“Style and hospitality at it's finest” 5 of 5 stars

Fly South for the Winter
Ranked #5 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Style and hospitality at it's finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

We recently traveled to Miami for our honeymoon and selected Epic because of the great reviews. We did not know that it would be even better than our wildest dreams.
The hotel, even if it is not on the beach (a short drive away) is on the bay, with fantastic water views, around great restaurants and clubs. The design is fantastic and very trendy. Bathrooms are to die for, restaurants and spa in the hotel are very classy and the views are breathtaking.
But the best thing about this hotel is the service. When we arrived we were checked in by their night manager, Giorgios, who was also greek and spoke our language. After 10 minutes of information and suggestions we were shown to our room by the bellboy to find that Giorgios had already sent us champagne and strawberries to celebrate our honeymoon and had moved us to a suite with no extra money. We were speechless! This was the best hospitality experience we had in all our trips.
During our stay, all the staff was beyond great and smiled every time we looked at them. Everything we asked for during our stay, was immediately taken care.
Everyone treated us like friends and made our honeymoon unforgettable.
Even though it is not on the beach, the luxury and incredible hospitality was the best we have ever seen and it is worth the 5 minute drive to the ocean.
Thank you Epic and Giorgio for this incredible start to our life as a married couple.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2010
traveltogether02:
Wow; thank you for the fantastic posting.
Congratulations on your wedding and we are so happy that we were able to contribute to the incredible beginning of a wonderful marriage.
We hope to see you on your anniversaries.
Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

This was a biz trip that I also made a leisure trip. The staff at the Epic is great and the facility is very nice.

The staff really wants to work WITH the guest, I needed a late check out and they were more than happy to accomadate.

I will come back here for sure!

Thanks

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Akrontravelman:
Thank you for taking a few moments to write such a great contribution.
Thank you also for mentioning how accommodating our employees are.
We look forward to your next stay with us.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

My 4th stay here was just as great as the other 3. Breathtaking property with a picturesque view of Biscayne Bay and the city. The pool is incredible too- something you won't find but at a luxurious resort like Epic. Rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are as nice as you'll find in any hotel. Be sure to hit up Area 31 also- had dinner their twice now and loved it. Can't go wrong with any of the fish or steak selections. The waitstaff is attentive and knowledgeable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2010
rmanson411:
Thank you for taking a few moments to post such a fantastic contribution.
We look forward to your 5th stay with us.
oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

My husband and I stayed here after a cruise celebrating our anniversary and we had a great time. Our room was so beautiful - a view of the ocean and a huge bathroom. We mentioned we were celebrating our anniversary and the staff sent up a bottle of champage and a congratulations card. It was a very nice touch and made our visit even better. The only downside is it's in the business district so there isn't much to do within walking distance, but you can easily take a cab. Plus, our room was so nice we didn't want to leave anyway. I absolutely love Kimpton Hotels.

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2010
Traveler852000:
Happy belated anniversary. Thank you for the wonderful posting.
We look forward to your next stay with us.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

My husband & I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Epic. I found it here on Tripadvisor. I corresponded with the hotel to check & see if there would be work going on at the pool (earlier review mentioned it was loud) & to see if they had a pet free floor (they are a pet friendly hotel). I mentioned we were celebrating my husbands birthday & I got a prompt response saying that the pool would not be worked on during our stay, that we would be placed on their pet free floor AND we would be upgraded to a one bedroom suite.

My husband was very surprised when we opened our door to our suite--and so was I. It was beautiful!! Floor to ceiling windows in the bedroom, with spectacular views of downtown Miami. Bed was VERY comfortable! An amazing bathroom & a very nice living room---with desk, computer & very comfortable workstation chair. (make sure to sign up for the Kimpton In Touch program on line---that gets you free internet use! Also, look up Kimpton on Facebook to see what their monthly secret word is---to get a free perk at check-in)

We had also reserved a room on the "club level" which meant access to a room where there was a full time concierge, who was extremely helpful in helping us choose & dining options. There were 5 different food presentations set out daily. The breakfast was great! Extremely good quality---very fresh fruit! great croissants (I'm very picky!!) and bagels with all the trimmings, cereals, juice--fresh squeezed!, tea, coffee, etc. The items were pretty much the same all 3 mornings but that was perfectly fine with me---as it was all very good. There were tables available on the balcony & inside.

We made it to 2 afternoon snacks--yogurt parfaits filled with cut fresh fruit & topped with granola & some very good cranberry bread. Also enjoyed stopping by on our way out to dinner for a drink (several choices of alcohol with mixers). Snacks laid out but we didn't try anything. Enjoyed stopping back by after our evening out for a sweet treat, too. One night Gene---the wonderful concierge even brought a plate of desserts to our room as he heard we had been by a few minutes earlier while he was away.

Loved the pool and the very helpful attendants. They were able to set up our loungers so that I was totally in the shade, thanks to an umbrella set just right, and my husband was fully in the sun--as we requested. They were very attentive with glasses of iced lemon water. The spa came out to the pool in the afternoon & I had a 15 minute ($25) cabana massage. I was afraid it would be hard to relax at the pool---but it was great! Only wish I had signed up for an hour!

Didn't eat at the hotels restaurant, but did stop by the bar with our free cocktail coupons---had a really good martini & enjoyed the experience.

Negatives? Have to look very hard....shower is a rain shower---was ok, but I prefer a regular shower head. But it was a beautiful bathroom!

We are used to staying in nice hotels (Four Seasons, Ritz, etc) but are totally impressed with the Epic & are looking forward to trying out other Kimpton hotels in the future

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
LHH67:
Thank you for taking a few moments to contribute such a magical posting.
Thank you for providing so much detail regarding your experience with us.
We are pleased to hear that we were able to create a lasting memory for your husband’s birthday. We look forward to your return visit.
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

EPIC is absolutely wonderful! I only stayed one night because I was in town for a business trip, but I cannot wait to go back. My room was incredible! Get decor, comfortable, included a computer with internet, spotlessly clean, and had a bathroom large enough to play baseball in. We had dinner at the on-site Area 31 which was also fantastic. The flat iron steak was seasoned and cooked perfectly. Also order the polenta, it is amazing. All in all this is by far the best hotel I have stayed at in Florida and I plan to return ASAP!

jason-thescout:
Thank you for taking a few moments to contribute such an amazing posting.
Thank you for mentioning the great decor, amenities and flat iron steak. I agree one of my favorite meals as well. We look forward to your return stay with us.
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

I had a last minute trip to Miami and was given this hotel on a recommendation. Only knowing areas near the beach, I was a bit hesitant about downtown. Boy, was I wrong. This hotel is in a great location in the heart of downtown Miami and the Brickell area. A perfect location to get business done in the Financial district then head out on the town in Brickell for an evening of fun.
Everything from the customer service upon check-in, to the service staff at the restaurant and bar to the quality of the food and accommodations. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at everything the EPIC offered. This was my first stay in a Kimpton property and it certainly will not be the last.
I was upgraded to a junior suite and the room was fantastic, very clean and spacious. The connectivity for wireless was perfect and it allowed me plenty of time to get my work done in an extremely comfortable and well thought out, modern room decor.
I'm looking forward to having this be my companies primary hotel for business in Miami. I am impressed with EPIC and the Kimpton product. ... now, if they could just move the beach a little bit closer to the hotel... ;)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2010
meetjimbo:
Thank you for the fantastic posting.
Thank you for the great feedback regarding your experience.
We love hearing that we are a great fit for your companies business needs in Miami.
We look forward to your next stay.
Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!