“Not worth it” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #119 of 130 hotels in Miami
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We paid 60-70 per night for the room and were thinking we got a great deal. Even though it is close to other hotels but it is not worth it.

No iron, old spring mattresses, very few towels, no hair dryer. The room in general was not looking good.

Parking sports were cramped and hard to get in and out.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

306 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel. There is a big banner on the side of the building that says "new rooms". That sign must have been twenty years old. The room had really old dirty carpet, beds had uncomfortable spring mattresses, and the rooms smelled like an ash tray, even though my room was non-smoking. The parking lot felt unsafe, probably one of the reasons why they placed a security booth in the parking lot. The security booth was always unmanned by the way. There are also questionable people living in this hotel...they rent the rooms out by the month.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Let me start by saying, I am by no means a high-maintenance traveler. I prefer staying in hostels when I'm abroad, and am always trying to save money here and there. BUT- this place is bad. I had one night in Miami on my way out of the country and while I didn't need to stay in the fanciest place, this I don't know if I can even give one star. The whole place smelled like cat pee and was extremely dirty and run-down. I checked out the room and it felt like one of those pay-by-the-hour motels where very very bad things happen (not that I would know what that feels like). I made up some excuse about being relocated somewhere closer to where I'd be working, but they wouldn't refund my money, which was totally fine. I ended up Pricelining the Marriott for around $90 for the night. It was way more than I wanted to spend on just staying there for a stopover, but it was a DREAM after that place!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Marigot, St Maarten-St Martin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

people who work there never smile don't say anything about what the hotel can offer ( ex : time for breakfast that by the way was very low) and it's suppose to be a hotel and not hostel that why i was very surprised when i had to shared my room (was not write anywhere in my reservation!!!!)and when i ask to do something about that they just don't care! we also had to change 4 time the key who never works! it's was just the worst experience in hotel in my life! don't go there!!!!

Room Tip: don't go there!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Brandon, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

The whole entire building needs major renovation. Needs new beds, carpet is black and muddy, not just dusty, but muddy, you wouldn't want to remove your flipflops when you're taking a shower, bathtub is very filthy. Water from the faucet is yellow. Services is terrible, not very professional at all, very rude.

Room Tip: Any suite/room you're in, it's noisy...because the building is right beside a freeway! VERY...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

First i read all the reviews from a lot of sites before choosing here.They were pretty much in agreement that this place is not the Hyatt but a great value for the layover traveller in expensive Miami. The rooms are quite cheap ( I paid $45 for a night) so don't expect the high class crowd here.
I went with no expectations and was not disappointed! I had a 18hour layover for an LAX flight the next day so chose this cause it was the cheapest and closest to Miami airport. The staff were very professional but not overly friendly they even received a couple of packages I ordered from Amazon 2 days before my arrival and secured them safely. Check in and Checkout were a breeze.
Room was okay,not obviously dirty (though I didn't try to walk around barefeet). pool looked small, nice and inviting,Doors were heavy and doublelocked. Tv was flatscreen, Room had smoky smell didn't bother me though and I didn't see any smoke butts. Air conditioner was very functional. Security was present and unobtrusive throughout the hotel. Lotsa eating places around ,
Highway noise honestly wasn't noticeable from inside the room! and I had a room facing the much maligned highway!
Yes I will stay here again if I had a day to spend in Miami without a doubt. Maybe if I stay longer I might notice the other deficiencies highlighted by others.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Alamosa, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn Miami Airport, Miami, Fla., on April 29, 2012, because it offered a shuttle from the airport when I flew in--although it was a long wait--and one to the ship for the cruise I was taking the next day. And it was cheap. The front desk staff was far from friendly. The room keys did not work and had to be recarded. The pool area, which was outside my room, smelled of urine. The stinky room was neat but very dirty and the carpet was greasy and filty and probably should be replaced, The shower curtain had mildew; the toilet was grubby around the base. There wasn't a hair drier. The bed was too soft and I woke with a backache.
The accompanying breakfast was juice and a croissant. I had eaten at the resturant the night before and while the food was OK, it was nothing to write home about. The restaurant was noisy and smokey.
I asked if I could have a late check-out as it was raining and I would not get to the ship before the scheduled time and was told that I would be charged for another day if I stayed beyond noon even though I am a Choice Privileges member. I ended up checking out around 11 a.m. and had to ask for a receipt for the room; the person at the desk sounded put out that I wanted one.

Room Tip: When I talked about my room to other guests, one young couple said their room was all right so maybe...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Rodeway Inn Miami Airport? Share your experiences!