“The best hotel we've stayed at!” 5 of 5 stars

25% Off + FREE Upgrade
Ranked #4 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
laguna hills
“The best hotel we've stayed at!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

So much to say here but I'll try to keep it short. Amazingly friendly staff. They make you feel special and well taken care of. The nicest person we encountered was Farah. She upgraded us to a Bay view room, gave us two complimentary items from the mini bar (has snacks) since we don't drink and won't enjoy the complimentary wine hour at 5pm. She sent hot chocolate to my room at 11pm when I was craving it and asked where I could find a local cafe. She had this "we can do anything for you" attitude that made us feel heavenly. When I called the front desk about negotiating valet price, the staff member asked me "what do you think is reasonable?" I gave him my answer and he said "okay, it's done." The valet service was great also. We called from our room when we wanted our car and by the time we got downstairs our car was ready. The hotel provides lemonade and ice tea from 2-4pm. The decor is very modern and comfortable. They have a lounge area downstairs w/ this really cool microsoft computer (kind of like a Ipad..not sure what it's called). My husband and I sat downstairs for a bit just enjoying the view and playing on the computer. The pool area was beautiful and relaxing. The staff person set us up on loungers w/ towels and water. The spa is free for hotel guests. The gym is very clean and modern w/ individual tvs for each machine. The spa has a Hammam (kinda weird but nice feeling), a quiet room, and a detox chamber (not co ed). The detox chamber was kinda dingy though and took awhile to heat up. Otherwise, everything was absolutely amazing! Oops, forgot to mention the complimentary continental breakfast every morning (although we slept in and only used it one day).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2010
nadiashahmalik:
Thank you for taking a moment to write such a fantastic contribution.
Thank you for mentioning the amazingly friendly service.
We look forward to your return stay with us.

1,948 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010 via mobile

First time to a Kimpton hotel & The Epic didnt let us down. We came here on our Honeymoon & found the hotel to be excellent in service & quality. The only 2 downside were the continental breakfast, very good; but the same everyday. The price of the car park is $32 per night, it's the only thing that's overpriced in the hotel.

The food is great from their main resturant Area 31. Drinks are a little over priced, but thats quiet common in Miami.

The concierge was great, arranged a hire car, several trips & gave us discount vouchers too.

Overall, a great Hotel!!

• Stayed July 2010
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2010
Jezza2010:
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great contribution.
Congratulations on your recent wedding and thank you for choosing us to spend your honeymoon. We hope to see you again each year on your anniversaries.
Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

The positives

This hotel is beautifully appointed, the room was excellent and had decent views.
The pool staff were excellent
Food and drink prices were reasonable

The Negatives

The pool is undergoing maintenance work during the week therefore suffers from contants tile grinding noise and dust for most of the day. The workers laying the tiles are the slowest in history and a small house could have been built in the time that a few tiles were laid. Not in the least bit relaxing.

Poolside meal of Cuban Panini was sub standard, fatty pork and frazzled fries, not good. Also reuested a Burger via a room service which was undercooked causing me stomach cramps, again not good

Thursday 7th had some sort of event outside which mean extremely loud music played till around 11pm (DJ and Percussionist), not the worst thing to occur but after a day of being at the pool with the tile grinding noise there for 8 hours it was too much noise for one day.

Friday 7th - Went for a drink on the terrace at 6, in the space of a half hour not one member of staff took an order from me, just kept walking passed me, eventually I went to the bar and requested a drink (Corona). The girl serving then disappeared into the restaurant as there was none in the bar. After 5 minutes she eventually returns with 2 glasses of White Wine (who for I dont know as no one else was at the bar), she sees me mutters Corona under her breath and then disappears for another 5 minutes, 40 minutes after getting to the bar I now have a drink (hooray). The bar wasn't busy and its apparrent they were short staffed as the girl was the only one serving, at the same time she was delievering food to tables so I'll not blame her too much but the hotel has to take note, customers having to wait 40 minutes to get served is not good service. In the space of 3 hours I managed to get 2 drinks in total.

Saturday - some idiot in another room decides to start playing loud dance music from their room at around 1:30=2 am, not the fault of the hotel and not sure of the hotel had it stopped as it seemed to stop after about 30 minutes.

Sunday - Downpour of rain meant the outside terrace wasnt really an option, went to the bar downstairs on the 1st floor to discover the dont open Sundays, what sort of hotel doesnt open their bar on a weekend???)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
JK57:
Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your experience.
Let me first sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences which occurred through out your stay with us. We will address all the Food and Beverage opportunities immediately. I am a bit surprised that the pool team did not discuss the option of spending the day at the private resident pool with you. We do mention all pertinent renovation information on all major websites. From August 9th to September 2nd we will be performing preventative maintenance on our pool deck again and will also be offering as we were two weeks ago the option to utilize our private residents pool deck; which has great sun in the afternoon. I will be in touch personally immediately to apologize. Thank you again for your experience.
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

I stayed at the Epic with my husband & two young children (7 & 4) recently at the start of our summer holiday. None of us could get over how friendly and helpful everyone was & how welcome we were made feel. The kids were asked their names by staff when they first met and from then on were always greeted by name with a smile. Nothing was too much trouble and we truly felt like VIPs the whole time we were there.
We had a huge one-bedroom suite, which was amazing! It had everything we could need during our stay and was immaculately clean. Housekeeping was never visible and yet the room was cleaned and turned down each day to a very high standard.
The pool area was stunning and again spotlessly clean. The choice of two pools meant that we didn't feel our kids slashing around was disturbing any of the other guests. Both were monitored constantly and again anything we needed was to hand.
We ate in Area 31 and couldn't fault it. The food was fresh and very well prepared, service was excellent. The kids also found it interesting being able to watch the chefs at work in the kitchen.
We have stayed in a lot of hotels but even my husband who travels a lot with work argrees that this is one of the best we have ever stayed in. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
sol1905:
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic contribution.
We truly appreciate hearing about your experience and we love the recommendation.
We look forward to your return the next time you visit Miami.
buenos aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Hello, I have been staying in this hotel till its opening in Dec08. Its has improved in many areas and others are worst, but the fundamental thing it´s that the Management worries about their guests and that its always a good sign. Our last stayed (Jun2010) was very good, the room, the staff, the breakfast, the spa, were perfect, but we found the gym cleanliness a disaster and that´s why I mark very low the hotel this time. I found improvemnts at Area 31 were we´ve dinner with friends 1 night and Zuma it´s a great restaurant but the kitchen smells a lot.
This last time I was hesitating between the Epic and the Mandarin, so we went twice to the Mandarin to visit and to eat and I think we made the right choice. The Mandarin is a beautiful hotel, very well decor, but the location of the Epic is better and the gym and pool are larger.
So in downtwon Miami this is my choice !!.
Hola, me he alojado en este hotel desde que inauguro en Dic08. Ha mejorado en algunas areas y empeorado en otras, pero lo importante es que al Administrador le importan sus huespedes y eso es un buen signo. Esta vez encontre todo bien, menos la limpieza del gimnasio, que era un desastre. A mi me encanta entrenar y si bien el gimnasio cuento con cleanex para que cada cual limpie los equipos, lo que encontre en muy malas condiciones fue la limpieza en general. Area 31 esta mejor, el menu muy bueno y rico y Zuma me gusto pero la cocina larga mucho olor en el ambiente y eso me molesto. En este viaje estaba indecisa entre alojarme en el Epic o en el Mandarin, entonces fui a conocer el Mandarin. El hotel esprecioso, ubicado con una vista increible a la bahia de Biscayne, pero encontre que en cuanto a ubicacion, gimnasio y pileta el Epic es mejor. Depsues de 6 estadias el Epic sigue siendo mi eleccion en el downtown Miami.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
blueBuenosAires:
Thank you for returning to the EPIC. We truly appreciate you choosing us as your home away from home in Miami. I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness concerns in the fitness center, they have been addressed. The goal of all our employees here at EPIC involves exceeding all our guests’ expectations; it is not only the managers who care dearly about our guests. If you don't mind I will send you a quick email; regarding your next stay; it would be my pleasure to coordinate your reservation and insure that we exceed your expectations.
I look forward to your next stay with us; hopefully you will have a few moments to touch base in person.
stouty01
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

We recently stayed in the Epic while on honeymoon and from the moment we arrived after a long flight we felt like we were in heaven. The staff were incredibly welcoming and friendly. We arrived just in time for free wine hour which is a really nice touch. contary to other advice about downtown Miami we found it very pleasant and safe and walked to Bayside every evening for drinks and found the Epic to be in an excellant location.

Our room had a great view and we can see now what people meant about the comfy beds.We had room serivce for breakfast one morning and it was superb. The Epic was first of four hotels we were to stay during our vacation and it really set a high standard. also the pool area was amazing just like in the pictures and we spent a lovely morning in sun there. We dont have any complaints and wish we didnt live so far away so we could visit there more often....!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
stoutyo1:
Thank you for taking a few moments to write such an amazing contribution.
We look forward to your return stay with us.
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

My company set me up at this hotel for three nights and it did not disappoint! I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. I was working during the day close by but enjoyed every moment I spent at this hotel. First the front door entry started with a nice hello and smile, check in went smoothly. The room was exceptional, large, clean, amazing decor with a very clean Miami hip style to it. My fiance was with me and we just loved it. We want to remodel our bathroom in our home the same style...we had room service a couple of times the food was awesome! We will definetely be back to enjoy a weekend trip with our little Pom Pom. Kudos to The Epic....

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
shlvallejo:
Thank you for taking the time to contribute such an excellent contribution.
We look forward to your return.
Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!