“Fantastic Hotel, breathtaking views of The Bay, treated like royalty!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel

Fly South for the Winter
Ranked #5 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel, breathtaking views of The Bay, treated like royalty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

We used this hotel as a pre cruise hotel, think cost maybe £360 ish for the night, worth every penny, we booked club level, 30th floor, waterside views, absolutely stunning. We arrived midday, straight to the pool where we were greeted with complimentary wine, wine and more wine. The pool area was gorgeous. Then up to shower and get ready for the evening ahead, we went into the club lounge, which had an open well stocked bar (premium drinks),(complimentary) and a selection of delicious food,(complimentary) we sat on the balcony outside until dark, it was fantastic and we wanted for nothing. The next day, we went to breakfast in the club lounge (again complimentary) and had champagne and OJ. smoked salmon, cream cheese and capers (yum what a combination)there was lots of other stuff, again sat on the balcony and watch the world go by. (Fanatastic) I didn't want to leave. ( in fact other than tipping, we struggled to spend money, EVERYTHING on club level was complimentary. As the Americans say, AWESOME hotel. Check out and taxi to the port was immediate. Definitely will go again.... Well done Epic, you've got it right.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2011
duxidot:
Thank you for taking a moment and posting your awesome experience with us.
We look forward to your return.
Sean McKeen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
roslyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

I took my spouse to the Epic to celebrate a special birthday. Her priority was a great view from her balcony and they delivered.. I recommend Room 3003.

For her birthday, they gave her flowers and a birthday cake without our asking.

The staff in the club lounge was fantastic. If you didn't see what you wanted in their food presentations, they tried to get you something you would.

Everyone seemed to know our names. When you came back from a tour or activity, they asked how you enjoyed. They made you feel like more than just a customer.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
mrttort:
Thank you for taking a few moments to post your fabulous contribution.
Thank you also for mentioning the fantastic staff.
We look forward to you celebrating your next special event with us.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

We were thoroughly impressed with The EPIC before we even arrived. We'd booked a club-level king room with a water view. Weeks before our arrival, I emailed the hotel requesting a quiet room, away from the elevator and club lounge (after reading a review here) - our request was fulfilled promptly with a kind email stating our room had already been selected. What we loved when we arrived (1/14-1/17):

- super friendly & courteous staff (not the least bit pretentious)
- beautiful decor in lobby, common areas and rooms
- large room and bathroom
- free computer/internet
- large balcony & beautiful view of river/port
- very quiet room
- great pool & gym

We booked the club level primarily based on reviews on this site. JP welcomed us in the club lounge Friday, and he was great - had wonderful recommendations for restaurants and things to do around town. Lounge had a nice selection of light appetizers and drinks/cocktails (if they didn't have it, they went and got it). Two new concierges Saturday morning, who were also courtous and attentive - one got us into Zuma (the new, "it" restaurant, located in the hotel) that night.

However, the club level lost some of its lustre as the weekend progressed. Perhaps the hotel chooses not to fully staff the club lounge during certain weekend hours, but we oftentimes found it completely empty - the club conceirge appeared to have been assigned to multiple tasks throughout the entire hotel (i.e. front desk, free wine hour). I understand this from a business perspective, but if we pay an extra $30/night for the service, we'd like to have someone available when we walk in - or at least maybe a note telling us they'll be right back? In general, it was nice to have snacks & drinks during certain times of day (continental breakfast was decent), but I don't think we'd do it again unless the weekend service was improved a bit.

Despite the club level's slight deficiency, it was more than made up for by the service provided by Mark. Wow - this guy was great. Upon bringing us anything, he immediately asked "what else can I get you?" While we were there, he worked at both the pool and club lounge - always greeted us personally, offered us restaurant recommendations, and generally made us feel very pampered.

Would definitely recommend a stay at The EPIC, and we'll be back...maybe just not on the club level.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
ChicagoKJC:
Thank you for taking a few moments to post this almost perfect contribution.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be back.
Thank you for recognizing JP & Mark they are amazing a creating a personalized guest experience. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding our club level staffing; we will remedy this opportunity today.
Again we look forward to your return with us.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

I stayed at the EPIC Hotel for one night, and used the room to surprise my girlfriend and propose to her. To begin with, the room was incredible and exactly as advertised. I didn't have the time to use the pool, but wish I did. The hotel staff was eager to help with every single request I had, which include the following:

1. Late (5pm) checkout
2. Provided four easels to the room so that I could display some enlarged photos
3. Delivered a package I had shipped to the hotel right when I checked in
4. Pretended to check-in my girlfriend when she arrived at the hotel to keep the surprise going

Overall - I would highly recommend this hotel. Their customer service can not be matched.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2011
rachitj:
Congratulations and thank you for posting your experience with us.
We look forward to many return stays with us.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

We stayed at the Epic for 3 nights Dec 23-26. I have 90% positive things to say about it:

The rate was excellent.
Location good - close to the airport / cruise port / bayside / good local restaurants and easy to hop on a bus to South Beach or a mall etc.
Nice rooms.
Excellent bed.
Great pool area.
We stayed on the club floor, which I would highly recommend.
Staff were helpful and pleasant during our stay - especially Sonja in the club lounge.
Free computer in room - excellent, all hotels should do this!

I have 2 complaints which stop it from being excellent - firstly the room I felt could have been cleaner... the bathroom was, on close inspection not cleaned properly (lots of dust behind the sinks etc and the bed was never made properly during our stay (the bottom sheet was never touched at all!), only a small thing in what was a great room, but I don't expect dust or to have to make my own bed in this standard of hotel.

My biggest concern was we lost our luggae on the way out. Sonja was so very helpful in tying to help us locate it, but alas we had to leave for our cruise with it still missing. When we returned back to Miami we were staying in another location for a few days and we called the Epic several times to see if by chance it had turned up and each time was told no. 3 days the later the local delivery company provided us proof that it had in fact been at the Epic for at least 3 days! When we rang again and told them, they "found it" and used the excuss they didn' t have our correct phone number - this is rubbish as we gave it in when we chceked in, it is on my online record, Sonja has it as she called me on it and they also have my email! We were without luggage for at least 3 days when it was sat at the hotel and no one told us.

This I am afriad, has made me mark them down as it seemed when we were there the service was excellent, but that stopped once we left and that, along with us not having our luggae is a real shame. The hotel itself is still lovely I just feel let down by the after service re our luggae....

ta2306:
Thank you for taking a few moments to post your experience with us.
We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed the majority of your stay. We appreciate the feedback of your daily guest room service and your lost luggage; both items will be addressed.
We look forward to your return with us.
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

We just came back from The Epic for New Years weekend. I booked a club level room,which is definitly worth the extra cost.I always make a point of asking for a quiet room,away from noise,elevators,etc.It was on my reservation,and I also told the front desk girl.She said"we are booked up"but my room should be quiet." Well,it was next to the club lounge(the kitchen)so there was noise all day and night.We couldnt change the room.But everything else was great.The room was on the 29th floor,great view of the city.With a terrace to view the fireworks.Theres a computer in the room,& free internet service.I loved the 5 presentations in the club lounge,and the concierges were so nice.The food,expecially at the evening reception,was really good.All the amenities at the hotel,the pool,spa,restaurants are exceptional.We didnt even leave the hotel,we had everything we needed there.I cant imagine staying anywhere else in Miami.In fact,we intend to make this our close to home getaway from now on.Upon checkout,we told Macarena about the room noise,and she looked up our reservation and saw that we requested a quiet room away from noise.This very sweet young lady really cares about people.She gave us an adjustment on our bill,which I wasnt expecting.I just want the manager to know that my room request was ignored by the check in person,but check out made up for that,and Macarena is a great employee.This is what makes people come back to a hotel.I just know next time,to ask for a different room on the club floor,and make sure I check the room first.But I have been telling everyone to stay at the Epic,they wont be dissapointed.There is no reason to stay anyplace else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2011
lmmBocaRaton:
Happy New Year; we are so happy that you chose to stay with us and thank you for taking a few minutes to post your experience with us. Thank you also for your recommendation and we look forward to your return stay with us.
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Our pet was welcomed in a genuine gentle way and like royalty! We loved the room: very clean and nicely designed! Superior room with water view was large and very comfortable.
Housekeeping was a bit slow to make our room...but this was a very tiny inconvenience actually. We had dinner twice at Area 31 (the rest of the Hotel) and the food was great. Will go back for sure.

ParisPuertoRico:
Thank you for taking a few moments to post your experience with us.
We love our furry little family members. We will follow up on the housekeeping service.
We look forward to your return and your fun little family.
Sean McKeen

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!