“Gorgeous Hotel, Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

25% Off + FREE Upgrade
Ranked #5 of 129 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Gorgeous Hotel, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

I just stayed at this hotel last weekend with an old friend. This hotel totally exceeded my expectations. The architecture and design was stunning, especially the lobby area. Our room was just beautiful. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite. Talk about views!!! And we had TWO balconies, one off the HUGE and gorgeous bathroom. Bed was extremely comfortable. There was even a computer in the the living room for internet use (i don't know if there was a charge). Even the hallways of the hotel were bright, and modern, and didn't feel like an old stuffy hotel - or even a hotel at all for that matter - felt more like a fancy condo building. And everything was SO CLEAN!!!

Not only was the hotel beautiful, the service was excellent across the board. From the bellmen, to reception (Seth is awesome and SOO Nice!), the concierge (Reuben was very knowledgeable, friendly and secured us hair appointments in a snap), to the pool boys (accomodated us and visiting friends and their babies with a great attitude and immediately brought us ice waters), to the housekeeping staff and room service (we called at 3:00 am to have the pull-out couch made up for sleeping and they were there in under five minutes; also ordered room service at 3:00 am and they were very prompt and friendly). While this hotel is not on the beach, it is so beautiful with excellent service, great amenities (multiple, beautiful pools with great views, excellent spa - Exhale - and gym), and excellent location if you are going to be traveling to multiple places in and around Miami. I would highly recommend it!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2010
dcyogi:
Wow, thank you for taking a few moments to post your excellent experience with us.
Thank you for mentioning the modern, bright property and the excellent service.
We look forward to your next stay with us.

1,931 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

I stayed at the Epic Hotel in Miami for two nights. Although it's located a bit aways from South Beach and the happening scene by the beach, this hotel was nothing short than spectacular. From the front desk to the concierge, to the bell hop to the waiters in the hotel restaurant, everyone was hands down professional and friendly. What also makes this hotel great are the small touches they have in place for their guests. Each day we'd find complementary cool refreshments near the elevator bank when we'd return from being out. The pool area is furnished with comfortable lounge chairs, cabanas and again, complementary cool refreshments. One evening, they had a wine tasting event by the pool which was also complementary. The rooms are gorgeous and equipped with free internet service; desk top and all. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
TMNYC:
Thank you for taking a few moments to post your excellent contribution. Thank you for mentioning the friendly and professional employees. We offer a complimentary wine hour from 5 to 6pm daily for all our guests. We look forward to your next stay with us.
River Vale, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

I have stayed at this Hotel last year on my way to a cruise, I stayed 2 night on the club level, we were treated like royalty from the minute we checked in, Gene the club concierge and his assistant Bobaldo went above and beyond to make my kids fall in love with the club. This year when we said we are planning a trip to Miami they insisted on staying in the Epic hotel club level, so I booked and we were not disappointed one bit in fact we where surprised with welcome back small touches in our room. I feel the hotel has maintained its great service in fact I felt it was better this time, and the staff at the club Gene Bonaldo and others were superb. One thing that added value to this hotel is Zuma restaurant best Japanese food in the USA. I highly recommend staying at the Epic especially the club level, I will for sure next year it is becoming a family tradition.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
CEMCRAIN:
Welcome back; it is so great when our guests notice our small touches to improve both our guest service and our overall property. Thank you for taking a few moments of your time to post your experiences with us. We look forward to your stay with us next year.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

I spent the weekend with my girlfriend to celebrate my birthday. The hotel had a modern feel in the middle of Miami. The bed was super comfortable and I could have spent the entire day there. However, I we did get out and enjoyed the spa and pool. We were fortunate enough to stay on the Club Levels. Gene and Sonja were very welcoming and made sure my every needs were met. They provided us with tips about the local area and even how to maximize our stay at the Epic. Bonaldo gets extra kudos b/c he was the most happy person I have met in a long while. I think the staff was in cahoots with my gf b/c they kept surprising me with drinks, chocolates, champagne, and even a personalized menu at Area 31! Dinner was a 5 course extravaganza of fresh seafood and a memorable view of downtown Miami. I even got to bring our little boston terrier with no extra pet fee!!! He was so happy when he saw the view from our room. We got a free upgrade to the waterview! I also felt safe running in the area with my dog for exercise. And the gym is awesome too. It is unfair for other establishments, but I will always compare other hotel to the high standards set by EPIC. I would have been content with a warm welcome and small bill. But staff at EPIC made us feel like we were staying at a ultra rich relative's downtown apartment and and still showed us a small bill!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
blackjeep05:
Happy belated birthday & thank you for taking a few moments to post your experience with us. Thank you for mentioning how friendly and helpful the employees are.
We look forward to your return visit.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

I had reserved a room for this hotel prior to the hotel actually opening but had read many good things about the plans.

When we arrived we were shocked. The view, the environment and the style of the hotel were perfect. The rooms were always clean and the service was impeccable. I would DEFINITELY go back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2010
scorro1:
Thank you for taking a few minutes to post the perfect contribution.
Thank you also for mentioning our impeccable service.
We look forward to your return visit.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Simply the best hotel that I have stayed in.... Was very giddy when we arrived. Room on the 26th floor overlooking Biscayne Bay and the skyscapers. What a gorgeous bathroom (Villeroy & Bosch fittings), what a huge bed, big TV and a computer. Looked down onto the Pool deck 10 floors below and that was stunning too.

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
JohnEdwinI:
Thank you for your fantastic posting. We love to hear about the excitement of staying with us from our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
limerick, ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

Well i stayed there recently for 3 nights on my first trip to the USA, i completely went off the reviews from this site and i am delighted i did. The epic was voted the number one on this site, its a 5 star hotel that is 5 star.. the staff were fantastic and very helpful, the location is very good too with only a short walk to must places, south beach is just across the bridge, a short cab ride only..I traveled with a friend of mine so we had a double room, it was very nice with a great view of the city, your own computer too which id say is rare in the states as its Wi-Fi everywhere now.. Big bathroom with a jacuzzi bath, fantastic rain showers, you could sleep in the beds all day there so comfortable..haha. They also organised a rental car for us as we went onto key west so if your doing the same you can look up my reviews on them hotels....so if i am in Miami in the future i wouldn't be staying anywhere else,Any questions you have i would be more than happy to help...ken...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
kennethevo6:
Thank you for taking a few moments to post such a fantastic contribution. Thank you also for mentioning the property amenities and friendly service.
We look forward to your next stay with us.
Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!