“budget accommodation in Miami” 2 of 5 stars

Rodeway Inn Miami Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1050 NW 14th Street, Miami, FL 33136 (Allapattah)   |
Ranked #118 of 129 hotels in Miami
Kiev, Ukraine
“budget accommodation in Miami”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

So, I'm here after all the review placed before. I am not owner and not angry fired staff, who fighting here by placing good and bad reviews. True is in the middle.
This is hotel where you get exactly what you'll get anywhere in the world for 40-50 USD per room per night. It is simple, but not dirty hotel. Yes, here is no frills for such rate, but here is no bedbugs, cockroaches etc. I have checked mattrace and it's brand new and linens is pure white with no spots or holes. Floor carpet is clean and consistent. Furniture in room looks like new. Ok, not from precious woods, but new. Here is a flat screen TV as promoted. Aircon in each room - cool and heat possible.
What is breakfast here? For free you'll get 1 drink (juise, coffee or tea) and 1 bread (croissant, bagel or toast). You can add eggs, omelets etc for about 4-6 dollars per person. University Breakfast for 7.5 USD was good addon to that free drink+bread. Again, if you pay 40-50 USD per night, don't expect to much at breakfast. Don't forget to collect your breakfast voucher at reception before entering restaurant. By the way, restaurant staff very friendly and charming peoples.
Half of rooms looks to highway, which is active and noisy all the night. So, if you sensible to noise, choice other hotel. I'm Ok, especially for 2 nights.
Hotel provides free shuttle to Miami Cruise Port from 8.30 to 14.00, which runs all the morning, and also you can use free shuttle to the airport, but only if your flight arrives/departs not too late.
For European guest here is few adaptors for 20 USD deposit each.
Most staff looks friendly.
Hotel located at Jakson Hospotal district, so you'll be surraunded by hospitals. You can pass through to Metro Civic Center station. For only 2 USD one-way or 5 USD per day you can use metro. Hotel is only two stations from Government Center and free Metromover.
Hotel locted at direct highway from airport. At late night for 4 of us with 4 suitcases we paid 20 USD for taxi to reach this hotel.
If you on budget and need to stay overnigh or two before cruise or connecting flight, this hotel is an option. Don't mind swimming pool, I consider it as for decoration only, because it's not good for using by humans. Area around swimming pool not renowated yet.
Do not pay attention to the sharply negative reviews. The Queen should not settle in a cheap hotel. If someone needs frills they should pay more, but not complain against cheap hotel.
Here some real pictures of room 504 added. Here is no fungus, bugs or mold. Hotel is simple, but clean.
Free Wi-Fi available in room with few hot-spots you can switch. Ask for password at reception. Not super fast, but fast enough for daily needs in Internet (e-mail, documents exchange, pictures uploads etc.)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

270 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Had to get a hotel real quick as our landlord decided to fumigate the apartments where I live and I opted for this place as it was real close by. A very old building but functional except for the wireless internet which was a nightmare despite having a signal router right outside the door. First elevator I tried was out of service but was working later on. Room was simple and clean and staff seemed fast and efficient. Overall, it did what I needed it to but not much else.

Covington, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My Brother had cancer surgery & we stayed here due to its closeness to the Hospital. From begining to end, our stay was horrible. We had to switch rms due to chemical odor. The 2nd rom was not any better and felt unsafe. 24 hr. Security wasnt. They overchrged us on bill & took a week to correct it. a Horrible Place!

Room Tip: Find another place to stay!!!
Taylor
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Well, the whole reason for my trip to Miami was to visit the University in Coral Gables, and this motel was the cheapest one that came with our Travelocity package. The hotel's website had some pretty nice pictures, so we decided to book it. After making our reservations, I decided to look online and see what other people had to say; after reading all the reviews on here, I was terrified. I thought the motel was going to be some drug dealer or gang hangout, and I went to Miami hoping for the worst. Actually, it wasn't that bad. The motel was one of the OLDEST buildings I have ever seen, and walking through the halls made me cringe a little because of the ancient atmosphere. When we got to the room, I saw that it was pretty good for what I expected. The room decor was TACKY and the television quality was horrible (even though the TVs themselves were relevantly new), but it was clean and comfortable. The area can't really be considered that bad because it's directly across from the University Hospital and the only people I saw walking around during the day were old people and medical students. The people at the front desk were very helpful recommending city transportation and telling us how to get around and our stay went pretty well. The connected pharmacy and restaurant were also really convenient. I honestly believe that most of these other reviews are overreactions because my stay was nowhere near as bad as theirs. The one thing I will say though is that some of the other guests can be quite inconsiderate: at 11 PM, while I was trying to get some homework done, there were some high school/college kids hanging out on the balcony screaming their heads off. I could also hear people in the next room over talking late at night. Overall, I'd recommend this motel to anyone that's just looking for a comfortable and convenient place to stay.

Room Tip: It seems like there's less guest noise on the lower floors.
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

This place has some terrible reviews and we almost didn’t stay there but I couldn’t pass up the price. Now I admit that this motel is nothing to write home about but for the price you can’t beat it. We got it for $46 during spring break when everything else was much higher. We were only wanting a comfortable place to spend the night and it was okay for that. The room was clean, it was fairly spacious, the plumbing and air conditioning worked. What more could you ask. All of the members of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The motel has a pool and a gym. It has free wifi if you ask for the code at the front desk. It also has a free continental breakfast if you ask at the desk. They give you a voucher for the attached restaurant. It is pretty meager, but it’s free.

The motel is right next to a major highway and you do hear a lot of highway noise. The drone of our air condition drowned out most of it and it wasn’t a problem

The motel provides a free shuttle to and from Miami International Airport. We didn't use it so I can't comment on it.

The University Patio & Grill is attached to the motel. They have good food and it’s not too terribly expensive. It’s mostly sandwiches and most of them are $6.95. I ordered a gyro. It was delicious and so big that two could have easily shared it. The bar has Happy Hour from 4-8 Monday through Friday. Bottled beer is only $2.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Compton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I was in Miami 2 weeks ago and stayed at the Rodeway Inn. This place was disgusting. I did not have the nerve to check for bed bugs because I was afraid of what i would find, but the mattresses did not look clean. The shower sucked. The water pressure was very weak and not just that but the temperature would change all the time. Also, the tub did not feel clean so when I would shower, I would get in with my sandals on. The hallways and elevators were dirty and smelled. I was too afraid to walk out by myself because it just didn't feel safe. And the nights were the worst, our rooms faced the freeway so I didn't get a good night sleep because of the honking from the traffic on the highway. The only good thing this place had was the restaurant. Never again will I stay in this hotel. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We didn't expect the Four Seasons when we booked this hotel for the night before our flight, but I also would have liked not to feel worried about my well being when staying somewhere (and paying). When we arrived, we were given a room key pretty quickly, and I felt uncomfortable and immediately locked the door and bolts behind us. It was pretty smelly in the hallways and inside the room... The "amenities" were bare minimum and the sink was part of the bedroom NOT the bathroom. anyway, we checked the bed for bed bugs but probably not well enough, because upon our return we found we'd been eaten alive. i have 30 bites all over my arms and shoulders, and i'm pretty disgusted and wouldn't be surprised if it was all from rodeway. just know what you're getting into before you set expectations. for what we paid for, everything was as we expected, save for AN INFESTATION.

Room Tip: Don't choose one at this place.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Rodeway Inn Miami Airport? Share your experiences!