“This hotel is a shame” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #98 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Boston, Massachusetts
“This hotel is a shame”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Front desk unfriendly , located behind a broken window. ( reception closed)
Room nasty and disgusting . AC very very noisy.
Not quiet at all ( dolphin highway right on the roof). Pool very small and dirty.
Free Breakfast is a joke ( one drink and choose of toast , baggel or muffin ) but you can add some food for a fee .
Plus, the neighborhood doesn't seem very safe and fancy.
Never again !!!

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
lima peru
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We used this hotel based on "good reviews" we'd received. It was run down, took an hour to get there from the airport (although it said it was ONLY 3 miles) the rooms smelled VERY strong of bug spray, floors were nasty, bath room floors nasty, Location did not "feel safe," it was loud as doors opend to balcony on street, across street from trauma center (and bail bondsman); desk person was rude when calling for shuttle, etc, etc...never again. Be forewarned and check it out very thoroughly before booking!

The ONLY redeeming factor was an attached restaurant which was excellent but was not part of the hotel. the promised "all inclusive breakfast did not start until 7:30am so we missed it to get to the airport."

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel if you are counting on the "good reviews" you've read...We di...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
The Villages, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Forget the disgusting room, forget the slow service at breakfast, we missed our plane because we waited for one of their vans to take us to the airport.When we were at the desk at 8:50am, we were the only ones going to the airport. The rest of the people(a mob scene) were going to the Port of Miami to catch their cruise ship. The driver dropped them off FIRST, then us at the airport. It was exactly 10:25am when we tried to check in for a 11:50am International flight!! Too late... they wouldn't let us board. We kept telling Greg the person in charge that we had to get to the airport, but instead, we had to book another 5pm flight at a cost of $75.00 extra per ticket. Hell will freeze over before I pay for the room and $150 for the change of planes. We are currently disputing this.

Room Tip: I cannot get a return phone call from the manager. I am told she is on sick leave, when I ask "...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I reserved a room at this hotel because it was near the Port of Miami and the photos and hotel description seemed decent. Boy, was I wrong. It is in a bad part of town. Sirens constantly. The room was not clean. The beds were uncomfortable and didn't even have blankets on them. The bedspreads were like thin little tableclothes. The bathroom had cockroaches in the tub! No hair dryer in the room as was listed on the website. The freeway noise was unbelievably loud. This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in and it wasn't particularly cheap either. The only perks were free shuttle rides from the airport and to the cruise ship, otherwise this was a horrible experience.

• Stayed February 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The out side of hotel looks way run down and is right next to Interstate. But the Staff was very friendly and helpful.. The room was comfortable and bed was very soft compared to all the hotels I have stayed at so far on my vacation.. The carpet was dirty though and needed to be cleaned.. my feet turned out black had to wash them again after showering just from shower to bed to put socks and shoes on.. Had a pool side room awesome.. a lot of noise from interstate but not hotels fault..
The complimentary breafast is a joke , you can only have a bagel , toast or muffin and only one of those and you can have coffee or juice and only one of those the juice was only about 6 ounces. you have to get voucher from front desk and go to restaurant. who's food was awesome for lunch the day before.. I will stay here again because they have stay park and cruise..

Room Tip: just don't expect a lot, but a good nights sleep..
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Check-in was very courteous. I did see them mop the halways, so I guess they were clean, but they sure look dingy, as did the elevator. It looked like the furniture had been recently replaced, but the room itself looked repainted many times. The bathroom door was "repaired", but needed replacing.

Parking lot was employee ashtray. Laundry Room was dirty, vending supplies out of order.

Location, location --- I guess - but not much else.

"Continental breakfast was a joke - Coffee OR Juice and a miniature muffin or bagel, with NOTHING. Fly by "service".

We did get early check-in - a nice courtesy, but a loud balcony party ensued right outside our door, booze and boisterous banter included. Front desk did send "security" and they did quiet slightly, but remained outside our door. Lousy place to party mid afternoon, anyway!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor. Is it always a party floor? I can't say. Overall - I would look e...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
sevierville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

my family was going on a cruise, we had a total of 3 rooms that were supposed to be nice rooms. also the parking during the cruise was supposed to be free (it was not). the rooms were nasty.
I booked my room through choice hotels and was given a total of 71.99 + tax 81.35.
I called and changed my room to 4 people, choice hotel said ok $10 per person (2 extra) would be $20 plus tax giving me a total of 109.99 and then I was told the room rate was 109.99 and charged tax on top of that. I feel that i was overcharged on tax on top of tax, I also didnt get best rate for early booking. my room was booked early with a credit card all i did was add 2 people to the same room and they wouldnt even give ua an extra pillow or towels. They knew before i got there that there was going to be 4 people.
also it was advertised as free continental breakfast, what a joke, you had to ask for it and they gave you a slip of paper that you take to the restaurant, you could pick 1 drink and 1 toast, bagel, or muffin. the bagel was a mini bagel and then you had to pay for anything over that. this whole experiance was terrible for me and 10 more of my family. we will probably never use choice hotels and wish i could make this complaint to rodeway inn president.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn Miami Airport? Share your experiences!