We were thoroughly impressed with The EPIC before we even arrived. We'd booked a club-level king room with a water view. Weeks before our arrival, I emailed the hotel requesting a quiet room, away from the elevator and club lounge (after reading a review here) - our request was fulfilled promptly with a kind email stating our room had already been selected. What we loved when we arrived (1/14-1/17):
- super friendly & courteous staff (not the least bit pretentious)
- beautiful decor in lobby, common areas and rooms
- large room and bathroom
- free computer/internet
- large balcony & beautiful view of river/port
- very quiet room
- great pool & gym
We booked the club level primarily based on reviews on this site. JP welcomed us in the club lounge Friday, and he was great - had wonderful recommendations for restaurants and things to do around town. Lounge had a nice selection of light appetizers and drinks/cocktails (if they didn't have it, they went and got it). Two new concierges Saturday morning, who were also courtous and attentive - one got us into Zuma (the new, "it" restaurant, located in the hotel) that night.
However, the club level lost some of its lustre as the weekend progressed. Perhaps the hotel chooses not to fully staff the club lounge during certain weekend hours, but we oftentimes found it completely empty - the club conceirge appeared to have been assigned to multiple tasks throughout the entire hotel (i.e. front desk, free wine hour). I understand this from a business perspective, but if we pay an extra $30/night for the service, we'd like to have someone available when we walk in - or at least maybe a note telling us they'll be right back? In general, it was nice to have snacks & drinks during certain times of day (continental breakfast was decent), but I don't think we'd do it again unless the weekend service was improved a bit.
Despite the club level's slight deficiency, it was more than made up for by the service provided by Mark. Wow - this guy was great. Upon bringing us anything, he immediately asked "what else can I get you?" While we were there, he worked at both the pool and club lounge - always greeted us personally, offered us restaurant recommendations, and generally made us feel very pampered.
Would definitely recommend a stay at The EPIC, and we'll be back...maybe just not on the club level.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EPIC Hotel is the premier luxury hotel in Miami, a sparkling cosmopolitan destination on the bank of the Miami River where it meets Biscayne Bay. A stunning addition to Miami, this hotel, a Kimpton Hotel, epitomizes urban design while offering guests a level of style and service expected of such a resort. With exceptional amenities, breathtaking views and dining venues like Area 31, EPIC Hotel makes for an unparalleled Miami experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and Jetsetter so you can book your EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Epic Hotel Kimpton