny bagel they charge you two dollar. To all fellow travellers: dont stay here!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This place was a complete dump. I was only there because my travel agent (whom I will NEVER use again) set it up due to an overnight layover in Miami and it was midnight and no where else to go. This place was horrible. We took pictures of a syringe in the pool, there were blood stains on the carpet, dead bugs on the floor (including a cockroach in my bathroom), it was filthy and smelled terrible. On top of this, the elevator was gross and the rooms were numbered odd, so it was hard to figure out where to go. We had 8 rooms booked and they were all nasty. It was also in a scary neighborhood, and no one felt safe there. There was a security guard, who was not wearing a uniform just a black hoodie and he had a flashlight, all around this place was shady. The only good thing I can say is the shuttle driver was friendly.

Room Tip: Do not stay here, I saw 8 different rooms and they were all terrible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Rodeway inn Miami
#76 of 115 in Miami
3.5 of 5 stars 11 reviews
Downtown
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Been to Rodeway Inn Miami Airport? Share your experiences!