“Good...Great value for the overnight traveller” 4 of 5 stars

Rodeway Inn Miami Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1050 NW 14th Street, Miami, FL 33136 (Allapattah)   |
Ranked #119 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Good...Great value for the overnight traveller”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

First i read all the reviews from a lot of sites before choosing here.They were pretty much in agreement that this place is not the Hyatt but a great value for the layover traveller in expensive Miami. The rooms are quite cheap ( I paid $45 for a night) so don't expect the high class crowd here.
I went with no expectations and was not disappointed! I had a 18hour layover for an LAX flight the next day so chose this cause it was the cheapest and closest to Miami airport. The staff were very professional but not overly friendly they even received a couple of packages I ordered from Amazon 2 days before my arrival and secured them safely. Check in and Checkout were a breeze.
Room was okay,not obviously dirty (though I didn't try to walk around barefeet). pool looked small, nice and inviting,Doors were heavy and doublelocked. Tv was flatscreen, Room had smoky smell didn't bother me though and I didn't see any smoke butts. Air conditioner was very functional. Security was present and unobtrusive throughout the hotel. Lotsa eating places around ,
Highway noise honestly wasn't noticeable from inside the room! and I had a room facing the much maligned highway!
Yes I will stay here again if I had a day to spend in Miami without a doubt. Maybe if I stay longer I might notice the other deficiencies highlighted by others.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Alamosa, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn Miami Airport, Miami, Fla., on April 29, 2012, because it offered a shuttle from the airport when I flew in--although it was a long wait--and one to the ship for the cruise I was taking the next day. And it was cheap. The front desk staff was far from friendly. The room keys did not work and had to be recarded. The pool area, which was outside my room, smelled of urine. The stinky room was neat but very dirty and the carpet was greasy and filty and probably should be replaced, The shower curtain had mildew; the toilet was grubby around the base. There wasn't a hair drier. The bed was too soft and I woke with a backache.
The accompanying breakfast was juice and a croissant. I had eaten at the resturant the night before and while the food was OK, it was nothing to write home about. The restaurant was noisy and smokey.
I asked if I could have a late check-out as it was raining and I would not get to the ship before the scheduled time and was told that I would be charged for another day if I stayed beyond noon even though I am a Choice Privileges member. I ended up checking out around 11 a.m. and had to ask for a receipt for the room; the person at the desk sounded put out that I wanted one.

Room Tip: When I talked about my room to other guests, one young couple said their room was all right so maybe...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Kiev, Ukraine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

So, I'm here after all the review placed before. I am not owner and not angry fired staff, who fighting here by placing good and bad reviews. True is in the middle.
This is hotel where you get exactly what you'll get anywhere in the world for 40-50 USD per room per night. It is simple, but not dirty hotel. Yes, here is no frills for such rate, but here is no bedbugs, cockroaches etc. I have checked mattrace and it's brand new and linens is pure white with no spots or holes. Floor carpet is clean and consistent. Furniture in room looks like new. Ok, not from precious woods, but new. Here is a flat screen TV as promoted. Aircon in each room - cool and heat possible.
What is breakfast here? For free you'll get 1 drink (juise, coffee or tea) and 1 bread (croissant, bagel or toast). You can add eggs, omelets etc for about 4-6 dollars per person. University Breakfast for 7.5 USD was good addon to that free drink+bread. Again, if you pay 40-50 USD per night, don't expect to much at breakfast. Don't forget to collect your breakfast voucher at reception before entering restaurant. By the way, restaurant staff very friendly and charming peoples.
Half of rooms looks to highway, which is active and noisy all the night. So, if you sensible to noise, choice other hotel. I'm Ok, especially for 2 nights.
Hotel provides free shuttle to Miami Cruise Port from 8.30 to 14.00, which runs all the morning, and also you can use free shuttle to the airport, but only if your flight arrives/departs not too late.
For European guest here is few adaptors for 20 USD deposit each.
Most staff looks friendly.
Hotel located at Jakson Hospotal district, so you'll be surraunded by hospitals. You can pass through to Metro Civic Center station. For only 2 USD one-way or 5 USD per day you can use metro. Hotel is only two stations from Government Center and free Metromover.
Hotel locted at direct highway from airport. At late night for 4 of us with 4 suitcases we paid 20 USD for taxi to reach this hotel.
If you on budget and need to stay overnigh or two before cruise or connecting flight, this hotel is an option. Don't mind swimming pool, I consider it as for decoration only, because it's not good for using by humans. Area around swimming pool not renowated yet.
Do not pay attention to the sharply negative reviews. The Queen should not settle in a cheap hotel. If someone needs frills they should pay more, but not complain against cheap hotel.
Here some real pictures of room 504 added. Here is no fungus, bugs or mold. Hotel is simple, but clean.
Free Wi-Fi available in room with few hot-spots you can switch. Ask for password at reception. Not super fast, but fast enough for daily needs in Internet (e-mail, documents exchange, pictures uploads etc.)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Had to get a hotel real quick as our landlord decided to fumigate the apartments where I live and I opted for this place as it was real close by. A very old building but functional except for the wireless internet which was a nightmare despite having a signal router right outside the door. First elevator I tried was out of service but was working later on. Room was simple and clean and staff seemed fast and efficient. Overall, it did what I needed it to but not much else.

Covington, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My Brother had cancer surgery & we stayed here due to its closeness to the Hospital. From begining to end, our stay was horrible. We had to switch rms due to chemical odor. The 2nd rom was not any better and felt unsafe. 24 hr. Security wasnt. They overchrged us on bill & took a week to correct it. a Horrible Place!

Room Tip: Find another place to stay!!!
Taylor
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Well, the whole reason for my trip to Miami was to visit the University in Coral Gables, and this motel was the cheapest one that came with our Travelocity package. The hotel's website had some pretty nice pictures, so we decided to book it. After making our reservations, I decided to look online and see what other people had to say; after reading all the reviews on here, I was terrified. I thought the motel was going to be some drug dealer or gang hangout, and I went to Miami hoping for the worst. Actually, it wasn't that bad. The motel was one of the OLDEST buildings I have ever seen, and walking through the halls made me cringe a little because of the ancient atmosphere. When we got to the room, I saw that it was pretty good for what I expected. The room decor was TACKY and the television quality was horrible (even though the TVs themselves were relevantly new), but it was clean and comfortable. The area can't really be considered that bad because it's directly across from the University Hospital and the only people I saw walking around during the day were old people and medical students. The people at the front desk were very helpful recommending city transportation and telling us how to get around and our stay went pretty well. The connected pharmacy and restaurant were also really convenient. I honestly believe that most of these other reviews are overreactions because my stay was nowhere near as bad as theirs. The one thing I will say though is that some of the other guests can be quite inconsiderate: at 11 PM, while I was trying to get some homework done, there were some high school/college kids hanging out on the balcony screaming their heads off. I could also hear people in the next room over talking late at night. Overall, I'd recommend this motel to anyone that's just looking for a comfortable and convenient place to stay.

Room Tip: It seems like there's less guest noise on the lower floors.
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

This place has some terrible reviews and we almost didn’t stay there but I couldn’t pass up the price. Now I admit that this motel is nothing to write home about but for the price you can’t beat it. We got it for $46 during spring break when everything else was much higher. We were only wanting a comfortable place to spend the night and it was okay for that. The room was clean, it was fairly spacious, the plumbing and air conditioning worked. What more could you ask. All of the members of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The motel has a pool and a gym. It has free wifi if you ask for the code at the front desk. It also has a free continental breakfast if you ask at the desk. They give you a voucher for the attached restaurant. It is pretty meager, but it’s free.

The motel is right next to a major highway and you do hear a lot of highway noise. The drone of our air condition drowned out most of it and it wasn’t a problem

The motel provides a free shuttle to and from Miami International Airport. We didn't use it so I can't comment on it.

The University Patio & Grill is attached to the motel. They have good food and it’s not too terribly expensive. It’s mostly sandwiches and most of them are $6.95. I ordered a gyro. It was delicious and so big that two could have easily shared it. The bar has Happy Hour from 4-8 Monday through Friday. Bottled beer is only $2.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn Miami Airport? Share your experiences!