“Miami's #1 Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Winter Haven, Florida
“Miami's #1 Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

I have stayed at the Epic on at least 6 occasions for both business and pleasure. I always stay on the concierge floor and it is certainly worth every penny - thank you Bonaldo! The rooms are clean and everyone goes out of their way to make sure all of my needs are met.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2010
ThePinkSuitcase:
Thank you for taking a few moments of your time to write such a great contribution.
Thank you also for your continued patronage and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
Potomac Falls, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights to celebrate our tenth anniversary. We stayed on the club level and it was so worth it! When I checked in I was welcomed by name. The concierges were wonderful and made us really feel special. We first went to the club lounge and met Bonaldo, who warmly welcomed us and immediately upgraded us to a suite when he found out it was our anniversary. He also sent us champagne and strawberries to celebrate. Another night, he sent us a cheese plate! He really made our anniversary special. Gene was excellent as well - he helped us figure out our dinner plans when we didn't know what to pick and made reservations for us - he's really amazing with restaurants! The club level was so nice - breakfast in the mornings, and different food presentations all day. Every time we walked in the club lounge we were treated like special guests. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurants because there were so many places to try but the food in the club lounge was just fantastic.

Our room was huge - we had a sitting room and bedroom, with a computer in the sitting room. We had two balconies - one large one was overlooking the Miami River where I could watch the manatees swimming every evening. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was large and really nice. We didn't have the open window between the bedroom and bathroom but we did see that in our original King room. We had a huge shower that took up about 1/4 of the bathroom, a separate tub, and his and her sinks. Unfortunately while we were there the main pools were closed due to construction but we were able to use the smaller resident pools. I was so disappointed because I was excited to lay out on the pool deck and take advantage of the beautiful cabanas that you can see on the EPIC's website. At the pool deck you are given complimentary lemon water and a choice of magazines or newspapers. In the lobby there was always a supply of fresh water infused with lemons, apples, or oranges.

We did have a weird problem where our keycards stopped working for the elevators and there was a charge from the mini bar that wasn't ours but these issues were resolved quickly by the front desk staff. The hotel is within walking distance to Bayside and Mary Brickell Village. We didn't have a car while we were there and it was fine. A cab ride to South Beach was around $23. Every time we left or came back to the hotel someone would open the door for us with a pleasant "good morning" or "welcome back". When we were leaving, the doormen asked if we had a nice stay and really seemed to care if we did.

Overall, this was an amazing stay. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a luxurious getaway in Miami. The hotel was very nice, but it is really the staff that made it exceptional. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
KemiL:
Thank you for taking a few moments to write such an amazing contribution.
Happy Belated Anniversary. Thank you also for praising the team.
We look forward to your return.
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

My boyfriend and I took a trip to Miami in September 2010 and stayed in the Cityview Junior Suite the room was very clean and comfortable. The people were very friendly and helpful when we needed something they brought it up to us in a reasonsble time. The Epic hotel is a very nice hotal to stay at I will stayed there when I take that trip to Miami again.

Ashanti107:
Thank you for taking a few moments to write such a fantastic contribution.
Thank you also for mentioning how friendly the team is.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Miami.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Stayed at Epic for 3 days to see Miami prior to leaving to Carribean for a week. This hotel was very nice, enjoyed computer with free internet in the room. King bed was very comfortable, good night sleep. Room was very clean and spacious. Bathroom was clean and very large, there was a window from the bathroom to the living space, this was kinda weird to be able to see into the bathroom. View from room was very nice of pool and Miami river. Restuarants in this Hotel were alright, very expensive, a orange juice in the morning is $8 a little ridiculous.
Close walking distance to the bay marketplace, a nice walk along the river.
Oscar the concierge was very nice, he helped us rent a car for the day to save money in cab fares and directed us to the Sawgrass mills shopping centre. We had planned on going to Dolphin Mall but Oscar directed us to Sawgrass mills instead. We took his advise, i wish we would have gone with what we wanted. Sawgrass mills was a good outlet mall but was very mixed in selection. We will most likely not return to that mall in the future. If we are ever in Miami again we will plan on going to Dolphin mall.
Miami beach is very nice, Lincoln road has alot of good stores for shopping and good restuarants. Overall if we needed to stay in downtown miami again we would consider returning to this Hotel.

Chelsie215:
Thank you for writing your very nice contribution.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and would return.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

This Hotel was great. It was very clean and the staff was amazingly friendly. Only minus was the price, very high price but also very high quality. Oh and only one recommendation, be careful with the services you use at the spa, because they charged me a lot more than what I actually used, is good checking your bill twice.

Mai201010:
Thank you for taking a few moments to post your great contribution.
Thank you also for mentioning the clean, high quality product and amazingly friendly employees.
I will follow up regarding the opportunities rectifying your expenses with the spa.
We look forward to your return with us.
cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

This place is amazing. the location, the service.

My wife and I stayed on the club level of this hotel, and got free drinks made by our own little "suite man". the restaurant was to die for, kinda pricey, but everyone there treated you like I have never been treated... 100x A+

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2010
lukegamble:
Thank you for taking a few moments of your time to write such an amazing contribution.
Congratulations and thank you for spending the first day of your honeymoon with us.
We look forward to seeing you again on a special anniversary.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

I chose the Epic Hotel for my birthday celebration with two friends and we were not disappointed! As a matter of fact, the hotel exceeded our expectations and we are already talking about going back soon and taking other friends.
I booked the hotel through with miles so the room I got was the most basic one with city view. Since I told them it was my birthday, upon checking in they had upgraded us to a water view room, which was an amazing birthday gift! The rooms feature big (for a hotel) balconies with a table and chairs. It was nice to spend sometime sitting outside enjoying the cooler breeze.
On the mileage program website it said it had a special offer of "complimentary breakfast for two" and when checking in they couldn't confirm it. However, they were nice enough to offer it for the three of us. And the complimentary breakfast was also a surprise in itself with the option of fruits+toast or fruits+pastries. The pastries are totally worthy it and the fruit bowl is fresh and big, definitely not your ordinary complimentary breakfast most hotels offer. We also ordered a breakfast plate with poached eggs that was delicious!

If you have some spare time do plan on soaking up the sun at the pools! Unfortunately I can only talk about the smaller pool area because the other side (with the bigger pools and the cabanas) was closed for restoration. I would probably have booked my getaway for another weekend if I knew the main pool area was closed because that was one of the things that attracted us to the hotel. The other pool area is smaller but nice still. The downside was that there was an event on one of the days so it got really crowded and we got uncomfortable because they were all business people. On a brighter note, do get ready to get spoiled with the staff constantly coming back to check if you need anything and filling up the cup with fresh lemon water. If you like tall buildings and airplanes flying over you, this hotel's pool is a good place for you! I enjoyed it.

The double room we stayed at was neat and with a beautiful modern decoration. The bathtub is right under a window that faces the actual room and the bathroom has double sinks with beautiful mirrors and great lighting for putting make up on! Everything in the room seems pretty new. Make sure to try the shampoo, conditioner, etc, because they smell amazing! A downside was that, even though there is a computer with free high-speed internet in the room, there wasn't a DVD player and the selection of movies to order was limited and pricey. I would suggest they add some more options or DVD players to the rooms.

Don't be intimidated with the $32/night valet rate. It's a fairly big hotel in the heart of Miami, and if it weren't for the valet, people would probably complain about the traffic jam in the garage. I was actually thankful that I didn't have to deal with the hustle of a huge parking garage in an area where traffic can be slightly hostile, in my opinion.

Again, I need to point out that the staff at the Epic Hotel is great and very helpful! They definitely emphasize customer service, which is something I value more than anything. It is nice to have someone answer the phone saying your name when you call the front desk and being so prompt to help. Not to mention how beautiful this hotel is! Go see it for yourself!

Can't wait to stay at the Epic again!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
VivianeA1:
Thank you for the great contribution. We are so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Ultimately, that is our goal.
We look forward to your return.
Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!