“A most disgusting place!” 1 of 5 stars

Rodeway Inn Miami Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1050 NW 14th Street, Miami, FL 33136 (Allapattah)   |
Ranked #121 of 131 hotels in Miami
New Jersey
“A most disgusting place!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I booked this hotel through Choice Properties, through which I've booked other hotels that were excellent to acceptable. The Rodeway Inn Miami Airport is by far the most awful place I've ever seen! I cannot believe that Choice Properties offers such a terrible place to its clientele! Since we had reserved a room, we were not concerned about our late arrival from Mexico. We arrived at the Inn and were concerned about the facility due to the neighborhood, the condition of the lobby and the type of clientele we observed as we walked through the halls and ascended in an ancient, smelly elevator. Upon opening the door to our room an indescribably, awful stench hit us. Needless to say, we did not walk into the room. Back in the lobby, the person at the desk was gracious and promised that we would be reimbursed for the amount we paid for the room. Since there was a boat show in the area and it was about 12:30 am, the only facility with rooms was 78 miles away. We gladly drove there and had a wonderful night's sleep in a lovely, clean hotel. NEVER, NEVER book a room at the Rodeway Inn Miami Airport! (Rodeway Inn has credited our credit card account.)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

306 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
Ontario,CA.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was another hotel I booked from the internet.I got it because it was reasonably priced and close to the Port of Miami. A very dated hotel with very plain rooms.The good part was the restaurant at the front of the hotel.I'll have to say that the place was very busy.If I'm down this way again I'll be spending some more money for a better hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
berlin, CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I booked this hotel for my sister when she came from Colombia last September 2013 and they told that the hotel was very dirty and needed a lot of work. The continental breakfast was really lame. I thought that things were better now, and I booked it for my other sister for her February vacation and it was horrible ! I chose this hotel because it was cheap, and they provide transportation to and from the hotel. But, it was the worst mistake ever. My poor sister needed to find a pay phone to call e, and the receptionist was very rude, and didn't want to help her out. She had to go outside and ask people in the street, and someone told her that there was a pay phone inside. my 2 families came complaining about different stuff about the rooms being very dirty etc. and this girl was very rude with everyone not just with my sister. I can't believe that they would have someone like that working there. Also, when my sister arrived at the airport and called them for pick up, they arrived one hour after. This hotel doesn't deserve even one start.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Front desk unfriendly , located behind a broken window. ( reception closed)
Room nasty and disgusting . AC very very noisy.
Not quiet at all ( dolphin highway right on the roof). Pool very small and dirty.
Free Breakfast is a joke ( one drink and choose of toast , baggel or muffin ) but you can add some food for a fee .
Plus, the neighborhood doesn't seem very safe and fancy.
Never again !!!

• Stayed February 2013
lima peru
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We used this hotel based on "good reviews" we'd received. It was run down, took an hour to get there from the airport (although it said it was ONLY 3 miles) the rooms smelled VERY strong of bug spray, floors were nasty, bath room floors nasty, Location did not "feel safe," it was loud as doors opend to balcony on street, across street from trauma center (and bail bondsman); desk person was rude when calling for shuttle, etc, etc...never again. Be forewarned and check it out very thoroughly before booking!

The ONLY redeeming factor was an attached restaurant which was excellent but was not part of the hotel. the promised "all inclusive breakfast did not start until 7:30am so we missed it to get to the airport."

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel if you are counting on the "good reviews" you've read...We di...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
The Villages, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Forget the disgusting room, forget the slow service at breakfast, we missed our plane because we waited for one of their vans to take us to the airport.When we were at the desk at 8:50am, we were the only ones going to the airport. The rest of the people(a mob scene) were going to the Port of Miami to catch their cruise ship. The driver dropped them off FIRST, then us at the airport. It was exactly 10:25am when we tried to check in for a 11:50am International flight!! Too late... they wouldn't let us board. We kept telling Greg the person in charge that we had to get to the airport, but instead, we had to book another 5pm flight at a cost of $75.00 extra per ticket. Hell will freeze over before I pay for the room and $150 for the change of planes. We are currently disputing this.

Room Tip: I cannot get a return phone call from the manager. I am told she is on sick leave, when I ask "...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I reserved a room at this hotel because it was near the Port of Miami and the photos and hotel description seemed decent. Boy, was I wrong. It is in a bad part of town. Sirens constantly. The room was not clean. The beds were uncomfortable and didn't even have blankets on them. The bedspreads were like thin little tableclothes. The bathroom had cockroaches in the tub! No hair dryer in the room as was listed on the website. The freeway noise was unbelievably loud. This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in and it wasn't particularly cheap either. The only perks were free shuttle rides from the airport and to the cruise ship, otherwise this was a horrible experience.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Rodeway Inn Miami Airport? Share your experiences!